Kreinhop Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 850 students

Posted July 23, 2014

What a phenomenal school and staff Kreinhop has. The concern and care that my son has received from this school has been out of this world. The entire staff is sincerely committed and devoted to their job. "They love what they do" and it surely shows.

Posted July 8, 2014

Amazing principal; wonderful teachers and staff. I have had kids at Kreinhop for the past 9 years and have been extremely pleased with the quality of their education. The complete devotion and commitment the principal shows to all of the kids is inspiring!

Posted July 8, 2014

This school provides a great environment for learning. The communication from my children s teachers has always been excellent. Everyone seems to really care about the education of the children. The warm greeting the principal gives the kids as they enter the school each morning puts a smile on their faces. Any questions I ve had have always been addressed promptly and they have made me feel like they are a true partner in my child s education.

Posted June 5, 2014

my daughter attended K and 1st grade. kindergarten was just ok due to her teacher. she didn't try to help students. I emailed her and she so call didn't receive any of my emails. I had to contact counselor to get to teacher. smh and she sent home a mark for every little thing. she almost had me thinking my child was behind in reading which was far from the truth! 1st grade was great. the teacher was hands on and very into the students. my child went from getting petty marks everday in kindergarten to all E's in 1st grade. not to mention reading perfectly! that really made me wonder about her K teacher. overall the school is good. of course every teacher will not be great. we moved so that is the only reason my child will not be attending anymore. I see alot of comments on principal but my experience with her was good. always smiling and friendly.

Posted January 21, 2014

My son attended here for 3 yrs. During this time, our family went through some fairly hefty life changes that included a critically sick baby being born that took up much of our time. As parents, we weren t able to be as involved as we would like to be 1 yr. For a child to do well in this school, a parent needs to be their child's advocated ALL THE TIME-EVERY WEEK. It shouldn t have to be that way. I personally found the principal to be lazy and hid behind Central Office far too many times. The last year we were there, my child was bullied/harassed by a teacher. This teacher made snide comments on every paper I saw and began to arbitrarily mark him off due to poor handwriting. Never did she offer help or solutions. We tried to make appts to see her, but she was never available. Over the summer he was tested privately and has 2 learning disabilities with one involving a neurological problem with his handwriting skills. He is a textbook case. A teacher should have been educated about learning disabilities instead of making a child feel small and insignificant. Shame on Kreinhop. Now in private school, we're beyond poor but he is excelling. He finally likes learning.

Posted December 17, 2013

I have had 5 of my 7 children come through this school. My youngest is in 3rd now. I have no idea where these other reviews came from. The teachers have been great for all o my kids. The principal listened to us in the 2 meetings we've had with her. She is professional and has common sense. The teachers communicate through email and phone calls if there is ever an issue. It seems that some of the other parents that rated this school had a chip ion their shoulder about something. Come visit for yourself and talk with these teachers and administrators yourself.

Posted September 26, 2013

I read the reviews and saw that the latest review was a decent one and thought maybe we would not be one of the ones with a bad experience. However, here it is, one month into the school year and my child's teacher is awful. When we moved here, I was really hoping we would get into a good school, but...all the teacher wants to do is complain and offer no help or solutions. And as far as the other reviews about the principal...she is so fake. She says one thing to your face and then does something completely different. We are stuck here until next year. Looks like we will be looking into local private schools in the area.

Posted August 26, 2013

This is our third year at Kreinhop. We have had one teacher that had a problem with my child everyday it seemed. Everything seemed to straighten out when he learned the rules and how to control himself. The teacher was a real trooper and even though I worried every time the phone rang it was good that we got it out of the way. The second year we started out shakey however he straightened right out once he !realized the teacher and I called each other and were a team. I am looking forward to this third year with the wolfpack. The principal seems to keep things up beat and fun and encourages participants to step forward and volunteer. I love this school! A mom

Posted July 19, 2013

In the 4 years my children attended this horrible school, we only had one decent teacher. The teachers here are judgmental, arrogant and treat you like they are so much better than you and your family. And that's the good part of the school. The administration is awful. A.W.F.U.L. There was an amazing principal there the first year we were there but then we got a new one and she's terrible. But at least we had an amazing asst. principal we could turn to but then she left - probably because of the new principal (who would blame her?). We are going to pay for private school this next year and then try again in public school the following year for junior high. Dear God please let it be better than our time at Kreinhop. It honestly couldn't get much worse.

