Bad
Good

The 9th grade campus is uncontrolled, disorderly, and full of bullies. I was about to explode with anger today because of my last class. We had a substitute teacher because our teacher was "visiting her son" or something. Is that even an excuse to leave? And my classmates were out of control, cussing at other kids and drawing on our teacher's pictures on the wall. The substitute didn't even know about this. There was a partially-autistic kid who got angry at this troublemaker (they already hate each other) and called him a vulgar name. One girl got called a lesbian and the other teens laughed at her, but she was saying she wasn't lesbian. Later on, she called another person gay and I said, "That's offensive to gay people." because they were laughing at someone if they were called gay in a sexual orientation way. There is a sign on the boards of the classrooms that says people cannot make fun of someone due to their sexual orientation, race, gender, religion, etc., yet people are doing this. And they should have cameras in the classrooms because it was chaotic in that last class. I was made fun of due to my heredity of a foreign country I was from and called a Communist.

i recently attended a jv football game 09/12/2013 at your facility i was shocked at the handicapped parking, and the distance from parking to seating. as my husband is disabled we wont be attending any other functions at this facility. also there were no lights in either womens or mens restrooms. these issues need to be addressed

I am sure that the woodland high school is quality programs and teaching and I will sent my son to the school after summer. Submitted by parent

The most recent poster has my school nailed on how bad it is here. I come from a great family, moderate income level, have a pretty awesome car, and came in new at the start of my jr yr... The counselors told me this... If you don't sign up for extracurricular activities, ie clubs, sports (good luck!), band, then you will have a difficult time at the school. So I signed up for lots of clubs since I didn't qualify for their stellar basketball, football, baseball, or tennis club. So I go to the club meetings and since I don't already know anybody there, I'm SHUNNED!! So I do this in about 4 meetings, looking forward to meeting at least one new friend and I am so depressed that I have to deal with eating by myself and not one person will come and sit by me. I will look up and smile and they go sit somewhere else... I hate this place now. My parents told me it was going to be a great school, but btwn the teachers and their lack of abilities to teach, and the administration's difficulty with handling the chaos of unhappy kids there, there is no way someone like me, a good looking, nice, good kid can be happy here. All of the SERIOUS $ in this town and nothing to show 4 it. I'm :'(.

I have lived in New England, Atlanta, The Midwest, Central States, and now Houston. This is absolutely the WORST school to acclimate your child to. Unless you are filthy rich, a jock, cheerleader, or highly popular, your new student IS NOT WELCOME HERE by others. The "clicks" are everywhere, and forget joining clubs to get to know kids - the clicks are already there too. The size is absolutely outrageous and unless your child already comes from a large school (3000+ kids), I highly suggest looking elsewhere. My neighbors have lived all over the world in many cases, and they also said this was the worst school ever to get their kids to feel included and meet others. The school throws the clubs at kids and expects them to just "go get it!" If you are are a down-to-earth person and your kids have any kind of heart, move somewhere else! THIS PLACE IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT FOR YOU! We are now homeschooling, and relieved to be doing so.

I really like this high school... It's just amazing. I really like th teachers. And if you're in band and you're moving to the woodlands, this school has probably the best band ever. I'm in this band and I actually enjoy this band. It's fun and chill. This year, the band got 1st place in BOA Regionals which is a marching band competition and this year also we were the UIL Area F champion....AGAIN! So what do you think? Isn't this remarkable? Oh and the wind ensamble will perform in midwest clinic which is an international music convention (bands and orchestras). This is actually the second time TWHS band perform for midwest... So if you're in band and just recently moved to the woodlands, please consider these amazing achievements that this high school has made

The Woodlands High School doesn't burn the candle at both ends; it burns it in the middle as well. The academics, the sports, the partying...they're all generally happening at a college level. In fact, a small college will probably feel like a step down from TWHS. As for arts, social causes, and other "progressive" pursuits, those take a back seat here. Remember this is Houston. If a student isn't a serious jock or brain, they're going to have to hunt around to find their niche. If your kid cannot stick with an extracurricular activity or two, they will be absolutely miserable at this school. It's a huge school so it's easy to feel like a number. I'm already assuming you're white, affluent, suburban, and conservative - like most of the families living in the school zone. If you're thinking of private school, your kid will certainly get a lot more one-on-one attention from teachers than at TWHS. If you're thinking about College Park, TWHS is a just slightly more upscale and competitive. If you're thinking about Klein or Oak Ridge, those are all a step down. If you're worried about snobs or status symbols, those aren't really a problem at TWHS for half the students.

My son was ill equipped for college coming out of this school. Being a GT, and then an AP student, you would think he would be able to do very well in a university setting. Untrue. Writing and Reading skills were never enforced in The Woodlands School system, and the science classes were a joke. They were taught to pass the TAKS every year. We had no choice but use the schools, we couldn't afford a better school district nor the privates in town. So like everyone else, we NEEDED to believe the school was excellent. It was gang free, I'll give it that.

I have two kids at TWHS, a Senior and a Freshman. The education my kids are receiving is beyond good-- it's truly exceptional. How many high schools offer Japanese or Chinese?? The selection of AP classes is also very good. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the students and care about them. The extracurricular and sports programs are first class. It is a very competitive school, academically and otherwise, but I think my kids will be well prepared for college and life beyond because of it.

We are generally satisfied with this school but it is way too big and overly bureaucratic. In addition, the students tend to be very wealthy which adds pressure on everyone to keep up. My child does very well and takes AP classes but is literally a number and is just thinking ahead to college.

Last modified The Woodlands High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.