Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (3 responses)

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School 3

Posted October 17, 2015
The new principal and assistant principal are working so hard to change the issues at this school. It is shameful that people would judge after they just arrived.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2015
My child has gone here for about a month. There have been 4 or 5 physical fights that have occurred that we personally know about. Who knows how many more have actually occurred? This is not a safe environment. E-mails go mostly unanswered by teachers. The front office staff is as sweet as they come and the counselor is wonderful but I am largely unimpressed with this school thus far.

Posted September 16, 2015
I just found out that the new principal Melissa reichardt was removed from her last school last year. She's calling her Melissa warford to confuse parents. What kind of principal gets removed mid year? And why is she heading the school were my kid attends now? Did spring not check this out or does she have an inside track to get a job here? I'm very disappointed

Posted September 05, 2015
The new principal Mrs. Reichardt is worse than the old one. She's never available when I call and the assistant principal Mrs. Taylor is always in a meeting. Don't send your kids here unless you have absolutely have to, which you don't because the district can transfer your kids upon request. My kids are in the 4th and 3rd and I am going to ask for a transfer immediately. I'm completely dissatisfied with this school.

Posted December 13, 2014
I have taught at this school and it was a horrible experience. Administration is not supportive, pushes tons of work onto the teachers, and has unrealistic expectations. Morale is incredibly low. Turnover is very high each year. Students are passed along whether or not they are meeting grade level expectations. This school should be performing at a much higher level, but the administration is holding it back.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2014
My daughter is in Mrs. Southwell's afternoon Pre-K program and I absolutely love it! My daughter loves school and excited everyday to go there, which makes me happy as well! The front office staff is very pleasant all the time. I've never met the Principal but the Assistant Principal I met at the school sign up day and she seemed great. I was a little nervous after reading reviews before signing her up, and maybe its a little different for Pre-K students but so far I am very happy with the school and Mrs. Southwell for sure!

Posted August 06, 2014
I was a teacher at this school for the 2013-2014 school year. It was the worst year of my life. There is no discipline for the students who consistently act up and this keeps others from learning and it keeps the teacher from doing their job. The administration pretty much does WHATEVER THEY WANT and passes their work off to the teachers. The way the school is run is just sad. The Great Expectations program is made up of eight expectations that students and adults 'live by' and use to make their life better. It's a joke. Everyone hates Rise & Shine in the morning. It's supposed to be motivating for the students, but it's boring. I won't lie. It's not even just this school - as a parent, I would never let my child attend McNabb Elementary NOR any school in Spring ISD. Stay far away.

Posted March 31, 2014
Front office staff and vice principal are extremely unhelpful. Unless you call the district you will wait years to speak to the principal. The school places emphasis on non educational activities such as a morning meeting for the entire school and games in class. This is fine and the kids enjoy it. However it is not ok when the students are so incredibly far behind. My child is in third grade and still has no idea concerning Multiplication. When I was in school over 20 years ago I learned Multiplication in second grade. My child failed the Practice Star Test performed at the school. I asked what would be done if she failed the real one and what was being done to help her. Their answer well it isn't a big deal she will still pass. Meaning they will continue to push her along with her being below grade level and never learning or being able to transfer to any other school with hopes of succeeding. One other comment. Be very careful and trust none of the faculty at this school. They all group together gossip and connive. No parent that cared for their child's success should allow them to attend here.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School 5

Posted October 04, 2013
I have always found the teachers and administration to be very helpful. The school my child goes to doesn't sound anything like most of the comments written on this site. My child is happy to go to school at McNabb. I think it is a great school!

Posted September 15, 2013
My child has attended this school for the past three years. We are moving to another school district. We were lucky to have come across some wonderful teachers, but due to other students behaviors and limitations I do not feel that my child is receivin the education that is due. I would never recommend this school.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School
743 East Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX  77373
Last modified Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.