Spring, TX

Wilkerson Intermediate School 3

Posted October 26, 2014
My daughter is currently going to Wilkerson right now , she is telling me that there are some advantages and disadvantages at this school . The advanced/ GT classes aren't very challenging and that is disappoint cause I would love it if students would be taught to have higher expectations, and it seems like most teachers care about behavior more than grades which isn't bad at all but instead of learning they are given a ten minute lecture about not talking in the hallway rather than teaching them their subject . Some students have a lower income so it's also harder to have them catch up with the group. And honestly the teachers never help the students prepare for tests very well. Overall my daughter loves the clubs and activities and most of the teachers are great !

Posted May 01, 2014
Terrible school. There is not leadership. The school is on its third principal in three years. Dont go here

Wilkerson Intermediate School 5

Posted July 03, 2013
Great school, very pleased with teachers' care and commitment to our childrens' needs and learning goals. Best anti-bullying program in the area that makes some uneducated low class bullies fear and complain, which is ok. Tough, we will not be putting up with unruly behaviour in The Woodlands. We care for our childrens' normal phychological and emotional development, the great knowledge they get from the advanced curriculum and preparedness for the future.

Posted April 22, 2013
My daughter is in the GT program at Wilkerson and has gone through 2 years being completely unchallenged. Teachers do not discipline unruly kids and the counselor says she will step in and then does nothing. The principal is rarely seen and must hide in her office. I can't even remember her name after 2 years here. Pick another school if you have the choice!

Wilkerson Intermediate School 4

Posted August 27, 2012
While my son had a great 5 years at Glen Loch we were terrified of him going to Wilkerson. We heard very bad things about the school. We attended school meetings for several years before he went to Wilkerson and disscussed our concern with the Principle of Wilkerson, teachers and other parents. All our worry was for nothing. The school has turned out to be a great experience.

Posted February 29, 2012
We had a great experience at the elementary level, but when my son entered this school, I was horrified. If felt more like a county jail than a school. Five police cars out front, policemen patrolling the campus, and unhappy faculty. I pulled my son out of this school. This is sadly the worst school the Woodlands has.

Posted December 04, 2011
In light of all of the "anti-bullying" craze that has swept our nation, Wilkerson Intermediate School has taken the school district's anti-bullying policy to the extreme. Children aren't allowed to be children any longer in this school without being disciplined. My son who attends Wilkerson no longer enjoys going to school, which is a shame because he is an excellent student. I am very disappointed in the Principal and Vice Principal leadership at this school. Many of the teachers choose to not make decisions and handle situations themselves and just give children referrals to the principal's office.

Posted December 02, 2011
Unfortunately, after a wonderful elementary school experience, Wilkerson has been a disappointment. Children are placed in blocks, and the core subjects are science, social studies/ language arts, and math. My child has a very dedicated and organized math teacher, but we are not as equally impressed with the other teachers. The kids do note have text books or e-books. They rely on teacher notes and work sheets. We find it difficult to supplement learning at home with little resources or even prepare for tests which have differed from work sheets being sent home. We initially thought the absence of student lockers would be fine. However, the kids have to haul their binders and all their notebooks home every day. This can get heavy with jackets, lunch boxes and water bottles. Lastly, my child no longer enjoys school. This could be due to age, but last year our child could not wait to go to school. Overall, it has not been a positive experience.

Wilkerson Intermediate School 5

Posted September 09, 2011
Great school so far. Moved here from North Carolina and were impressed. Wilkerson has an emphasis on the foundation courses like language arts, science and math, as well as on the fine arts (visual and music). My daughter was easily transferred from the Academically Gifted program in NC to the Gifted and Talented program here.

Posted December 16, 2009

Wilkerson Intermediate School
12312 Sawmill Road, Spring, TX  77380
Last modified Wilkerson Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilkerson Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top