Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

The focus is so much on money the family has, what students drive, clothing and "how big is your house" that students are not concerned with bigger issues such as learning to cope with real-0life situations.

This district is over-rated - and seems to carry a "better profile" than surrounding schools due to the amount of money Carroll's demographic has compared to nearby districts. The football organization is completely unprofessional and looks to promote those students that come from money or background over those with true talent. The academic program is average, and other nearby districts offer so much more to students with GT advancement, Special Education needs, and programs that are geared toward more challenging careers. I was relieved to move my son from the district!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are some good teachers in the district, however there are great teachers everywhere, and there are bad teachers as well.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The focus on academics is definately second to the focus on athletics. Nearby districts offer more of an academic challenge.

Both of our daughters have attended Southlake schools since elementary school. The reputation for the highest academic rigor and competition is, in my opinion, correct. However, my children thrived in this environment because they had such strong peer groups whose parents also had high academic expectations for their children. Both girls have now progressed with many AP classes and many hours of college credit (with lots of school activities) and have been accepted to many of the high ranking national schools throughout the country. I give a lot of the credit to the preparation given to them by Southlake-Carroll.

I grew up in the CISD and went to Carroll Senior High School. I can honestly say that CSHS was more rigorous and academically challenging than my undergraduate years. CSHS prepared me in every way possible to be an academician. I am now a law student at the George Washington University Law School.

This is truly one of the best schools in the state. After coming in 2nd place in the Lone Star Cup (only 13 points behind The Woodlands) the stats don't lie about this school. The boys swimming/diving and soccer teams won state in 2011 along with the girls drill team, the Emerald Belles. Being a one high school town, sports are very competitive, however the results are obviously in favor of this school. School spirit is HUGE in Southlake! The fine arts are among the best in the state. Carroll band and choir participants are among the highest at Solo and Ensemble competition. AP classes are rigorous, but extremely beneficial in the end. Even regular classes at Carroll are demanding. If you don't want to work, Carroll is not the school for you! The senior high is one of the older CISD campuses, but is in the final stages of a make over. The overall teacher/administration quality at the senior high is better than the high school, however, both schools are amazing. I have family all over the state of Texas and in comparison to my relative's schools, they don't even compare to Carroll. After going to CISD schools since 3rd grade, I am proud I got to attend Carroll schools. Go Dragons!!

Carroll Senior High School is a great community of students led by a great teaching staff. Sports are what most people hear about when they ask about Carroll, but it does not mean the other areas of interest that kids have are unsuccessful. The arts, theatre and music departments are just as strong and have helped shape young adults and prepare them for the next steps in their life. I would recommend Carroll for anyone moving to the area.

I got a great education from the Caroll School District. They do a good job of preparing you for college and the teachers are all bright and obviously want to be there.

Carroll Senior High School really helped me prepare for college. I did especially well with writing because I had to write term papers in high school and include MLA formatted citations. During my freshman year in college, other students asked me to edit their papers for them because I had great grammar skills and an extensive vocabulary. I give a lot of credit to Mrs. Salyer, though I'm not sure if she's still there. Her non-AP English class was really difficult, but I still use the knowledge from her class to this day.

Last modified Carroll Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.