No rating

The Clariden School

Private | PK-12 | 165 students

Living in Southlake

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $493,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted October 19, 2011

Our child is at Clariden. We have found the school to be a caring environment which provides and great environment for the children and have seen our child skills and performance improve here at a very impressive rate. We have known other families at Clariden and they have all been very happy with their experiences also. We are very impressed with the new leadership in Ms Fox and the existing leaderships and team.

Posted October 12, 2011

This school is nothing but a glorified daycare. We have made the right decsion to pull our kid out of Clariden. My kid excels academically after leaving Clariden. Your child definitely deserves a much better learning environment than Clariden can offer. I also do not like the fact that they are running this school as a corporation. They will do whatever they can to make other people believe how great they are and yet it turned out to be just a whole bunch of empty promises. How can it be a great school when the leaders of the school do not even care about the best interests of the students and parents?

Posted October 4, 2011

Where to begin! My kids love this school - and they've attended Clariden for several years. The Lower School program is true to AMI Montessori: follow the child and respect the child. The teachers are warm, respectful and caring - and the children's love of learning reflects that. The new administration is a breath of fresh air - the vision for the Upper School is what's needed here (and everywhere). The communications are abundant, positive and appropriate. The parent community is one of a kind - it is welcoming, engaging and sets the stage for life-long friendships while providing an example for our children. I would highly recommend Clariden to all parents that want to see their children engaged in learning.

Posted October 4, 2011

I just read some of these negative reviews, which clearly seem to be coming from the same disgruntled individual. I'm sorry your experience at Clariden wasn't more positive, because our family has found it to be an amazingly wonderful and positive gift to our children. This is our 6th year at Clariden, and I feel so fortunate that my children have had this educational experience. The warmth and love of the teachers is truly phenomenal. They care for each individual child for that child's beautiful self, just as teachers should. I will always, always treasure the gift my children have received by being at Clariden.

Posted September 30, 2011

Clariden is horrible. They run this school as a business. "DieHard" students are leaving to go to ISDs. Your child deserves better than Clariden.

Posted September 28, 2011

I find the negative post from yesterday confusing and misleading. The students have not even been in school for 2 or 3 months yet. They have only been in school for 25 days or so. It makes me question the credibility of the claim and the motive of the parent. The new Head of School has implemented many changes. While a few might not like change, I find that the majority of the parents are thrilled with the changes! The teachers are more than just adequate. They are FANTASTIC! The curriculum is AMI Montessori. You can't get better than that!

Posted September 28, 2011

We are very happy with Clariden this year. The teachers are wonderful and we found the new head of school and the rest of the staff very warm and welcoming. It's also very nice to see so many parents directly involved with the school this year.

Posted September 28, 2011

Our children are excited about school! This is our first year at Clariden. Montessori was new to our family so we did months of research before choosing Clariden. We ve found the entire staff to be very accessible, helpful and genuinely interested in the concerns we ve had as parents. This is in sharp contrast to our experience with other public and private schools in the past. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. They re very involved and caring, but most of all, our children are thriving in this wonderful environment. The classrooms are bright, open and very stimulating. Our experience with the new head of school has been very pleasant and she has personally responded to our calls and email messages. The teaching staff has been very responsive as well. Thank you to the entire Clariden staff!

Posted September 22, 2011

My three children have been attending Clariden for three years. Academically, they are thriving. They love the school and their teachers. I whole heartedly recommend Clariden without reservation.

Posted August 7, 2011

The Clariden School is a place of possibilities and rich opportunity for students and our greater Southlake community. Through its dedication to identifying, developing and supporting students' strengths, the passion and capability that emerges from these kids is amazing. Yes, Clariden has been through transition, but we always want to move forward in serving our students and the commitment to this end couldn't be stronger. All of us are so fortunate to have this leading edge educational opportunity in our own backyard!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 27, 2011

Daughter attended Clariden for 5th and 6th. We pulled out of Keller ISD so she would not be judged or receive bad grades while we were working out her ADHD treatment. She claims she learned nothing at Clariden which is the Montessori way...she went back to Keller ISD and has never earned less than an A. At Clariden she memorized the cardiovascular system and still remembers it almost 3 years later. Something there works! She has maintained her friendships from there as well. The kids and teachers are really nice and accepting. After we left, there was some upheavel in the administration that really upset a lot of parents. The founder of the school as well as her daughter who was the assistant headmaster were ousted. One thing that I will remember this school for is that all of the teachers smiled all the time, you could tell they loved their jobs!

