Posted August 10, 2014
We moved to Texas a year ago. Norhtwoods is a wonderful school that mentors the whole child. The educational and spiritual environment is amazing. My child thrived in this environment and flourished. The bonds that were made with the staff and students was wonderful. The trip to Rome was very spiritual and a bonding experience that will never be forgotten. This is the most positive school environment and community we have ever encountered. Your child will be blessed to attend Northwoods.

Posted June 17, 2014
When we moved to The Woodlands four months ago, after touring Northwoods, I fell in love. Something was different about this school. For our family, we want the best education for our children and most importantly we want them to grow spiritually. Northwoods offers it all. My gifted daughter who was bored at previous schools began to thrive in her classroom. Her teacher challenged her and I saw her love for learning come back. I can not even begin to explain the transformation in her heart spiritually. Northwoods is unique and special because we have never seen a school be able to meet the spiritual needs of our kids and our family like they do. My children get one on one attention from the Priest, Brothers and Consecrated women. One of the brothers played soccer with my son's second grade class at recess and as he plays with him, he talks to them and instills different virtues and values in their heart. As you can see from this website, Northwoods is not perfect. But if you are looking for a school that develops the whole child and most importantly your child spiritually, Northwoods is the place for your child.

Posted May 21, 2014
It has been a true blessing to have found Northwoods, a school with a nurturing and caring environment, without having to compromise academics. The pilgrimage of the 8th grade graduating class to the Vatican this year is a perfect example of how Northwoods is able to create a positive integration of education, religion and friendship; with prior in depth research on Rome and the Vatican; guided visits by the Legionaries to numerous holy sites accompanied by daily Mass including the Canonizations; and an opportunity to further develop their friendships; it was an experience of a lifetime. Great job Northwoods for the tireless work!

Northwoods Catholic School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
I really wish I could write a positive review about Northwoods because I wanted my kids to receive their K-8th education here, but after more than 6 years we just can't ignore the schools shortcomings anymore. There is a very high rate of teacher and student turnover. Classes have never been full and enrollment has declined every year we've had our kids enrolled. The music program is awful. The computers are out of date and often times don't work. My kids computer skills have been taught in the home due to little computer time at school. There seems to be a shortage of books in classrooms which I don't understand since our tuition covers books. The other Catholic schools in the area are full and have waiting lists, which is why I can't figure out why Northwoods has never been at capacity. I really wish I could give Northwoods a positive review and I'd love to see the school thrive, but the problems just get worse every year and old issues aren't addressed or fixed. As a parent I can't recommend this school to other parents looking for a Catholic education.

Posted April 17, 2014
Northwoods Catholic School in Spring, TX is a gift! The students and families go through the same situations as any person but they have resources that I never had. They support each other, have the sacraments, and have a great vision to make a difference. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to serve here! We could improve by having a gym that could give allow students to exercise on rainy or hot days.

Posted April 11, 2014
My children are new to Northwoods for the 2013-2014 school year. Pre-K4 and 4th grade. I'm pleased with the preschool experience and the grade level experience. i have to say, I did not know what was different about Northwoods when we signed up. I mainly wanted to make a change from public school, even though our public school was a Klein "exemplary" school. I am not an overly religious/catholic parent either. So, this is what I've learned: my kids have become quite the students with the challenging curriculum. My kids, who have always been well behaved and polite, have become more caring and giving. They have also become more aware of their faith and often pray together without parental prompting. This school has proven itself to be just what we were looking for - safe and academically challenging to name the top 2 reasons why we drive 30 minutes each way to school and pay the tuition. If parents want/need more out of this school, I would suggest donated their time, talent and treasure - I have found that by contributing with these things, I've grown as a parent. I am very pleased and happy to be part of this community.

Posted March 17, 2014
This is my second post and will address several items that've been brought up. I've found the teachers to be first-rate although I know there's been some friction between specific parents and specific teachers - you'll find this anywhere and in any school - Catholic or public. There's a push for donations and I don't like them either. NCS could either: get large amounts of money from the parents at the beginning of term and not ask for donations OR charge tuition that doesn't quite cover operational costs and fundraise during the year. Bottom line: NCS' tuition is not off par relative to other Catholic schools in the area. Yes, there may be some cliquish-ness. Again, you'll see this in any school - parochial or public. Our kids are welcome in just about every group of kids in NCS. Administration will obviously be more attentive to wealthier (donate more) than families that don't - since so much of the school's budget requires donation - this is to be expected. Extended care is expensive and I wish NCS hadn't changed their old program for a 3rd-party without telling us first. Upshot: my kids get a great education and NCS doesn't walk on water - but again, no Catholic school will.

Posted February 12, 2014
These past 3 years at Northwoods have been a blessing for my family. From the time we walked through the doors we felt that this is where we wanted our kids.The teachers are very helpful and dedicated. The small class size was a plus. I'd say Northwoods is a good combination of religion and academics.

Posted February 08, 2014
Working at Northwoods has been wonderful. Great families and kids full of talent. The staff and teachers do their best to create a challenging and nurturing environment for the students. So nice to see parent involvement. Thanks, Northwoods!

Northwoods Catholic School 2

Posted January 20, 2014
The curriculum taught did seem to be above public schools in the area, but the teachers did not seem to be. I observed a teacher reading a story about the Garden of Gesthemene and she looked like she had never seen/heard that word before. I did see a few seemingly good teachers, but in different grade levels. There is A LOT of pressure to donate all the time. There is even a huge banner at the front showing how much has been raised. The cost is much higher than other Catholic schools in the area. If your kids need daycare after the regular day, you are looking at at least $1200/month per child including the tuition. It is also very 'cliquish,' even among the adults. Over 1/3 of the kids enrolled last year did not re-enroll and I can't help but think cost is a big factor. Altar servers at the school are boys only even though girls are allowed to serve in the church. A lot of the reviews on this site can be attributed to parents who actually work at the school. You can tell because they are almost word for word the same as the marketing on the site. My son is now in a different Catholic school with a great curriculum that seems to teach Catholic, rather than monetary values.

Northwoods Catholic School
5500 FM 2920, Spring, TX  77388
Last modified Northwoods Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Northwoods Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.