Bad
Good

The front staff including the registrar and the front desk person are very rude, beware and visit regularly to keep an eye on your kids there are a lot of kids here with severe behavior problems.

The teachers and staff are very kind and supportive. We moved to the area before the start of school and have been very pleased with Theiss academically. Our kids transitioned very well and enjoy the school spirit. The school does a great job embracing new students and the experience has been overall very positive.

I moved to the neighborhood, because of Theiss. I found the staff to be encouraging and supportive of the students. We had one of our children at Abercombie for kinder, which failed us. Theiss was welcoming and made my child feel comfortable right away. Staff has been objective as to needs, assessments, putting my wife and I at ease. The staff has been helpful with the parents and vice versa. They support the ideals that this is a team effort, which I enjoy. Since it's a small school, the staff know you and your children by name. Mrs Keenan is also engaged, jumps to substitute in pinch and is attentive to the parents concerns and needs. Both staff and teachers will offer suggestions, feedback and recommendations when asked.

This a wonderful school. The teachers, staff and administration is student focused on all children. The instruction is excellent and students are taught at a very level with additional academic support through tutoring if needed. There are so many opportunities to participate in after school clubs and activities. The teachers and parents are dedicated to excellence. They teach the students about giving back to others through school-wide activities that promote a greater awareness of the needs of those less fortunate. Learning is fun and engaging for all of the students and so many opportunities to volunteer as a parent. There is a robotics club, programming, super heroes club, choir, garden club, duct tape club, chess club, math club and more! We love this school and begged the principal to add 6th, 7th and 8th grades.

Great teachers, goal oriented, love the student care and the teachers interaction. Have seen great improvement in language and math.

I posted a review for this school. It was meant though for the middle school Doerrie Intermediate. This school ( Theiss Elementary ) was a wonderful school for both our children, they enjoyed their time there, the teachers were great. Sorry about the previous bad review which was meant for Doerrie School.

Theiss is HORRIBLE! If you have a kids with special needs stay far away from this school. The principle wants nothing to do with you. She won't give you any services. The PTA hates the principle. The teachers are all unhappy and very grummpy. Walking into the school and I promise that within the first minute you will hear at least one teacher tearing either you or a child apart. They don't even respect adults. Horrid! Yes they have good ratings and test scores but that is because if your child doesn't do well the principle won't let them go here because and I wote, "they are lowering the schools rating" Really!?! Don't send your child here until the district gets a new principle and teachers!

My son was a kindergartner in 2012/13 school year and was shy and lacking confidence to handle the 'rough kids' - we had an awesome class teacher who nurtured his skills not just in the classroom but also social skills. I find the staff here very warm and friendly and with only a total of under 700 students in the school, there is a nice Theiss-family atmosphere. Having said that, i am still concern with the 1:25 class size - the better students tend to fall 'under the radar' while the problematic ones gets the attention from the school. It is important therefore that parents are fully involved and participate in activities and make connections with staff and teachers. we love this school!

As a former student from this school, I can let all of you know first hand how grateful I am that my parents enrolled me here back in the early 1980's. Mrs. Wallace was the principal at the time, and many of my classmates were quite happy with the curriculum and teachers. My elementary years are filled with great memories as my Kindergarten teacher, Miss Sikorski was so generous and caring, that she helped me overcome a language barrier. I really feel that this is one of the best elementary schools you could ever enroll your child in. Learning was always fun and memorable. Now as an adult, all I can say is thank you very much Theiss Elementary!

Theiss is a magnificent school. The principal is an outstanding leader because academics, activities and teacher participation has increased significently in the past five years. There is such a warmth in the building that it feels much like a small private school. Our children love being a Theiss Tiger. As a parent I am extremely excited that learning is made meaningful and fun.

Last modified Theiss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.