Posted February 3, 2011

My children used to attend this school, however having them tested they scored well below that of public school children. I had to have private tutors to catch them up. The people were friendly though the curriculum was of deep concern as my children were ahead when they started and became far behind when we left there. Now my children attend another school and have done well. The concerns here were too many children in a classroom with so many different ages and developmental stages, there was allot of behaviors and little resolve. When you pay allot of money on tuition every parent wants the best for their child. I unfortunately did not find it here. The lunches were fast food brought in, there is no cafe or lunch room, which concerned me as I like my children to eat healthy lunches not fast food all the time. There was no report cards and no homework to validate standards of testing as there is no testing done.

Posted September 4, 2009

My 10 and 12 year old are new to this school and look forward to going. Both like the small class setting which allows a lot of interaction with the teachers. The full kitchens allow them to make nutritional lunches. My daughters made salmon this week:)

Posted July 6, 2009

My son has attended Clariden for one year. The teacher was fantastic for him and helped him make the transition into 1st grade at his new school. The music, art and Spanish programs were great. They offer many after school activities. The Upper School is working through a transition but the Head of School is very competent and it should all work out well for the school.

Posted June 22, 2009

My son has been at Clariden for 1 and 1/2 years and he is thriving! The best thing is that he loves going to school. As a parent, I cannot tell you how relieved I am that I don t have to worry about my son enjoying his day. Since he loves it, he is more open to learning all that the highly skilled teachers have to offer. Clariden treats my child as an individual rather than a 'standard.' The academics are strong and they teach you how to be a learner rather than a fact memorizer. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted June 9, 2009

The Clariden School provides a great Montessori education in its Lower School (Pre-K - 6th grades), and is implementing a curriculum with pre A/P and A/P courses in the Upper School (7th-12th grades). We came to Clariden from another AMI Montessori school. We are very pleased with Clariden - it is committed to AMI and it has provided our children with a wonderful learning environment. We are so pleased our children have been fortunate enough to grow up in such a safe and nurturing environment while also receiving a very strong academic experience. The teachers at Clariden are wonderful!

Posted June 4, 2009

The school is great for Casa, Primary and Lower Elementary. However, they are attempting to expand their middle school and high school programs and it's taking the focus away from their core competency and it's creating turmoil at the school. They've removed the founders from The Board and The Head of School has terrible communication skills at best. I would disregard the other reviews and take a wait and see attitude toward this school in the near future.

Posted April 25, 2009

My younger brother and i went to this school back in 03-04 i was in 10th grade he was in 8th. this school is really a joke i came from a Montessori background (My Mom is a Montessori teacher) i cant really recommend this school unless your child has some learning difficulties but in my opinion it felt like a glorified day care i had left another well known private school to go here you really never had to turn anything in on time they really dont prepare you to be successful in college it seriously made me a much lazier student because you really never are accountible for school work in my opinion but the teachers and staff and really nice and intersting people people but being nice and fun isnt gonna help me in college when i need to know how to study for finnals or take notes
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 27, 2008

This school is not IB nor is it AP in high school. The high school is referred to as 'Innovative' so if you want a regular education ok but if you want an education with college credit that offers a strong AP or IB course Right now there isn't any AP or IB courses that I know of. Homework is every Monday an you have 7 days to complete work for 1st-3rd grade. You do not have testing as with Montessori they don't do testing. They do parent observations. My kids attended 3 years but that was all. Teachers are sweet an the campus is nice.

Posted June 16, 2007

Wonderful school. Great teachers, clean safe environment. Terrific Academics program where learning is fun and educational. It is a Montessori based learning and is wonderful.

Asian or Pacific Islander 13% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Carroll ISD
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 3:30pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

School culture

• The clariden parent organization is involved with many activities: homeroom moms, fundraising, classroom parties, spirit week, plays, field day etc..

Apply now