South Houston High School 1

Posted October 13, 2014
This school's a.p. staff are terrible. If they do not like a student on a personal level, yes they brig personal feelings into play. They will almost stalk your child around the school just so they can catch them doing something they do not approve of. Like what? Having a hat on or a backpack. You can not carry a backpack in high school? It's not like the students don't have school work and books to carry. That is outrageous I think high school is when a backpack is needed most. Idiocy.

South Houston High School 1

Posted June 20, 2011
I attended this school over a decade ago and it was fairly decent. The education was up to par. Older siblings attended over two decades ago and it was even better then. Now the new generation of family is attending and I have to say that the level of education has hit rock bottom. Not only is there no more diversity among students but the grammar of these kids is horrible. I have met with some of the teachers and they are either (a) fresh out of college or (b) just don't care. If the teachers are not organized how do they expect the students to be. It seems that this school has declined tremendously over time. I am highly dissatisfied with the school and its curriculum/teachers.

South Houston High School 3

Posted September 21, 2010
As a 1981 Graduate of SOHO, I would like to say that living in the area, I have seen many changes in the area which can't help be relected in the schools. There was a time when parents parented their children and were involved in what was going on at school. But the area has changed and the culture has changed and now the majority of the students at SHHS were not taught the smallest amount of respect for each other but worst of all no self respect. The staff of the high school has a limited time with the KIDS and thats what they are they are children whom will soon be released into the world. If parents would do their job then perhaps the dedicated staff of SHHS could also do theirs instead of having to deal with BS from the fringe few whom have no respect for Education

South Houston High School 4

Posted May 16, 2010
I couldnt be any more proud of being a trojan & a Jannette dancer, C/O 11'. The school itself may need some repair, but the teachers are pretty good. Of course, not all of my teachers have been the best. But if I ever have a problem in learning something, I find a way out of it; look for a great teacher to go to during tutoring, there's many at this school. I've succeded academically so much. I love South Houston HS & I'm going to miss it very much after I graduate.

Posted April 27, 2010
I currently attend this school and it's amazing!!!!! The teachers are the best that I have ever had the priveldge to be teaches by .they care about their students and main goal is to see the student body succeed!! The student body might not be the best but we accomplish things ..I couldn't Be more proud to be called a south Houston Trojan !!! GOtrojans!!!:) our community pride and joy

Posted March 26, 2010
Hmm well this school is okay , but i love the fact they help you if your behind on your credits , like PLATO

Posted January 26, 2010
Sadly, this is a school where the primary goal is to control the students. The teachers are not a team as well.

Posted June 25, 2009

Posted May 30, 2009
I absolutely love this school! It is the high school that i graduated from and they have the best teachers and it's just a great support system. Go Trojans!! C/07!!

Posted January 05, 2009
i think that many parents should be proud of this school. beacuse it has many programs that are helpful to the students and helps them succed to go to college. the people there are also very nice.many teachers are very very helpful to all of the students.

South Houston High School
3820 Shaver Street, South Houston, TX  77587
Last modified South Houston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Houston High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top