Bad
Good

I only write reviews if I am "WOWED" by a place. This is a place I am wowed about. My son attends Progressive Montessori School. He is so well taken care of in their infant room. He loves his teacher and goes to her right away. The room is kept very clean as well. You can tell his teacher loves her job because she does it really well. He has been there for about 6 months now. The Director gave me a tour early in the morning on my way to work. She was very informative and very friendly. I immediately knew this was the place where I wanted him to go. What touched me most was she asked what my son's name was and on the way out she said bye to him with his name and said see you soon. I toured other schools in the area and this was by far the best. He will be there till he graduates! Great teachers, great administration, and great facility. We talk about Progressive from time to time to our friends.Highly recommended!

At first, they had a teacher in the infant room and an assistant at all times. I was told they may not even get a teacher in the infant room after summer. Keep in mind that infant in the Montessori world is generally up to 18months so not having a teacher for 12+ month kids, is not what we wanted. The other issue that made us leave was me overhearing a teacher SCREAMING at a kid. I inquired to the staff who sat at the desk and she assured me she would go check into it. She came back and told me it was the teachers son but I was NOT ok with my children being exposed to that kind of behavior. The final thing that sealed the deal was my son getting Hand, Foot and Mouth, and finding out there was another kid at the school that had it and no one was notified(regardless of a doctors note, its highly contagious). Last, the director that works in the mornings is very rude. Daily, I carried in twins in carriers, by myself. She would just sit at the desk and stare at me when I walked by, often just sitting there not working, on the phone, etc. Unbelievable.

My son has been in this school for over a year. We love this place and deeply trust this school. I have read some of the low star ratings. Since I have no position questioning their story, I would like to share some points that we like about Progressive Montessori School. 1. Front Desk Staff and Management: These ladies are always very nice and helpful. The Director many times has stepped out of the building to watch my other child in the car because I drop my older one to Elementary School. They also gave us many good advises and sometimes even remind us important things that we forgot. I know they are proud of calling themselves "school" as they offer many academic and education. I also think a doctor's note is necessary for contagious sickness. This is for the safety of our children. I support this school in this situation. Let me add they have a great Summer Program. My son's favorite thing in the summer is the Fun Bus.

I think it's funny that the person who wrote a review about not being able to get in the door without a key fob decided to complain and be frustrated instead of just getting a key fob. This is a small school with sweet teachers. Our baby has blossomed here, and we look forward to seeing what she learns in the toddler classroom. As a mom, I first felt guilty about not keeping my child with me all day. But now that she's so active and constantly learning, I am glad she is at Progressive where there are screen-free activities to keep her busy brain engaged. We have brought Montessori home- setting up a mini table and chairs for her to take her meals and read her books. She prefers it over the high chair :) My friends with babies who are not in a school like Progressive struggle to keep their kids engaged, and end up putting them in front of the TV at home. I am happy to pay tuition to have our daughter learn while we are working.

My son has been going to this school for about 1 month. Let me start off by saying their customer service sucks! The front door is locked for security reasons (understandable) but there is hardly ever anyone at the front to let me in. I've seen other parents use a key fob to get in, but we were never offered one. We knew we would be moving soon and our son would be going to a different school so I didn't bother to ask for one. However, they do have a doorbell. So every morning, I'm ringing the door bell (one time for about 3 minutes) and no one comes to the door. I usually get let in by another parent who is dropping off their child. Secondly, the staff seems unprofessional. The first week my son started, I was able to just walk in (after another parent of course) and go to the infant room to get my son. Then all of a sudden, the receptionist appeared and asked me for ID because she was not familiar with who I was. This happened twice! Then today, as I was walking up to the front door, with my baby in his car seat, I saw the staff member and receptionist look at me from inside and then they walked off! So glad we do not have to deal with this anymore after this week.

This school is amazing! I love the people there. The director is in control and knows what she is doing. The lead teachers there are trained and certified and the assistants are on there way to complete their degrees in the Montessori field. I trust the school and the individuals there.

Last modified Progressive Montessori School is a Private school that serves grade K