Krimmel Intermed

Public | 6-8 | 1139 students

Posted August 5, 2014

I been at krimmel since tha sixth grade and ima bout to go to the 8th grade. The laptops we get are worth paying for but sometimes they get annoying. I would rather have laptops then books doe. Krimmel is a pretty good school and there was never no bullying I don't know what those reviews are talkin bout. I recommend sendin your kid to krimmel but make sure he cute and gotta shoe game and style ;)

Posted July 21, 2013

I'm a seventh grader at Krimmel. The laptops slow us down before tests, but overall it shouldn't bother students too much. Here, we get to make movies - a way to be creative, learn, and use technology unlike any other middle school in Klein. When I made the math team, the teachers didn't prepare us for the district competition and Doerre knocked us out. However, I definitely recommend Krimmel. The teachers do care.

Posted May 27, 2011

i transferred to this school from Louisiana. krimmel is the best school you will ever attend. The teachers are the best and I love the computers that they give us. it is coooooooooool!!!!!!! you dont carry around the books just the laptop.. this is a good school. the teachers care and want you to exceed.there are lots of curriculums for sports and the choir and other programs. Go Knights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 2, 2010

We moved from another state and thought this would be a good school by the high ratings. Highlights of con: too expensive to enroll child, overcrowded and bullies!

Posted March 15, 2010

im in 7th gradeat krimmel and i think its an awesome school the laptops are kinda stupid but we have the best lunches noschool os better than krimmel intermediate Go Knights!

Posted February 16, 2010

This is my first year at Krimmel Intermediate and I love it! I mean, sometimes some of the teachers are really mean, But most of them are really cool and nice. My Faveriote teachers are Mr. T, aka Mr. Thorton, Ms. Berkes, Ms. Dillion, and Ms. Walsh. Even thought there are alot of fights here, there are alot of fights at other schools too. So I think anyone should send there child here!!

Posted February 7, 2010

I love this school! Currently, I am an eighth grader at Krimmel and I love it! The teachers are amazing and really challenge you to get involved. If your child is going into eighth grade, try to get them to have Mrs. Van Fleet for their science teacher! I love her and have her as my Pre-Ap science teacher. She challenges me so much, but really gets the entire class involved with friendly competition. The extra-curricular activities are awesome, because there are so many. I'm in theatre and love it! Mrs. Chesser rocks and so does Mr. T! (aka Mr. Thorton)! :D Ms. Smith is the most challenging English teacher I've ever had, because she really makes you think about everything. Anyway, all though some of the students I go to school with don't like the HP Tablet PCs we are issued, they don't realize how great they are!

Posted January 27, 2010

This school is average. I am currently a 7th grader here and I'm satisfied. It's not the best school I have ever been too, but it is certainly not the worst. There are advantages and disadvantages. Labtops can get annoying but are helpful somtimes. Some teachers are great and some are not. I am in Chamber Orchestra and my instructor cares and loves us. Sometimes, there are fights at this school, but that is just because some students think they are cool, but they aren't. The location of this school is bad and good. There are some good neighborhoods that go here and some that aren't so great. I can assure you that if you are considering to let your child go to Krimmel, your child won't love it but won't hate it. It's an average school that has some flaws just like every other.

Posted December 6, 2009

I love it and so does my 5th grader all schools should have it. It prepares them for the real world.

Posted March 27, 2009

Okay i know most of you who write trashy reports about our school are parents. I dont know why you even say bad stuff about our school the teachers are great and so is everything else. The parents dont even come here so how do you even know. This is my first year at Krimmel and I alreay love it. Here are my favorite teachers ; Ms.Wilbourn Ms.Smith Ms. Burkes Ms.Crow and Mr.T aka Mr.Thornton THeater arts

Posted March 20, 2009

My daughter loves this school! The teachers care, It is just the 'red tape' district theory on how to go about it. My daughter is happy so I am!

Posted March 20, 2009

This is just below average school and that about sums it up

Posted March 17, 2009

this school is ridiculous, I went here last year and it was the worst school I ever went to. There were a lot of fight between different races and it causes a lot of problems. The teachers here are OK but some don't want to learn and so nothing all day. The school is unorganized and when I had a detention or ISS I skipped and no one ever noticed. Going to this school won't move you forward in life at all. Don't go here!

Posted February 14, 2009

Yeah, most people that write reviews on here are parents, which means you have no idea what Krimmel is like. So please don't trash it. You can't say much about the school based on teachers either. I had an OK teacher in 7th grade and my grades were slightly above average, In 8th grade i have a much better one, and i'm getting awesome grades. Which means it is the teaching style. It's not that the teachers don't care, it's that the students make the teachers not care. Most kids are loud, and they don't worry about grades. So next time you think, 'Maybe it's just my child's teacher that doesn't care' think twice and say 'Maybe my child just doesn't care.' Krimmel's great and the laptops don't really slow things down. They're a really good tool for research. Oh, and some of the people under me should really learn how to spell. It's a wonder you got the guts to say something bad about this. :P

Posted January 15, 2009

This is my sons school and i think teachers are great at teaching its the students that dont try hard enough.Teachers are there to make students learn not baby sit them.You go krimmel.

Posted November 26, 2008

This is my school, and I go to this school. Parents are saying this is a bad school, they don't know what they're talking about! You look around, you see the students having fun with the projects they may be doing, and also being able to spend time with friends. Sometimes school is the only time that kids actually enjoy their life. Sure, there may not be good extra-curricular activities, but that's because nobody is trying to make one! At the beginning of the year, they had said something about being able to have a club if you got enough people to join! Don't blame the teachers, and don't blame the students. The laptops have problems, so what?! Everything does. They give us loaners. Adults always reminded us to backup our files to our N: drive. If we hadn't, it's our loss! Not the adults. I'm a 6th grader, and this school is the best!

Posted September 19, 2008

I'm not sure about other teachers but my daughter's 6th grade teachers last year were very good, particularly the Math (Ms Lee), Science(Ms Wilbourne) and Social Studies (Ms Berkes) The only thing was disappointed about is the extracurricular activities especially the clubs (Math Counts, Chess etc that are offered in Doerre and other schools). I understand this is brand new school but I guess it s high time since the students miss on a lot of activities. Though it is necessary to catch up with the technology and providing laptops is a good way to start, I was concerned about the missing class workassignments due to technical difficulties. I guess student should be given 1-2 chances to re-submit the class work when the teacher realizes that it is missing, instead of giving a zero. I am curious to see how the LMS works this year. Overall, it is pretty decent school.

Posted June 4, 2008

Teachers don't care and are not the best that Klein could have hired. Klein has raised our taxes for what? What a wasted year.

Posted April 30, 2008

the school is rediculous, teachers don't care, students don't care. i wish i had never sent my child here, it was the biggest mistake i ever made. she is a very smart student, GT, and yet she has learned nothing new this year. please don't send your child here, if you expect anythin to be acheived.

Posted March 12, 2008

Laptops are distaracting and slow everything down, halls are crowded and teachers aren't that great.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

318 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

315 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

289 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

288 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

289 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

364 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

362 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

356 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

360 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students92%

Special education82%
Not special education99%
Limited English proficient (LEP)89%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

339 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

338 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

345 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

345 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

341 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

340 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

233 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

337 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

340 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students82%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 8% 4%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 5%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

Health & athletics

• Nurse(s)
  • Gym
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • SCOTT CROWE
Fax number
  • (832) 375-7150

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator