Klein High School

Public | 9-12 | 3757 students

Posted May 31, 2014

My son is about to graduate from Klein and my daughter is an incoming freshman. This school is awesome academically and has so much to offer for any student whether athletics, fine arts, social, etc. Parent and community involvement is also top notch. In summation, Klein is a great school with an even greater legacy!!! Go KATS!!! :)

Posted April 29, 2014

My husband and I sent our 2 daughters to Klein High after attending private school... This Highschool is horrible compared to their previous one. Many other parents we've spoken to, and I agree, say that many of the teachers could care less about the students. My husband and I agree because we've noticed both of their grades have dropped compared to the A's they had at previous school and we've noticed they aren't as motivated in their school work. We have to work three times as hard helping them with studies now. Total dissapointment.

Posted April 10, 2014

This is a great school. We moved here just so our kids could attend Klein High and we were never disappointed. We are parents of three kids that all attended in the 2000-2009 time period. Reflecting on all we know now and all the other people we've talked to, I can state unequivocally that Klein is an excellent school. Our kids thrived in the environment where every kid gets a chance if he's willing to do the work. They loved the academic environment, the music and theater programs, most of the kids and most of the teachers. Each was challenged and then taught and then they excelled - they went on to three demanding universities including Rice and UT and found that they were very well prepared and that many of their AP credits were transferred. Like a lot of things, you get out of high school what you put into it. Klein is very much that way, but even amplified. If you work hard and care you will get a great education, meet some amazing people and be very well prepared for higher education. You'll have a nearly ideal high school experience in every way that counts.

Posted September 14, 2013

Klein High School is a great place to learn if you apply yourself. There is a ton of adjustment and I've never seen a school system that pushes the students so hard. Rank is super competative. This will be my second year at Klein high school. I am in all Pre-AP/AP classes and its been pretty challenging. You have to work your hardest to get what you want. I've heard that regulars is WAY too easy and I just won't drop because of the type of kids that usually take regulars, the teachers are not as dilligent in teaching in regulars (you get a lot of coaches), and I can't afford to lose the extra point for my GPA. The AP teachers are really hard, and expect a lot from you, which is the whole point of taking these classes. I go to bed at 11:30 every night from doing hw. some teachers are better than others, there are a few crazies at the school (just like any other school) that you better hope you never get. I've been lucky so far, but one of my friends' teachers had them watching the simpsons every day (in AP). The fine arts program is fantastic. I'm in band and its amazing. We're like a family and it is really fun. If you can work hard and apply yourself, you'll do well here.

Posted September 6, 2013

My child attended Klein elementary and middle schools which were relatively good and he made fairly good grades not great but not bad - mainly Bs and Cs. The first semester he went to Klein High he failed every subject. Core subject teachers e.g. Math and English were very poor indeed. In fact his English teacher was right out of college and my son complained of her sending text messages in class instead of focussing on teaching. I immediately pulled him out and he is currently with TXVA (online with K12). The turnaround was dramatic, not great but he passed his second semester, and he mainly taught himself online which shows that he is motivated so something is very wrong with Klein High. It seems it was historically strong but now is a poor shadow if itself.

Posted September 4, 2012

Klein High School definitely has a hidden jewel in the counselors office. My child's last name begins with K and this counselor repeatedly assisted my child in being supportive and continually monitored his progress the four years he was there. In the mist of hearing some negative feedback for this school I can testify that not everything is always perfect but it's refreshing to know that there is still professionals that truly enjoy their job and continue to strive for excellence.

Posted October 23, 2011

Klein high school is not a good school. There are many times where teachers are rude and unpleasant to the students. I'v seen teachers call students stupid and retarded. Most of the teachers can't teach. They either talk about their personal life during the class period or they dont do anything but sit at there desk. Last year they got rid of a bunch of GREAT teachers, but kept the bad ones. I dont understand also why they dont seem to realize when a certain teacher has a very low average of scores from their students, they dont fix the problem because they don't care. The contruction has also made it a hard place to walk around and its very loud. Over all this school is a 1. The one is just for the "couple" teachers that can teach good. Which is pretty rare at this school.

Posted October 21, 2011

We have lived in a few states and we were told Klein is the best school district in Houston area. Our child has been at KHS for 3 yrs and it has been nothing but grief. Many teachers don't do their jobs, many do not know what they are teaching or how to teach it. Our child has to monitor his/her grades to ensure that the teachers are doing their jobs correctly. Many teachers are negative, as well as the administration. I was yelled at by a teacher once for parking in the visitors lot because she thought I was a student-Nice way to approach someone you don't even know, student or parent. School has bomb threats/fights/gangs, etc. Our child doesn't want to finish HS here, and we are considering switching to a new school next year. Do not recommend.

