Posted March 22, 2015
I am a Grandparent of a Northwoods Catholic School student and a recent retired public school teacher. I am extremely impressed with the education provided by NCS and it's much more advanced than that of public schools. The other, and most impressive to me, is their "Integral Formation". No other Catholic school provides such a comprehensive approach to educating the whole person. I have also been impressed with the way Northwoods Catholic School has been able to support itself. Knowing that it is one of only two private pre-k thru 8th grade schools, in the Houston area, I can only imagine the financial difficulties that could arise. Parish schools receive funding from their Parish and the Archdiocese while a totally private Catholic schools must depend on parents, family, businesses, etc. God's Blessings to you Northwoods Catholic School. I'm impressed with your academics, methods and total formation. Thank you.

Northwoods Catholic School 3

Posted March 06, 2015
Average Catholic school, similar to others in the area. Better than some, not as good as others. Academics aren't as high as public school but we like the smaller environment and we supplement academics outside school to make up the difference. Convenient location. Teachers have been caring and dedicated. Administration is questionable. Getting a good principal would be a step in the right direction.

Posted February 23, 2015
This is our second year at Northwoods and we are so pleased with the education and faith formation that our children have received there. The class sizes are small and the teachers and staff make the effort to get to know each child individually. My children have grown in faith and often have theological conversations amongst themselves. Some grown ups cannot do that! The school could use more technology in terms of computers, but the education we have received is on par with other schools in the area. Highly recommend!

Posted February 11, 2015
Northwoods Catholic School is absolutely excellent. It helps the children to make good choices now and later in life. Most of our graduates are able to attend the private and public high schools of their choice. We had one student make a perfect score on the SAT test (that attests to our academics). Other students have told counselors of high schools just how much Northwoods has helped them exceed and achieve. We have a former student who will attend Yale in the Fall of 2015. Our school is above excellent

Northwoods Catholic School 3

Posted February 11, 2015
We've been at this school for over 5 years. At one time, the school was excellent with advanced curriculum and small classes. The curriculum is probably still the same but the classes are large now and the new administration is unorganized and ineffective. Textbooks are outdated, there is no technology curriculum and the only extracurriculars left are a few sports. We can't justify paying such high tuition anymore when there are less expensive Catholic schools in the area with more to offer.

Northwoods Catholic School 1

Posted December 17, 2014
After pulling my children from the school I have discovered that the education is not even on level with that of the local school district, Klein. Eight thousand dollars a year for an education that is not even equal to the local public school is absolutely unacceptable in my book.

Posted October 01, 2014
We moved from Illinois to Texas. A huge transition. We chose Northwoods Catholic School for the private, catholic education. We made a great decision! Our son is learning at a very good pace. There is constant growth weekly in all academic subjects. He is happy and cheerful. He has friends in the small classes and in the greater school community. There are events that parents are very involved with. You can also speak directly to any teacher or the Head of School, due to a small school community and easy access to these very important school leaders and educators. We are extremely happy and content that we made the choice to put our son in this school. He is very well behaved because of the school as well. He speaks to us about "making good choices" in life.

Posted August 10, 2014
We moved to Texas a year ago. Norhtwoods is a wonderful school that mentors the whole child. The educational and spiritual environment is amazing. My child thrived in this environment and flourished. The bonds that were made with the staff and students was wonderful. The trip to Rome was very spiritual and a bonding experience that will never be forgotten. This is the most positive school environment and community we have ever encountered. Your child will be blessed to attend Northwoods.

Posted June 17, 2014
When we moved to The Woodlands four months ago, after touring Northwoods, I fell in love. Something was different about this school. For our family, we want the best education for our children and most importantly we want them to grow spiritually. Northwoods offers it all. My gifted daughter who was bored at previous schools began to thrive in her classroom. Her teacher challenged her and I saw her love for learning come back. I can not even begin to explain the transformation in her heart spiritually. Northwoods is unique and special because we have never seen a school be able to meet the spiritual needs of our kids and our family like they do. My children get one on one attention from the Priest, Brothers and Consecrated women. One of the brothers played soccer with my son's second grade class at recess and as he plays with him, he talks to them and instills different virtues and values in their heart. As you can see from this website, Northwoods is not perfect. But if you are looking for a school that develops the whole child and most importantly your child spiritually, Northwoods is the place for your child.

Posted May 21, 2014
It has been a true blessing to have found Northwoods, a school with a nurturing and caring environment, without having to compromise academics. The pilgrimage of the 8th grade graduating class to the Vatican this year is a perfect example of how Northwoods is able to create a positive integration of education, religion and friendship; with prior in depth research on Rome and the Vatican; guided visits by the Legionaries to numerous holy sites accompanied by daily Mass including the Canonizations; and an opportunity to further develop their friendships; it was an experience of a lifetime. Great job Northwoods for the tireless work!

Northwoods Catholic School
5500 FM 2920, Spring, TX  77388
Last modified Northwoods Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Northwoods Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top