Posted May 31, 2014
My son is about to graduate from Klein and my daughter is an incoming freshman. This school is awesome academically and has so much to offer for any student whether athletics, fine arts, social, etc. Parent and community involvement is also top notch. In summation, Klein is a great school with an even greater legacy!!! Go KATS!!! :)

Posted April 29, 2014
My husband and I sent our 2 daughters to Klein High after attending private school... This Highschool is horrible compared to their previous one. Many other parents we've spoken to, and I agree, say that many of the teachers could care less about the students. My husband and I agree because we've noticed both of their grades have dropped compared to the A's they had at previous school and we've noticed they aren't as motivated in their school work. We have to work three times as hard helping them with studies now. Total dissapointment.

Posted April 10, 2014
This is a great school. We moved here just so our kids could attend Klein High and we were never disappointed. We are parents of three kids that all attended in the 2000-2009 time period. Reflecting on all we know now and all the other people we've talked to, I can state unequivocally that Klein is an excellent school. Our kids thrived in the environment where every kid gets a chance if he's willing to do the work. They loved the academic environment, the music and theater programs, most of the kids and most of the teachers. Each was challenged and then taught and then they excelled - they went on to three demanding universities including Rice and UT and found that they were very well prepared and that many of their AP credits were transferred. Like a lot of things, you get out of high school what you put into it. Klein is very much that way, but even amplified. If you work hard and care you will get a great education, meet some amazing people and be very well prepared for higher education. You'll have a nearly ideal high school experience in every way that counts.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 14, 2013
Klein High School is a great place to learn if you apply yourself. There is a ton of adjustment and I've never seen a school system that pushes the students so hard. Rank is super competative. This will be my second year at Klein high school. I am in all Pre-AP/AP classes and its been pretty challenging. You have to work your hardest to get what you want. I've heard that regulars is WAY too easy and I just won't drop because of the type of kids that usually take regulars, the teachers are not as dilligent in teaching in regulars (you get a lot of coaches), and I can't afford to lose the extra point for my GPA. The AP teachers are really hard, and expect a lot from you, which is the whole point of taking these classes. I go to bed at 11:30 every night from doing hw. some teachers are better than others, there are a few crazies at the school (just like any other school) that you better hope you never get. I've been lucky so far, but one of my friends' teachers had them watching the simpsons every day (in AP). The fine arts program is fantastic. I'm in band and its amazing. We're like a family and it is really fun. If you can work hard and apply yourself, you'll do well here.
2 people found this helpful

Klein High School 1

Posted September 06, 2013
My child attended Klein elementary and middle schools which were relatively good and he made fairly good grades not great but not bad - mainly Bs and Cs. The first semester he went to Klein High he failed every subject. Core subject teachers e.g. Math and English were very poor indeed. In fact his English teacher was right out of college and my son complained of her sending text messages in class instead of focussing on teaching. I immediately pulled him out and he is currently with TXVA (online with K12). The turnaround was dramatic, not great but he passed his second semester, and he mainly taught himself online which shows that he is motivated so something is very wrong with Klein High. It seems it was historically strong but now is a poor shadow if itself.

Klein High School 4

Posted September 04, 2012
Klein High School definitely has a hidden jewel in the counselors office. My child's last name begins with K and this counselor repeatedly assisted my child in being supportive and continually monitored his progress the four years he was there. In the mist of hearing some negative feedback for this school I can testify that not everything is always perfect but it's refreshing to know that there is still professionals that truly enjoy their job and continue to strive for excellence.

Klein High School 1

Posted October 23, 2011
Klein high school is not a good school. There are many times where teachers are rude and unpleasant to the students. I'v seen teachers call students stupid and retarded. Most of the teachers can't teach. They either talk about their personal life during the class period or they dont do anything but sit at there desk. Last year they got rid of a bunch of GREAT teachers, but kept the bad ones. I dont understand also why they dont seem to realize when a certain teacher has a very low average of scores from their students, they dont fix the problem because they don't care. The contruction has also made it a hard place to walk around and its very loud. Over all this school is a 1. The one is just for the "couple" teachers that can teach good. Which is pretty rare at this school.

Klein High School 2

Posted October 21, 2011
We have lived in a few states and we were told Klein is the best school district in Houston area. Our child has been at KHS for 3 yrs and it has been nothing but grief. Many teachers don't do their jobs, many do not know what they are teaching or how to teach it. Our child has to monitor his/her grades to ensure that the teachers are doing their jobs correctly. Many teachers are negative, as well as the administration. I was yelled at by a teacher once for parking in the visitors lot because she thought I was a student-Nice way to approach someone you don't even know, student or parent. School has bomb threats/fights/gangs, etc. Our child doesn't want to finish HS here, and we are considering switching to a new school next year. Do not recommend.

Posted July 06, 2011
Klein High is a great school. The teachers really care and they have a great sports program. Klein also offers a variety of clubs and honors programs. There is something for every child who wants to be involved. Klein prepares each student for college very well and provides a strucutred educational enviroment.

Klein High School 2

Posted June 07, 2011
Klein High was the worst school that we have had to deal with for four years. There were some teachers that just should not be teaching any longer due to there lack of patience and a friendly attitude. Now the office staff that was specific for my child were cold and unpleasant to deal with in the four or five times throughout the at the school. My child was above most of his peers academically so i do not know where there behavior came from. I will move or re-route my other child to a different school, because there is know way he will attend that one. The only thing that school has going for it is the principal who is very nice. There is so much more that was disliked, but i will not bother you all with that. GOOD LUCK if you are zoned for this high school!

Klein High School
16715 Stuebner Airline Road, Spring, TX  77379
Last modified Klein High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Klein High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top