No rating

The Clariden School

Private | PK-12 | 165 students

Living in Southlake

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $493,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted October 21, 2011

I disagree with the bad reviews and that the good reviews are coming from parents who receive some kind of favoritism because of donations. We are not in the position to donate anything over the standard fees, nor do we have the time to "get in" with the faculty through volunteering due to demanding careers, but we feel that our child has thrived there since moving from a public school. Every year her grades have gone up, and her SAT scores went up 300 points between two years at Clariden. At public school she was unhappy and failing miserably, but here she is happy, engaged in her work, and now excited about her future. She has been encouraged to become a leader, and independent, and the teachers while supportive will be tough when they think a child is not living up to their potential. Yes, last year was a little rocky, but this is proving to be promising as they implement their new program in the upper school, and I am personally excited about the new project curriculum as it is teaching the kids to be independent thinkers. It may sound like an easy way to get an A, but I've never seen my child so enthusiastic, or work harder than this year

Posted October 20, 2011

I'm very surprised after reading the last few postings, as I've been heavily involved with The Clariden School for 7 years, & have seen it through many of these changes mentioned. It has never been a place where the child did not come first. The staff & faculty have always practiced excellence to the Clariden families, & though it isn't a perfect place (because no such thing exists), it is a safe, caring, & nurturing environment for a student. If such a setting as a small, private school hasn't worked for your child, that is no reason to turn around & make false or elaborated accusations toward the school. The families that belong at Clariden are those that WANT ownership of their education, WANT their child's strengths to be nurtured & cared for, & WANT close relationships & open lines of communication within the community. As in any institution, there will be growing pains, but the support of one another through those times is what holds a community together. I'm disappointed in those that gave Clariden a bad wrap; it's always been & IS a place that fosters respect of self, each other, & the community, all while striving for excellence academically, socially, & personally.

Posted October 19, 2011

Our children have a special bond with their Clariden teachers. They miss their teachers in the summer and want to invite their teachers to their birthday parties. When we drop them off they are smiling and when we pick them up from school they have a smile on their faces. They are happy, well-rounded, well educated and loved at Clariden.

Posted October 19, 2011

We have been part of the Clariden community for 6 years. We have never received favoritism, nor have we witnessed any. We have paid our fees, like all other families according to the school's standard principles (just like any other private school) and in exchange we have received a superb education in a nurturing and caring environment. We couldn't be more pleased with the teachers and the new head of school. We live in Southlake, and have Carroll schools at our disposal. Regardless, year after year, we do the assessments and end up at Clariden for the superior Montessori education and the embracing environment driven by the teachers and faculty.

Posted October 19, 2011

In my 8 years of working at the Clariden School, I feel very confident in giving the school my highest recommendation. The quality in education the teachers bring to the students is far superior to that of public education. There is more individual attention given to each student and the teachers stay true to following the student. The special teaching moments and opportunities I've experienced at the school have been priceless. I can't imagine a that there is a better place to work!

Posted October 19, 2011

This is our 4th year at the Clariden School and I have only positive things to say about the teachers, head of school and the parents. I drive a good distance and make a financial sacrifice to have my child at this school and it's worth it! My child loves attending Clariden and the school has created a love of learning in her that will never go away.

Posted October 19, 2011

We love everything aboutnClariden and all that the school has done for our children and our family. We are grateful for the dedicated staff and administration who work tirelessly for the benefit of our children! Every school has a history and previous administrations may not have made the best decisions but growth often requires difficult decisions. Our new Head of School, Jenifer Fox, and Assistant Head of School Debby Riordan, are dedicated to ensuring a unique experience for each child that is academically challenging, personally enriching and socially nourishing. Do your own research and visit the school to see if this might be a haven for your family. We could not be happier.

Posted October 19, 2011

We enrolled our 4 year-old at Clariden this fall, and I am so glad we did. She is so happy! She LOVES her teachers, loves her new friends, and tells EVERYONE she goes to Clariden. She's quite proud of her school. We had her in a Montessori school that unfortunately closed this past spring. That put a lot of us parents in a position where we had to find a new school for our children. I visited over 20 preschools in the area before making the decision to put her in Clariden. This school exceeds all my expectations of a preschool. Our daughter has learned so much just in the 2 months she's been at Clariden. I can also report that I have spoken to parents whose children were classmates of my daughter's at her former Montessori school, and across the board, they feel the same way -- this school is excellent.

Posted October 19, 2011

I am so happy with Clariden. The education that my child has received is excellent. I can't say enough great things about the Montessori education provided by the excellent teachers at this school. My child is so excited to go to school everyday and she has a smile on her face at the end of each day.

