Posted September 02, 2013
We've had 3 children come through Benfer. Our oldest was there for 6yrs & our other 2 are in 1st & 3rd grades. Our experiences with Benfer have been nothing less than wonderful. The motto among staff is "Every child is my child" & it shows. Our kids have varied from GT to non GT classes & we have been very pleased with both. Most teachers are very accessible and respond to parent concerns promptly & even follow up. On the very rare occasion that a resolution couldn't be met with a teacher the Principal was very accommodating. I appreciate that the teachers meet with each other when developing lesson plans to ensure that what they are teaching in grade 2 will prepare them for grade 3 and so on. While we love the teachers from each grade level, we have always been so impressed & blown away by the kindergarten teachers. Those ladies have been passionately teaching kindergarten so long that they have success down to a science. While the overall school atmosphere emphasizes academics, character building is equally important, promoting the same values and principles we instill in our kids at home. They teach kids to be successful in Middle School as well as to be successful in life.

Benfer Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
We just finished our first year here and we are very happy with the school and the teachers. My child's teachers were always helpful and very prompt to reply to any queries my mail or in person. Though I feel there should be more challenging science projects for 3rd graders. Also the GT students needs to be given some more exposure to variety of things. For a 3rd grader there need to be more extracurricular which actually begins here only in 4th grade. Hoping my child makes great friends this year and we have a long lasting relation with the school.

Posted July 25, 2013
Benfer is amazing school. The teachers really care about the kid. The leadership is wonderful. I have two children here and they love it. The students have access to great technology and resources. The PTO does a great job of fundraising and bought two additional laptop carts in the last two years. Great place!

Posted November 08, 2012
This is my sons 3rd year at Benfer (he's now in 2nd grade) and I couldn't be happier! He is a straight A student. The teachers and faculty are the best in the district! The school Counselor is wonderful. The Principal is an amazing lady. And the teachers are fantastic! He is receiving a wonderful education.

Posted April 24, 2012
My son attended all 6 years at Benfer and my daughter is now in 4th grade and almost out. It is sad to be leaving soon as the teachers and staff have been amazing!! They know all the kids by name and face. The administration has an open door policy and is very happy to speak to not just parents but students as well. They offer lots of extra curricular activities to encourage students to grow and learn. Choir, DI, Jump Rope Club, Chess Club, and Strings just to name a few. The PTO is very active and has contributed a great deal such as playground equipment, rock wall, computer lab, laptops, and weather bug system. There is a lot of parent involvement although it had slacked for a few years, we can see more parents able to volunteer more this last year. Benfer participates in the No Place For Hate program and I have seen the amazing results of this. Our school is diverse and the staff encourages the kids to learn about all people and what makes each so special in their own right. My son was very well prepared for middle school. I could not have asked for a better school for my children!

Benfer Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2012
As soon as we could, we removed our child from this school. He came home multiple times with scratches across his face and would tell us about how a child tried to choke him. When we reported this, nothing was done, and my son's anxiety increased so much he became I'll every morning. We switched schools, and he is a much happier child. He was not challenged at all, and even though the teacher recognized he was bored, little was done. I truly feel he did not learn anything new.

Benfer Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2008

Benfer Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2007
I have a daughter that attended the last 3 years. The teachers that she had were very good, however not sure about quality across the baord for all grades. There are a few extracurriculars offered at the school, but not too much. Parent involvement tends to be dominated by the more affluent white parents. Fairly high Latino population at school, but very little PTO particiaption.

Posted May 05, 2007
great school, my son loves his teacher and I feel safe knowing he is being well taken care of and being taught by some of the best educators ever!

Posted September 22, 2006
We are extremely pleased with the quality of teachers, counselors and administrators. Parents are very involved and the PTO has done a lot including donation of very good play equipment. The teaching style is very creative and gets the children involved in hands on learning and discussion. The children have access to an amazing library including an 'Advanced Reader' program, computer lab, sufficient physical activity, stimulating science, and a wonderful music program. Art is integrated into the main curriculum, and there is an Art after School program with mixed media projects. Other extra-curricular programs I'm aware of are jogging club, drama club, chess club and many others that I'm just learning about. Our children are in 2nd Grade and Kindergarten, and we are excited about their present and future opportunities.

Benfer Elementary School
18027 Kuykendahl Road, Spring, TX  77379
Last modified Benfer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benfer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top