PK-4|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our school opened its doors in February 1984. We are the first Montessori school that started serving the young citizens in our community, and we are very greatful to our community of parents who have believed in us, and supported our efforts to provide the best education and care for their children. We have grown over the years , where we now are fully accredited to teach through 6th Grade. Our students become well rounded citizens, with Academic, Social and Emotional maturity.
August 21, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (12 responses)

The school will love you if you are of a certain complexion other wise you will be discriminated against and not treated with much dignity.

My son has gone to this school for 9 years. He has been very happy and it helped him in his early formative years. The concepts taught to them at an early age has given him a head start for the future. The staff is great, and Ms. Nilo is WONDERFUL!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are respectful to the students. I've never heard a teacher raise her voice to the children, and it shows in their behavior - they are respected and yelling is not needed. The kids listen because the teachers respect them (and visa versa).

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers convey these qualities, and promote this type of behavior in the children. The children follow the lead of the teachers and helpers, who work together well, and provide a positive environment.

This school has a great plan and framework but they are too packed too many students especially in the lower grades causing the teachers to not be able to focus clearly when there 25 to 30+ kids in one class with one teacher. This is very dangerous, they need to reduce the class sizes or open additional classrooms to provide a better learning environment. The leader is great but her front staff can be very rude except for one nice lady. If these things are cleared up this school will be an excellent place.

This is my daughters first year away from home. When researching and touring schools, I was drawn to Spell Well. I'm a very particular mom and I like things a certain way, but I felt very comfortable with the staff and teachers there. The director Ms. Nilo calmed any of my concerns and always has an open door to discuss, and has said we are welcome anytime. I was very nervous about her starting school, but her experience has been wonderful. Both of her teachers, Ms. Rachelle and Ms. Andrea are awesome and so patient. She is learning so much and the montessori curriculum is really fostering her independence. The school has a PEACE curriculum so they are taught to get along and help solve their own problems. I cannot say enough good things about this school and cannot wait for our younger child to attend when she becomes of age.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have seen my son learn so much since his current teacher arrived at the school last year. I think he was a bit behind, but definitely not anymore. I believe the teacher has been patient with him and done a great job of helping him, but also letting him gain more confidence to learn on his own.

Amount of homework: Agree

I really appreciate that homework is given out on Fridays and students have until the following Friday to turn it in. I also think the amount of homework is very appropriate for the class size, meaning that the class is small therefore students should be able to get more work done in class, which seems to be the case, and that homework seems to be supportive of what is happening in the class, meaning review and practice work instead of students being sent home work that they are unfamiliar with. I think the mix of reading and math and spelling is perfect.

The school has always been responsive to concerns, has a well rounded curriculum, and I feel like my child is safe there and his education is very important to the teachers and administration.

I am a teacher and I do admire the wonderful job Ms. Riaz does with her class. She is teaching my son to be caring, compassionate and respectful in a multicultural world!

Last modified Spell Well Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4