Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have had one child go through their 3 years at LTMS, and one just starting 6th grade. I feel that it is a high level learning environment. The teachers try their best to make it challenging and interesting at the same time. The school's facilities are amazing. They are always immaculate. The teachers and staff I have dealt with are always very responsive to my emails, questions and concerns. I am happy that I've had 2 children through this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal and other administrators are highly visible. I have never had issues or know of issues where parents were unhappy with leadership.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Student's have programs available to them to assist in developing these character traits. I believe there is a community that fosters respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I get weekly updates from some teachers regarding tests, projects or quizzes that are coming up. Communication with teacher's is easy.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There are many options for students to have access to homework assignments. Students can access their homework assignments through Schoology or through the teacher's website.

Lake Travis Middle School is a wonderful, inclusive school offering a safe environment for children of all abilities. It challenges the more able learners while giving amazing support to children with learning difficulties. Loads of clubs and sports, no bullying, extremely dedicated teachers and administrative staff.

Looking back at my experience, I probably had 4 good teachers over my 3 years at this school. All they honestly care about is football and the coaches could care less about their teaching. Very few teachers are what I would actually consider "nice" and most have the "I hate my job" attitude. Many of them also play favorites. I felt like I was at jail and was miserable at this school. They spend all of their money on the sports (the 500k jumbotron at the high school) while we are using 12 year old textbooks. This school has gone majorly downhill since several years ago.

Lake Travis Middle School is one of the most unprofessional learning establishments know to man... the ONLY professional adult on LTMS campus is the office secretary Megan Mosley. Numerous employees at LTMS are unfit or mentally unable to do their proper job. In a whole there is only 10 good teachers that could help a child (for example mine 12 year old son) love and learn properly,then there are employes like the administration of the middle school whom focus out numerous children.( after asking other parents if the have had the same problem with the administration too) After Lake Travis failed to win state 'football' title this past year the district began to neglect academics and the arts in order to fund for more "athletic" related expenses this making our children be forced to learn with SEVERELY out dated learning material. The whole LTISD "learning community" in my opinion is just a another faded football school,which are the reasons American is 32 in math, 17 in reading, and overall ranked 20th in education.

An excellent school. Great kids, academics, and athletics. Great community! Lake Travis has grown immensely in the past few years, and the quality of the schools keeps getting better. We moved here in 2001, and could not be more pleased with the elementary, middle and high school. The community rallies behind the school and is very supportive. The school puts most "private" schools in the area to shame. It has many National Merit Scholars (high school, of course), athletes, and musicians. I can't think of a better use of your resources than to move to this area and get involved in the schools. Plus there is great shopping nearby. :-)

We have a character ed program that emphasizes and ties into our mascot the Knight. ARMOR - Accountable, Respectful, Mannerly, Organized and Responsible. We also have a Service program and a Day of Knights. We go out in large numbers to serve the community. Our 700ish students put in 2200+ hours last year.

Last modified Lake Travis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.