Posted August 10, 2014
Carroll High School was a horrible horrible experience for me. I have been going to Carroll ISD since Kindergarten and last year was a freshman at CHS. The elementary and early years at CISD were great! But for some reason as the years went on, school after school many of the kids became SUPER cliquey, everything became centered around sports, and more and more I kept feeling the urge to be exactly like every other girl. Let me just be honest. The majority of people treat you nasty if your different, if you wear cheaper clothes, or talk, or walk different than they do. And by "nasty" I mean, I would just be walking down the halls and say "hi" to someone and they would completely ignore the fact that I had acknowledged them. Also, my freshman year at Carroll High 3 out of 4 of my core class teachers were coaches. And let me just say when you have a coach as a teacher, sometimes things aren't done the way they are supposed to be done. Trust me.... personal experience. So.. Carroll was not for me. But who knows maybe your child will find a way to be taught properly AND fit in. Hey, all people are different so you never know (: good luck. Sincerely, -Not Going To Carroll Next Year

Posted May 28, 2014
As a new student who transferred into the state a year ago, I have to say that Carroll is a really nice public high school. Yes, sports are a big thing, but I am not involved in any and still have made friends. The academics are impressive (compared to the high schools surrounding Carroll), and as in every high school, there are some teachers who don't really know how to teach, but they all are pretty nice. I would suggest joining a club or youth group to know more people. Overall, it's a great school.

Posted September 19, 2013
Carroll High School has been an awesome school for our girls, neither of whom were involved in sports. Yes, the academic rigor and competition are high but we LOVED the peer groups the girls had. Everyone around them was expected to do their best (by their teachers and their parents and the other students) and so the girls thought that was normal! Both girls were really involved in the school (not belles.). Our older daughter is now at a large, highly ranked national university (top ten for her field) and felt she was more than prepared than most students because of all the AP classes and amount of studying required in high school. Our next daughter is following the same path (high national test scores, college credit) and they are dramatically different kids. Carroll prepared them both really well!

Posted April 15, 2012
This school puts no value on any students who aren't involved in sports. My first semester of high school I had moved from a different state and was not caught up on math at all. I failed my first semester of math, but by the second semester I caught up and brought my grade up to a 85 which I was told would be enough to move on to the next grade level in math. However, to my surprise they put me in the same math the next year and set me back a year. They said they were supposed to inform me that I needed summer school but I, "Slipped through the cracks." Not only did this happen to me, but the EXACT SAME SCENARIO happened to my brother. Their students "slip through the cracks" academically. Their teachers refuse to offer you any help unless you need to pass for athletics. My semester that I failed, my teacher told me to come to tutorials with her in the morning. Every morning I sat outside her door until 8:30 when she would arrive and I say, "I was at basketball practice. Just come tomorrow". And repeat and repeat and repeat. THIS SCHOOL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS ACADEMICS AND REALLY COULDN'T CARE LESS IF YOU'RE LEARNING OR NOT. JUST AS LONG AS THEY DO WELL IF FOOTBALL.

Posted October 12, 2011
I am a girl new to the state and the school district, and I'm also a freshman. Coming into this school, I read the reviews on this exact website and saw where parents put how their children had no friends and how Carroll was all about cliques and not welcoming. I have to say I disagree. The first day of school was not bad at all, although I did find lunch awkward but that's just how it always goes no matter where you are. There are always girl cliques and sports cliques, and I don't see how people can't expect that. The academics are definitely challenging for me, but that's a good thing. The teachers, students, and staff are very welcoming and nice. I would suggest joining Power of One, a club, or a sports team for sure just for the fun and the group of great friends you can make. I love Carroll and disagree with half of the responses posted. It's a great district with great people.

Carroll High School 4

Posted July 02, 2011
I am new to the area and I'm going into 8th grade. I'm relived that I'm not going in to high school because of all of the coments. How is Carroll High School for a fairly new GIRL? I'm involved in track, choir, and I take AP classes. I am happy with what I have seen so far of the district.... My family is excited and nervous to move. Please let me know how the school is for girls!

Posted July 30, 2010
CSHS excels on many levels: many active clubs and activities, parental involvement and teachers who care. I had two very different types of students-- one focused and high achieving and one social. Both found friends and classes (many AP's) that challenged and both are going to high ranking universities with scholarships. The school is very competitive, but welcome to the real world-- so is life. Football is big, but is very inclusive, with roles for band, belles, and more-- it brings the community together to support the school. I do think the English program needs improvement. We've loved living here!

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted August 29, 2009
My daughter went to Carroll High and this school is so obessed with the TAKS rating. We had her tested and they found so many gaps in her learning even though her TAKS score is Commended on which she missed only 3. The kids are mean and clicky to the ones who aren't involved in the sports oriented activities. We took her out of Southlake Schools and put her in a Private School so that she can fill in the gaps in her education at Carroll ISD. This school sacrifices real education to teach their kids how to score high on the TAKS test, so it makes the school and the Superintendent look good but not good for the students future. How can my child score a Commended rating on the TAKs and low on a education evaluation test?

Carroll High School
2400 North Carroll Avenue, Southlake, TX  76092
Last modified Carroll High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carroll High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.