Bad
Good

Three grandchildren have graduated from this school. All went to universities and have excellent jobs. H j not only produces good graduates, but good charscter. I have one still in high school.

Very safe environment with a rural feel. HJ was small enough that we could keep an eye on our kids. I often worried that my kids might not be getting enough advanced curriculum to succeed at the college level. My youngest graduated 11 yrs. ago and I am almost certain that things have improved. Besides, all three of mine went on to graduate with honors from TX. A&M. The oldest is an anesthesiologist, the second has an Mgmt. Ifo. Systems degree and the third is about to finish his podiatry residence.

I really love HJ. It has its tiny problems but it really is a safe environment for us to be in and they have tons of school spirit that i find contagious. I love coming to school every day and the facilities are nice and healthy and the people are friendly.

This is like the coolest school ever, my kids love the school so much. The administration does a great job.

I'm currently a student at HJ and can honestly say I'm the most unhappy i have been in a long time. I do not feel like I'm being challenged enough as far as education goes which makes me have concerns about what colleges I will be able to be accepted to. Also because it is a small school, causing the students and their teachers to have ten times more rumors and bad attitudes towards innocent people than a larger school would. My experience at HJ has been very difficult. but maybe that's just me. I know some students who say they are extremely happy at HJ. I will say Hardin-Jefferson has great school spirit and pride, we are extremely confident and supportive in our basketball team! as well as other sports. I will probably be moving schools soon though because of my unhappiness with the students and the education.

Hardin Jefferson is an excellent learning environment that provides students with a safe and comfortable place to learn. The teachers here do their job because they love to inspire and want to make a difference in each child's life. There is an amazing amount of spirit amongst the student body, faculty and staff.

I love the high school its a great place for kids to learn what they need to learn before they get out in the real wrold..

Like every school, HJ has it's issues but, for the most part, the Principal's and Administration are caring, and attentive to the students and parents. I've found the best way to communicate with the teachers, is email. I love the school spirit and parent participation. Kudo's to the district for implementing grades online! Go Hawks!

Last modified Hardin-Jefferson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.