Posted October 19, 2011

Three of my children attend the Clariden School. I feel the truest test of a good school is whether your children are learning and gaining a love of learning. My children all LOVE the school and their teachers! They come home every day happy and eager to share what they are learning. I think part of this is just the amazing Montesorri method and it's hands-on learning, plus the strengths-based curriculum, as well the classroom's are structured to allow children to teach other children lesons on the topics they are proficient in. Kid's really learn foundations when they teach them to others. Of course, the other part is the wonderful staff of teachers at Clariden who love Montesorri and love their jobs, and it shows in so many ways! Anyway can't say enought abouth this wonderful school!

Posted October 19, 2011

I am a new teacher at the Clariden School and I have worked in many different educational settings and, honestly, this one feels the most like home. Our staff and students have been so warm and open to their "new" teacher. They have embraced the change I have brought to them which is always a challenge for a new teacher. I am amazed by how excited these kiddos are to come to school every day..their enthusiasm is infectious!!! I can't wait for my son to be old enough to attend Clariden and I can't wait to see how the new programs will affect this amazing school! Its an exciting time here at Clariden!

Posted October 19, 2011

This is our third year at Clariden and we absolutely love the school! I find it very hard connecting these negative posting to the school my kids go to. It just doesn't match. From teachers, staff, materials and classrooms, I couldn't be happier. Both of my kids are doing great and exceeding in every possible way. Communication has always been great between teachers and us, and we always felt we had a very open channel with the school. Yes, the school have been going through some major necessary changes, but it hasn't affected my kids academic education. The new Head of the School is doing an excellent job. Go look for yourself. Sometimes things are posted with another purpose in mind than simply sharing your own experiences.

Posted October 19, 2011

My daughter is in her first year at The Clariden school in the Primary program and is having a marvelous experience. Her teacher is first-rate, her academic skills are growing, and she bounces in the building each morning excited to go to school. The new Head of School is spending significant energy communicating to parents through a variety of methods, the teachers have provided two parent education events and welcome parents to observe the classroom at any time - there is no reason anyone should wonder what is going on.

Posted October 19, 2011

As a teacher I really appreciate that The Clariden School of Southlake is open to new ideas and challenging the way we view education in America. I love the freedom of thought that I see here and the way students, parents, teachers and faculty are all working together to look after the best interests of our children. We provide a world class education that focuses on the needs of the students and encourages them to grow and develop in a healthy and safe environment, and coming from a Public School previously I know what a value this type of education is to the students here!

Posted October 19, 2011

Clariden is a great school. If you are looking for a place that will treat your child as an individual and stimulate their interests, then this is the place. They have recently hired a new head who has a great approach to children's education. The lower school Montessori program is excellent. They are implanting a new upper school program that is similar to the case based learning approach I experienced at Harvard Medical School in the 90's when it was considered a novel approach to higher education. We have been there for 2 years and have seen no favoritism based on donation. The teachers and new head are extremely receptive. There is an open door policy. I get great feedback from his teachers in a variety of ways. Most importantly, my child loves it!!! He is excited about all the projects and the field trips. He is getting an excellent education. We tried a few places before settling at Clariden. We love the multiple age classroom that allows children to explore subjects in detail that interest them while they still cover the basics. I would not take the opinion of 1 disgruntled parent. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Posted October 19, 2011

While I am sorry that some posters have not had a good experience at Clariden, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. This is our first year at Clariden, and we absolutely LOVE it. Our son is so happy and comfortable in his class and is learning at a frighteningly fast pace. We have found both the teachers and administration to be warm, caring and very communicative. We realize that the changes that are forthcoming are a work in progress, and have been very impressed with the administration's effort to be transparent with the parents. We plan on keeping our son at Clariden for some time, as we absolutely believe that it is a much better place for him than our ISD.

Posted October 19, 2011

My Son has been in this school for 2 years now and going on his 3rd year and we love it. He loves his teachers and friends. Every evening when i put him to bed he ask me : Mommy what are we going to do tomorrow ? I said : School And says : Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! Well that's says it ALL.

Posted October 19, 2011

My child has attended The Clariden School for 5 years. It has not only provided her with excellent academics, but allowed her to grow as a whole person. I would STRONGLY recommend this school!

Posted October 19, 2011

Our child is at Clariden. We have found the school to be a caring environment which provides and great environment for the children and have seen our child skills and performance improve here at a very impressive rate. We have known other families at Clariden and they have all been very happy with their experiences also. We are very impressed with the new leadership in Ms Fox and the existing leaderships and team.

Posted October 12, 2011

This school is nothing but a glorified daycare. We have made the right decsion to pull our kid out of Clariden. My kid excels academically after leaving Clariden. Your child definitely deserves a much better learning environment than Clariden can offer. I also do not like the fact that they are running this school as a corporation. They will do whatever they can to make other people believe how great they are and yet it turned out to be just a whole bunch of empty promises. How can it be a great school when the leaders of the school do not even care about the best interests of the students and parents?

Asian or Pacific Islander 13% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Carroll ISD
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 3:30pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

School culture

• The clariden parent organization is involved with many activities: homeroom moms, fundraising, classroom parties, spirit week, plays, field day etc..

Apply now