Spring, TX

Posted February 03, 2015
We moved in April 2014 from out of state and couldn't be more pleased with Metzler. The teachers my children had and currently have are warm, caring, friendly and truly want all of the children to succeed. The principal and assistant principal know children and parents by name, are seen at drop off, pick up and even go on field trips if needed. They are approachable, open and very involved. There are many activities and clubs from art to music and even sports taught on site. The PTO is very active and friendly. There are many opportunities to get involved regardless of the amount of time you have to spare. Metzler is also very diverse, which was important to us. Go Huskies!

Posted January 29, 2015
We have attended Metzler for several years. During this time we had a change in administration. I love the path the school is now on. The students, teachers, and staff all seem to be blossoming into a top notch team. That's a main theme at Metzler. Team work! The kids are learning to work together and have pride in their school. The PTO is a friendly group with great heart and they are very much a part of the team. The school has alot of clubs to choose from and great teachers leading them. The school also is partnered with an after school child care program. My kids have had great experiences at Metzler and so have I. We have a few more years to go and I'm sure they will be positive.

Posted January 29, 2015
We love our school! There are so many kind and caring teachers who truly help your child achieve their very best. There are so many clubs to join; it makes it hard to choose and they run from sports, to music, to book clubs and everything in between. The principals, staff and student body are top notch!

Metzler Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2015
I should have listened to my neighbors who warned me about this school. The "principal" is a nightmare and very unwilling to budge or even talk to concerned parents for that matter. Her "assistant principal" is nothing but a "yes man" who follows her like a puppy. The way this school is run is deplorable. They are running families off left and right. I can only imagine what it's doing to the teachers!

Posted December 05, 2014
Metzler Elementary is a top notch Elementary school in the far northern part or Klein ISD. Visitors comment all of the time about the warmth they feel from the school whenever they enter the building. The students love coming to school, and the teachers are loving and caring towards the students. The reason I chose this school for my family is because of its diversity. Yes, there are beautiful high end subdivisions in this area, but the diversity provides students opportunities that broaden their horizons, and I like that for my child. I don't want my children to live in a bubble. I want them to experience all groups of people, and Metzler Elementary allows for that. Even with the diversity, the expectations for all students is strong. The teachers expect every child to succeed and provide before and after school daycare and tutoring, book clubs, interest clubs, fine arts clubs, tennis clubs, piano lessons, etc. so that every child is provided with an opportunity to excel in life. I could have chosen any school in the Houston area for my child to attend. I chose Metzler. I'm so glad I did.

Posted December 05, 2014
We currently have a student at Metzler and her experience has been fantastic. The academics are intense, but what a good way to start and prepare for high expectations in the future. The staff is approachable and warm, which is rare in education. The building itself is light and bright and there are always activities to join. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted December 04, 2014
We have had a child at Metzler for the past 5 years and couldn't be happier! The principals are first class, very approachable, unbelievably patient with the children and extremely focused on their education, development and safety. The strong parent involvement at Metzler is indicative of the support from the administration and teaching staff. My husband and I feel that our children are getting an A+ education with the teachers at Metzler and highly recommend the school!

Posted June 17, 2014
Metzler is a wonderful school. The principals are terrific and very accessible and attentive to parents and propsective parents. My children are amazingly happy. The PTO is first class and does an amazing job supporting students and teachers and fostering school spirit. I cannot imagine sending my kids anywhere else.

Posted February 26, 2014
Metzler has had some growing pains but with the new principal and assistant principal as well as the amazing teachers I just have to disagree with the negative comments on here. The school events are a pain to check in with the office and the lines but ultimately it is to protect our kids and I am 100% grateful for that. The school is clean, my children are challenged academically, and the teachers send newsletter emails that keeps me on top of all they are doing. I also feel that the PTO is awesome. The staff and parents work together to do some really neat activities for the kids. I moved into our new house specifically to stay in this school and refused to leave because the same zone has Hildebrandt and Klein Oak all which are amazing schools with lots of community involvement.

Posted September 12, 2013
My son and now my daughter attended Metzler since it opened. Love the school and the teachers. This school looks new every day I walk in.

Metzler Elementary School
8500 West Rayford Road, Spring, TX  77389
Last modified Metzler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metzler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top