Posted June 27, 2014
I posted a review for this school. It was meant though for the middle school Doerrie Intermediate. This school ( Theiss Elementary ) was a wonderful school for both our children, they enjoyed their time there, the teachers were great. Sorry about the previous bad review which was meant for Doerrie School.

Posted June 23, 2014
Our children use to attend Theiss. We moved and our children miss it tremendously. The teachers, principal and PTO are all great! The front office is so warm caring, unmatched by other schools. This is a great school and they care about all the children.

Theiss Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
Theiss is HORRIBLE! If you have a kids with special needs stay far away from this school. The principle wants nothing to do with you. She won't give you any services. The PTA hates the principle. The teachers are all unhappy and very grummpy. Walking into the school and I promise that within the first minute you will hear at least one teacher tearing either you or a child apart. They don't even respect adults. Horrid! Yes they have good ratings and test scores but that is because if your child doesn't do well the principle won't let them go here because and I wote, "they are lowering the schools rating" Really!?! Don't send your child here until the district gets a new principle and teachers!

Posted August 02, 2013
My son was a kindergartner in 2012/13 school year and was shy and lacking confidence to handle the 'rough kids' - we had an awesome class teacher who nurtured his skills not just in the classroom but also social skills. I find the staff here very warm and friendly and with only a total of under 700 students in the school, there is a nice Theiss-family atmosphere. Having said that, i am still concern with the 1:25 class size - the better students tend to fall 'under the radar' while the problematic ones gets the attention from the school. It is important therefore that parents are fully involved and participate in activities and make connections with staff and teachers. we love this school!

Posted August 21, 2012
As a former student from this school, I can let all of you know first hand how grateful I am that my parents enrolled me here back in the early 1980's. Mrs. Wallace was the principal at the time, and many of my classmates were quite happy with the curriculum and teachers. My elementary years are filled with great memories as my Kindergarten teacher, Miss Sikorski was so generous and caring, that she helped me overcome a language barrier. I really feel that this is one of the best elementary schools you could ever enroll your child in. Learning was always fun and memorable. Now as an adult, all I can say is thank you very much Theiss Elementary!

Posted August 10, 2012
Theiss is a magnificent school. The principal is an outstanding leader because academics, activities and teacher participation has increased significently in the past five years. There is such a warmth in the building that it feels much like a small private school. Our children love being a Theiss Tiger. As a parent I am extremely excited that learning is made meaningful and fun.

Posted June 07, 2012
Theiss is awesome. There is a family-like atmosphere, and both teachers and administrators are super supportive. They encourage all students to do their best in all facets. Academically, students are held to high standards, and I appreciate that. I have nothing but kind words to say about this school.

Posted June 07, 2012
My son struggles with confidence, but after attending Theiss for 2 years now, he is excelling at everything. The teachers and staff constantly encourage all students, and they focus on the positives. 5+ stars!

Theiss Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2012
This feeder pattern from Theiss to Doerre to Klein is the best in the district. The teachers work hard and truly prepare the kids for the next level. The competition academically is top notch, so parents need to help and behave accordingly. Take your kids out of the house. I don't like that PTA meetings are at 9 am when most of us have to work and therefore have little say in matters. They are quite strict with verbal or written reprimands for talking, candy and such... but little is of consequence in permanent records, etc. I have struggled a bit with teacher/parent communication, but they are good with email. In today's era of No Child gets ahead, what more could I expect?

Theiss Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2012
It is not a ghetto school or anything but I did not find the administation at all helpful. I begged my son be put with a good experienced teacher, he was put in with an unexperienced, overwhelmed, uninterested teacher. My experience when new to the school was nothing but insulting and rude. I had all the paperwork to show residency and was still made to jump through extra hoops and treated second hand. In general the administration and some of the teachers could care less about anything going on with your childs education, they are hard to get a any communication out of . They treat young mothers like they are stupid or maybe they just don't care. Having come from a different Klein school I was very disappointed and didn't feel this one lived up the same standards and the previous school.

Theiss Elementary School
17510 Theiss Mail Route Road, Spring, TX  77379
Last modified Theiss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theiss Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top