Bad
Good

Lake Travis Middle School is a wonderful, inclusive school offering a safe environment for children of all abilities. It challenges the more able learners while giving amazing support to children with learning difficulties. Loads of clubs and sports, no bullying, extremely dedicated teachers and administrative staff.

Looking back at my experience, I probably had 4 good teachers over my 3 years at this school. All they honestly care about is football and the coaches could care less about their teaching. Very few teachers are what I would actually consider "nice" and most have the "I hate my job" attitude. Many of them also play favorites. I felt like I was at jail and was miserable at this school. They spend all of their money on the sports (the 500k jumbotron at the high school) while we are using 12 year old textbooks. This school has gone majorly downhill since several years ago.

Lake Travis Middle School is one of the most unprofessional learning establishments know to man... the ONLY professional adult on LTMS campus is the office secretary Megan Mosley. Numerous employees at LTMS are unfit or mentally unable to do their proper job. In a whole there is only 10 good teachers that could help a child (for example mine 12 year old son) love and learn properly,then there are employes like the administration of the middle school whom focus out numerous children.( after asking other parents if the have had the same problem with the administration too) After Lake Travis failed to win state 'football' title this past year the district began to neglect academics and the arts in order to fund for more "athletic" related expenses this making our children be forced to learn with SEVERELY out dated learning material. The whole LTISD "learning community" in my opinion is just a another faded football school,which are the reasons American is 32 in math, 17 in reading, and overall ranked 20th in education.

An excellent school. Great kids, academics, and athletics. Great community! Lake Travis has grown immensely in the past few years, and the quality of the schools keeps getting better. We moved here in 2001, and could not be more pleased with the elementary, middle and high school. The community rallies behind the school and is very supportive. The school puts most "private" schools in the area to shame. It has many National Merit Scholars (high school, of course), athletes, and musicians. I can't think of a better use of your resources than to move to this area and get involved in the schools. Plus there is great shopping nearby. :-)

We have a character ed program that emphasizes and ties into our mascot the Knight. ARMOR - Accountable, Respectful, Mannerly, Organized and Responsible. We also have a Service program and a Day of Knights. We go out in large numbers to serve the community. Our 700ish students put in 2200+ hours last year.

Teachers are so dedicated, they have a lot of areas parents can volunteer.

I am so happy at LTMS! My child has had an amazing experience!!! Thank you teachers for your dedication! Ms. Meeks, Ms. DuVon, Coach Montgomery, Ms. Weaver....you are simply the best!

Great academics. We need to empower the school leadership to be able to deal with permissive parents.

This is the best middle school I have come into contact with. The teachers are really good and the principal and vice principal are great people also. The school keeps up on technology and also has caring parents.

Last modified Lake Travis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.