Posted July 6, 2011

Klein High is a great school. The teachers really care and they have a great sports program. Klein also offers a variety of clubs and honors programs. There is something for every child who wants to be involved. Klein prepares each student for college very well and provides a strucutred educational enviroment.

Posted June 7, 2011

Klein High was the worst school that we have had to deal with for four years. There were some teachers that just should not be teaching any longer due to there lack of patience and a friendly attitude. Now the office staff that was specific for my child were cold and unpleasant to deal with in the four or five times throughout the at the school. My child was above most of his peers academically so i do not know where there behavior came from. I will move or re-route my other child to a different school, because there is know way he will attend that one. The only thing that school has going for it is the principal who is very nice. There is so much more that was disliked, but i will not bother you all with that. GOOD LUCK if you are zoned for this high school!

Posted May 16, 2011

my kids love this school. The teachers really care. My oldest boy has been going there on and off for 5 years now and he loves it. Sometimes he comes home and just talks for what seems like an eternity about his teachers and how great they are.

Posted November 10, 2010

Klein High School has some of the best teachers in Texas. My children all went to private elementary, since our neighborhood school (Brill) wasn't the calibar we wanted, so we were a bit wary going into the huge KHS campus. All my children did very well academically, socially and enjoyed all the sports a large school has to offer. The AP cirriculum is rigorous and generally taught very well. English, Math, US History were by far right on track with private schools. Good job KHS, hats off to the principal, administration & teachers.

Posted September 16, 2010

Right now Klein is way over filled. A normal class has about 30-36 kids in it. With this many students you can't even hear the teacher. A "small" class has about 25-30 kids. The Pre-AP is also not so great. Basically you could call it TEACH YOURSELF. Other than that Klein is wonderful!

Posted February 3, 2010

Klein is the best! It is so great to be a part of a school that excels at so many things! Klein has tought me how to become more independent and allows me to be myself. Everyone has a place to fit in here, and there is so many clubs and activities to join. Because our school is so large, it gives you the opportunity to meet new people all the time. I am a sophmore and have loved my two years here, I am sad to say that I will be moving out of state this summer and I hope to find another school with just as much passion as Klein has to offer. It is the most school spirited school I have ever been to!

Posted September 16, 2009

My children received a well rounded education. KHS is especially outstanding in the area of fine arts.

Posted August 7, 2009

I rate the school a 5. My children graduated in the top 20% of their classes and did wonderful in college. Klein prepared them very well. I appreciated the professionalism and structured education at Klein. Go teachers!

Posted June 5, 2009

Klein is a good school. Despite what some have said here, the teachers do care. I encountered many teachers who were interested in my success and willing to help me succeed. I would suggest the Honors/AP classes because they really challenge and will prep you for college. There are tons of clubs and activities to join and parents are almost always actively involved. I enjoyed Klein and I feel other public schools wouldn't have given me the education I received there.

Posted March 6, 2009

The teachers don't really care, the pre-ap classes are very difficult and the regulars classes are too easy with no in-between. I like how the school is very mixed with groups and everyone can talk to each other without worrying about cliques. A lot of the kids are easy to talk to and I've been told Klein High has the most considerate kids out of the other Klein high schools. I'm glad I'm a Bearkat, and I feel like this is my favorite year of school so far.

Posted February 20, 2009

The teachers here don't care about the students. All they do is read the lesson plan, do what's written on it, and relax. They don't care if you don't understand the work. And they also care more about sports/clubs/activities than academics.

Posted January 4, 2009

I'm a senior at Klein High School. Yes, the teachers are pretty awful. Yes, most of the counselors give little to no attention to a students needs. However, if your child is lucky enough to get a good counselor like I did then he or she will be taken care of. High school is not just about academics and learning; it's about finding friends and recieving opportunites you otherwise wouldn't have. I love Klein. The students work hard and play hard. It's the next best thing to college. I would recommend Klein High School to any parent.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

751 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

751 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

702 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

697 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

695 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

691 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

717 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

721 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

728 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

728 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students98%

Asian99%
Hispanic99%
Special education80%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

723 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

216 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

932 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

854 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

978 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

996 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

876 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

879 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

10 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

10 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

878 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

13 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

947 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

872 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 6%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Swimming pool
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Latin
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options