Spring, TX

Posted December 05, 2014
Metzler Elementary is a top notch Elementary school in the far northern part or Klein ISD. Visitors comment all of the time about the warmth they feel from the school whenever they enter the building. The students love coming to school, and the teachers are loving and caring towards the students. The reason I chose this school for my family is because of its diversity. Yes, there are beautiful high end subdivisions in this area, but the diversity provides students opportunities that broaden their horizons, and I like that for my child. I don't want my children to live in a bubble. I want them to experience all groups of people, and Metzler Elementary allows for that. Even with the diversity, the expectations for all students is strong. The teachers expect every child to succeed and provide before and after school daycare and tutoring, book clubs, interest clubs, fine arts clubs, tennis clubs, piano lessons, etc. so that every child is provided with an opportunity to excel in life. I could have chosen any school in the Houston area for my child to attend. I chose Metzler. I'm so glad I did.

Posted December 05, 2014
We currently have a student at Metzler and her experience has been fantastic. The academics are intense, but what a good way to start and prepare for high expectations in the future. The staff is approachable and warm, which is rare in education. The building itself is light and bright and there are always activities to join. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted December 04, 2014
We have had a child at Metzler for the past 5 years and couldn't be happier! The principals are first class, very approachable, unbelievably patient with the children and extremely focused on their education, development and safety. The strong parent involvement at Metzler is indicative of the support from the administration and teaching staff. My husband and I feel that our children are getting an A+ education with the teachers at Metzler and highly recommend the school!

Posted June 17, 2014
Metzler is a wonderful school. The principals are terrific and very accessible and attentive to parents and propsective parents. My children are amazingly happy. The PTO is first class and does an amazing job supporting students and teachers and fostering school spirit. I cannot imagine sending my kids anywhere else.

Posted February 26, 2014
Metzler has had some growing pains but with the new principal and assistant principal as well as the amazing teachers I just have to disagree with the negative comments on here. The school events are a pain to check in with the office and the lines but ultimately it is to protect our kids and I am 100% grateful for that. The school is clean, my children are challenged academically, and the teachers send newsletter emails that keeps me on top of all they are doing. I also feel that the PTO is awesome. The staff and parents work together to do some really neat activities for the kids. I moved into our new house specifically to stay in this school and refused to leave because the same zone has Hildebrandt and Klein Oak all which are amazing schools with lots of community involvement.

Posted September 12, 2013
My son and now my daughter attended Metzler since it opened. Love the school and the teachers. This school looks new every day I walk in.

Metzler Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2013
My child attended Kindergarten at Metzler last year. The class size was way too large (28-30 children) until right before Christmas. There did not seem to be consistency throughout the Kindergarten classrooms. The teacher my child had not only never worked with my child one-on-one, but she was not held accountable to work with my child because no one was checking. I think a change needs to be made, not only with the teachers, but also with the administration. The school has already dropped from a score of 9 on greatschools.com to a score of 7, within the past year. We have recently moved because we are very disappointed and will not be returning to Metzler.

Posted September 11, 2013
kids love it had no issues with school,. Teachers are good. I have another going in a couple of years.

Metzler Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2012
We attended Metzler for several years. We will not be returning. The school has definitely declined. The school has serious bullying problems (from students as well as some teachers) that are not being adequately addressed. I would not talk to my dog the way some of those teachers talk to their students. I know several people who have left the school over the past couple of years due to this problem/issue. Academically I was not very impressed with this school either. Communication at the school is terrible. I didn't even know when my child was having tests. There are numerous problems at this school that thus far have not been addressed. I hope for the kids that still attend that school that they get it together, but I am not optimistic. I would encourage anyone who has children that attend Metzler that you listen to your kids and ask them about your day. If you hear anything that doesn't sound right I would notify the administration AS WELL AS the superintendant as soon as possible.

Metzler Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2012
My son attended only 1 year of school at Metzler (kindy) & then we moved to another area of town &, thus, a new school, so my review of Metzler is limited to just that 1 year experience, but, I can say that I have mixed feelings about this school. Academically, Metzler is strong, but also a little "intense" with it's students. I was shocked at how much homework my kindergartener had & compared to his new school (in the same district) the difference was huge (tons daily vs. almost none daily!). His grades remained high and he didn't seem to suffer acaemically for the difference in volume of homework. Additionally, I didn't find Metzler to be very welcoming to parents in general. Anytime we came to special events at Metzler it just felt almost a little intimidating to have to deal with the front office as they were not friendly & sometimes acted almost annoyed w/ those checking in. Lastly, my son's grades had been fine all year, no probs noted on progress reports, etc., and then WHAMMO, his last report card comes & he had a low grade in math! I had to chase down his teacher to get an explanation as to why & never got a satisfactory answer. Disappointing experience, in general.

Metzler Elementary School
8500 West Rayford Road, Spring, TX  77389
Last modified Metzler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metzler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top