Spring, TX

Posted April 12, 2015
This a wonderful school. The teachers, staff and administration is student focused on all children. The instruction is excellent and students are taught at a very level with additional academic support through tutoring if needed. There are so many opportunities to participate in after school clubs and activities. The teachers and parents are dedicated to excellence. They teach the students about giving back to others through school-wide activities that promote a greater awareness of the needs of those less fortunate. Learning is fun and engaging for all of the students and so many opportunities to volunteer as a parent. There is a robotics club, programming, super heroes club, choir, garden club, duct tape club, chess club, math club and more! We love this school and begged the principal to add 6th, 7th and 8th grades.

Posted April 10, 2015
Great teachers, goal oriented, love the student care and the teachers interaction. Have seen great improvement in language and math.

Posted June 27, 2014
I posted a review for this school. It was meant though for the middle school Doerrie Intermediate. This school ( Theiss Elementary ) was a wonderful school for both our children, they enjoyed their time there, the teachers were great. Sorry about the previous bad review which was meant for Doerrie School.

Theiss Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
Theiss is HORRIBLE! If you have a kids with special needs stay far away from this school. The principle wants nothing to do with you. She won't give you any services. The PTA hates the principle. The teachers are all unhappy and very grummpy. Walking into the school and I promise that within the first minute you will hear at least one teacher tearing either you or a child apart. They don't even respect adults. Horrid! Yes they have good ratings and test scores but that is because if your child doesn't do well the principle won't let them go here because and I wote, "they are lowering the schools rating" Really!?! Don't send your child here until the district gets a new principle and teachers!

Posted August 02, 2013
My son was a kindergartner in 2012/13 school year and was shy and lacking confidence to handle the 'rough kids' - we had an awesome class teacher who nurtured his skills not just in the classroom but also social skills. I find the staff here very warm and friendly and with only a total of under 700 students in the school, there is a nice Theiss-family atmosphere. Having said that, i am still concern with the 1:25 class size - the better students tend to fall 'under the radar' while the problematic ones gets the attention from the school. It is important therefore that parents are fully involved and participate in activities and make connections with staff and teachers. we love this school!

Posted August 21, 2012
As a former student from this school, I can let all of you know first hand how grateful I am that my parents enrolled me here back in the early 1980's. Mrs. Wallace was the principal at the time, and many of my classmates were quite happy with the curriculum and teachers. My elementary years are filled with great memories as my Kindergarten teacher, Miss Sikorski was so generous and caring, that she helped me overcome a language barrier. I really feel that this is one of the best elementary schools you could ever enroll your child in. Learning was always fun and memorable. Now as an adult, all I can say is thank you very much Theiss Elementary!

Posted August 10, 2012
Theiss is a magnificent school. The principal is an outstanding leader because academics, activities and teacher participation has increased significently in the past five years. There is such a warmth in the building that it feels much like a small private school. Our children love being a Theiss Tiger. As a parent I am extremely excited that learning is made meaningful and fun.

Posted June 07, 2012
Theiss is awesome. There is a family-like atmosphere, and both teachers and administrators are super supportive. They encourage all students to do their best in all facets. Academically, students are held to high standards, and I appreciate that. I have nothing but kind words to say about this school.

Posted June 07, 2012
My son struggles with confidence, but after attending Theiss for 2 years now, he is excelling at everything. The teachers and staff constantly encourage all students, and they focus on the positives. 5+ stars!

Theiss Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2012
This feeder pattern from Theiss to Doerre to Klein is the best in the district. The teachers work hard and truly prepare the kids for the next level. The competition academically is top notch, so parents need to help and behave accordingly. Take your kids out of the house. I don't like that PTA meetings are at 9 am when most of us have to work and therefore have little say in matters. They are quite strict with verbal or written reprimands for talking, candy and such... but little is of consequence in permanent records, etc. I have struggled a bit with teacher/parent communication, but they are good with email. In today's era of No Child gets ahead, what more could I expect?

Theiss Elementary School
17510 Theiss Mail Route Road, Spring, TX  77379
Last modified Theiss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theiss Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top