Posted September 18, 2014
My daughter is in Mrs. Southwell's afternoon Pre-K program and I absolutely love it! My daughter loves school and excited everyday to go there, which makes me happy as well! The front office staff is very pleasant all the time. I've never met the Principal but the Assistant Principal I met at the school sign up day and she seemed great. I was a little nervous after reading reviews before signing her up, and maybe its a little different for Pre-K students but so far I am very happy with the school and Mrs. Southwell for sure!

Posted August 06, 2014
I was a teacher at this school for the 2013-2014 school year. It was the worst year of my life. There is no discipline for the students who consistently act up and this keeps others from learning and it keeps the teacher from doing their job. The administration pretty much does WHATEVER THEY WANT and passes their work off to the teachers. The way the school is run is just sad. The Great Expectations program is made up of eight expectations that students and adults 'live by' and use to make their life better. It's a joke. Everyone hates Rise & Shine in the morning. It's supposed to be motivating for the students, but it's boring. I won't lie. It's not even just this school - as a parent, I would never let my child attend McNabb Elementary NOR any school in Spring ISD. Stay far away.

Posted March 31, 2014
Front office staff and vice principal are extremely unhelpful. Unless you call the district you will wait years to speak to the principal. The school places emphasis on non educational activities such as a morning meeting for the entire school and games in class. This is fine and the kids enjoy it. However it is not ok when the students are so incredibly far behind. My child is in third grade and still has no idea concerning Multiplication. When I was in school over 20 years ago I learned Multiplication in second grade. My child failed the Practice Star Test performed at the school. I asked what would be done if she failed the real one and what was being done to help her. Their answer well it isn't a big deal she will still pass. Meaning they will continue to push her along with her being below grade level and never learning or being able to transfer to any other school with hopes of succeeding. One other comment. Be very careful and trust none of the faculty at this school. They all group together gossip and connive. No parent that cared for their child's success should allow them to attend here.

Posted October 04, 2013
I have always found the teachers and administration to be very helpful. The school my child goes to doesn't sound anything like most of the comments written on this site. My child is happy to go to school at McNabb. I think it is a great school!

Posted September 15, 2013
My child has attended this school for the past three years. We are moving to another school district. We were lucky to have come across some wonderful teachers, but due to other students behaviors and limitations I do not feel that my child is receivin the education that is due. I would never recommend this school.

Posted June 24, 2013
McNabb is a great school filled with teachers and an administration who truly care about what is best for each and every student.

Posted August 27, 2012
Run! If you have to work a second job to stay somewhere else, to keep your child far away from this school I suggest you do it. The teachers and staff are rude and unwelcoming. They are unorganized to say the least. I have been using this site for over a year now and it wasn't until today that I decided to write a review for a school. I have never in all my years heard of a school that does not send homework. This school relies on in class group projects to grade children. To rely on someone else's child to make sure my child gets a passing grade really rubbed me the wrong way. The lunch program is also unsatisfactory. Most schools that I know of offer free lunch for the first week or two while the lunch applications are being processed. Not this one. Can you imagine the bind that would someone in if they truly relied on the lunch program for their child's lunch? Teachers huddle together like giddy children and outright talk about parents. The least you could do is wait until they are no longer in your presence. Heed my warning parents....RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL.

Posted June 07, 2012
Great school in a great area! The school is run well and the teachers are very caring.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2012
Parents are not welcome at this school. The best interest of the kids is not the driving factor in the decision making at McNabb. The teachers are good, but the administration is holding them back.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2010
Parents cannot be really involved as much as they need or want to. new policies that nobody knows.

Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School
743 East Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX  77373
Last modified Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ginger Mcnabb Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top