Posted April 9, 2013

The principal at this school is pretty much an enormous paper weight. Actually, a paper weight is more useful. The teachers run all over this principal and there is NO common sense utilized ever.

Posted April 8, 2013

Kreinhop is perhaps the worst school in the United States, dare I say the WORLD. The people in the front office are usually about as sweet and sincere as most people. The teachers are sub-par at best. We have had ONE decent teacher the entire time we have been here. Otherwise, it has been one bad teacher after the other. But the absolute worst part of this school is its leadership - the principal. This woman is useless and ineffectual. We have had to actually keep our child out of school due to TEACHERS being bullies. That is ridiculous. If you are looking for a common sense approach to problem solving and decision making, just keep going. Don't waste your time with this school. I wish we hadn't. We are seriously contemplating moving to get away from this entire district. The central office is just as ineffectual and lacking of common sense as much as the principal and in many ways even worse. Shame on this school and district.

Posted January 8, 2013

This is our first year at Kreinhop due to rezoning in the school district. The teachers, principal and staff have been wonderful helping the new kids from my neighborhood get settled in. We love the Wolfpack and feel right at home!

Posted October 18, 2012

Kreinhop Ele. is one of the best schools in Klein ISD! The teachers care, the children love coming to school, and the parent involvement is overwhelming! You always see teachers tutoring kids, working with kids in small groups, using positive and encouraging words, and the excitement is contagious! Go Wolfpack!

Posted September 26, 2012

We have been with Kreinhop since 2007. The new principal is awesome, always cheerful, and consistently involved in the school activities. She interacts with the students and parents and is very easy to talk to. We haven't had problems with any of the teachers, and I find they are always very willing and able to communicate with parents. I especially appreciate how the students' lunch/recess time has been increased, allowing them to decompress and socialize with their friends. Go Wolfpack!

Posted September 20, 2012

Kreinhop Elementary ~ I have been with you for 12 years and it has been a wonderful friendship. The staff at the school is so very wonderful. We have made lots of great friends along the way. The teachers my two children have had in the past have put so much time into their life. We have had such a wonderful 12 years and this will be our last year. I will always have a special place for your all. You are one of the reason my children have advanced in life. THANK YOU KREINHOP TEACHERS and STAFF. :) Im one lucky parent to have yall in our life. :)

Posted August 15, 2011

if you want teacher feedback about your child its like pulling teeth. asked for help with math for my son and they told me i had to pay for tutoring cause they didn't do tutoring. this will be my last year with this school. they don't seem to want to help find solutions to help with my son. and since he is not mentally challenged they refused to help him in the subjects he does poorly in. i believe that the teachers give up with him.

Posted June 20, 2010

Horrible Leadership (Principal needs to be replaced).... I'm moving accross town to get away from this school. Teacher seemed to care most of the time. However, I think she had to many kids to contend to...

Posted June 4, 2008

The staff is eager to help the students excell. Very helpfull with parents being interactive. Great School Dist.

Posted January 30, 2008

This is the 4th year that my daughter has attended to this school, i am so happy with all the teachers she has had and the one she has now; she will be going to schindewolf intermediate school next year, and we sure will miss this school; to us kreinhop is a very good school.

Posted August 25, 2006

I have 2 children attending Kreinhop. Overall I consider it to be an excellent school. Most of the teachers, counselors and other staff have been very helpful in managing my children's education. They were very helpful in continuing her speech therapy, after school tutoring for TAKS Prep, and testing her for learning disabilities. My only concern is the lack of opportunities for borderline students to attend summer school. I have a child that barely passed the TAKS & her classes. While I was ecstatic that she passed, I wanted her attend summer school (which I was willing to pay for) to try and ensure her grasp of the 4th level material. I was told that she basically could not attend unless she failed the TAKS or Math or Reading.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

139 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

147 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

139 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

147 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

128 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

156 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

156 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

152 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students88%

Limited English proficient (LEP)75%
Proficient in English88%
Non-migrant87%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

135 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

135 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

136 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students83%

Non-migrant81%
Non-Gifted80%
Bilingual44%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 6% 4%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 5%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

21010 Ella Boulevard