Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 22, 2016
Metzler is a great school with caring teachers who strive to make a difference. Since Ms. Combs took over as principal it has only gotten better. My daughter attended kinder and 1st here and both her teachers were fantastic. We moved out of Texas 18 mos ago but are now moving back and I am specifically looking for a home that is zoned to Metzler so my daughter can return there for 3rd grade and finish her elementary years as a Husky. I highly recommend Metzler!

Metzler Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2016
Our child is in the fourth grade and we have been super happy with Metzler every year. We absolutely love her Math/Science teacher Mrs. Reidy. Our daughter absolutely loves going to school everyday just so she can be in Mrs. Reidy's class. She truly loves her students and even tells them frequently. We are not however as happy with the ELA teacher that our daughter has. All she worries about is the STAAR test and even told the class that if they didn't do good on the test,it would be their fault if she (the teacher) got in trouble. We also know that other parents are extremely unhappy with this ELA teacher as well. We are so thankful that half of her day can be good with Mrs. Reidy. Other than the horrible ELA teacher (Mrs. Chan) we are beyond thrilled with Metzler.

Metzler Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 03, 2016
Mrs Taylor and Mrs Havemann have been amazing! My son adores them both. They are both very kind and wonderful teachers!

Posted April 03, 2016
We just love Metzler! My son is almost finished with his second year there (he's in 1st grade) and both of his teachers have been AMAZING! We are selling our house but staying in the same area just so he can stay at Metzler. I highly recommend Metzler!

Metzler Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2015
I have a 1st grader and kindergartener at Metzler. My children have blossomed and love Their teachers. We did have a bullying incident with my kinder which I quickly went to the teacher about and it was taken care of immediately without further problems. The school is always clean and the principal and asst are always visible and willing to chat w the parents. I also see them both giving out hugs to any kid who comes up to them and wants one;) The reason I gave a 4 star is bc of the un-friendliness of the front office staff and the person answering phones...sometimes not too personable. Also communication is not always great...I have missed 2 awards programs bc they were on the wrong date on the calendar :(

Posted February 03, 2015
We moved in April 2014 from out of state and couldn't be more pleased with Metzler. The teachers my children had and currently have are warm, caring, friendly and truly want all of the children to succeed. The principal and assistant principal know children and parents by name, are seen at drop off, pick up and even go on field trips if needed. They are approachable, open and very involved. There are many activities and clubs from art to music and even sports taught on site. The PTO is very active and friendly. There are many opportunities to get involved regardless of the amount of time you have to spare. Metzler is also very diverse, which was important to us. Go Huskies!

Posted January 29, 2015
We have attended Metzler for several years. During this time we had a change in administration. I love the path the school is now on. The students, teachers, and staff all seem to be blossoming into a top notch team. That's a main theme at Metzler. Team work! The kids are learning to work together and have pride in their school. The PTO is a friendly group with great heart and they are very much a part of the team. The school has alot of clubs to choose from and great teachers leading them. The school also is partnered with an after school child care program. My kids have had great experiences at Metzler and so have I. We have a few more years to go and I'm sure they will be positive.

Posted January 29, 2015
We love our school! There are so many kind and caring teachers who truly help your child achieve their very best. There are so many clubs to join; it makes it hard to choose and they run from sports, to music, to book clubs and everything in between. The principals, staff and student body are top notch!

Metzler Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2015
I should have listened to my neighbors who warned me about this school. The "principal" is a nightmare and very unwilling to budge or even talk to concerned parents for that matter. Her "assistant principal" is nothing but a "yes man" who follows her like a puppy. The way this school is run is deplorable. They are running families off left and right. I can only imagine what it's doing to the teachers!

Posted December 05, 2014
Metzler Elementary is a top notch Elementary school in the far northern part or Klein ISD. Visitors comment all of the time about the warmth they feel from the school whenever they enter the building. The students love coming to school, and the teachers are loving and caring towards the students. The reason I chose this school for my family is because of its diversity. Yes, there are beautiful high end subdivisions in this area, but the diversity provides students opportunities that broaden their horizons, and I like that for my child. I don't want my children to live in a bubble. I want them to experience all groups of people, and Metzler Elementary allows for that. Even with the diversity, the expectations for all students is strong. The teachers expect every child to succeed and provide before and after school daycare and tutoring, book clubs, interest clubs, fine arts clubs, tennis clubs, piano lessons, etc. so that every child is provided with an opportunity to excel in life. I could have chosen any school in the Houston area for my child to attend. I chose Metzler. I'm so glad I did.

Metzler Elementary School
8500 West Rayford Road, Spring, TX  77389
Last modified Metzler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.