Posted September 19, 2013
Both of our daughters have attended Southlake schools since elementary school. The reputation for the highest academic rigor and competition is, in my opinion, correct. However, my children thrived in this environment because they had such strong peer groups whose parents also had high academic expectations for their children. Both girls have now progressed with many AP classes and many hours of college credit (with lots of school activities) and have been accepted to many of the high ranking national schools throughout the country. I give a lot of the credit to the preparation given to them by Southlake-Carroll.

Posted February 14, 2012
I grew up in the CISD and went to Carroll Senior High School. I can honestly say that CSHS was more rigorous and academically challenging than my undergraduate years. CSHS prepared me in every way possible to be an academician. I am now a law student at the George Washington University Law School.

Posted July 30, 2011
This is truly one of the best schools in the state. After coming in 2nd place in the Lone Star Cup (only 13 points behind The Woodlands) the stats don't lie about this school. The boys swimming/diving and soccer teams won state in 2011 along with the girls drill team, the Emerald Belles. Being a one high school town, sports are very competitive, however the results are obviously in favor of this school. School spirit is HUGE in Southlake! The fine arts are among the best in the state. Carroll band and choir participants are among the highest at Solo and Ensemble competition. AP classes are rigorous, but extremely beneficial in the end. Even regular classes at Carroll are demanding. If you don't want to work, Carroll is not the school for you! The senior high is one of the older CISD campuses, but is in the final stages of a make over. The overall teacher/administration quality at the senior high is better than the high school, however, both schools are amazing. I have family all over the state of Texas and in comparison to my relative's schools, they don't even compare to Carroll. After going to CISD schools since 3rd grade, I am proud I got to attend Carroll schools. Go Dragons!!

Posted July 11, 2011
Carroll Senior High School is a great community of students led by a great teaching staff. Sports are what most people hear about when they ask about Carroll, but it does not mean the other areas of interest that kids have are unsuccessful. The arts, theatre and music departments are just as strong and have helped shape young adults and prepare them for the next steps in their life. I would recommend Carroll for anyone moving to the area.

Posted June 10, 2011
I got a great education from the Caroll School District. They do a good job of preparing you for college and the teachers are all bright and obviously want to be there.

Posted March 25, 2010

Carroll Senior High School 4

Posted January 10, 2010
Personally, I found Carroll to prepare me extremely well for the college I attend now. (Texas A&M) It encouraged me to strive for my best in every possible way. Extra curriculars were great, and even the weirdest of kids could find friends here. That being said, if your child doesn't want to be the best or be very involved in school, they will HATE it. Many students found that too much was expected of them and resigned themselves to attaining less than they could have, had they been at a less intense school.

Posted July 23, 2009
My kids both graduated from CHS. They were prepared in every way to succeed at the next level, mainly because of an environment that doesn't accept anything less than your best effort. I had more than one teacher tell me that they had never seen a place like CHS -- where the peer pressure is to perform. If your kids are willing to work hard, they will be in the best environment you can imagine. If they are slackers, they will be miserable here.

Posted May 18, 2009

Posted June 30, 2007

Carroll Senior High School
2400 North Carroll Avenue, Southlake, TX  76092
Last modified Carroll Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carroll Senior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top