Klein Oak High School

Public | 9-12 | 4093 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 5, 2010

I'm a student at Klein Oak Hight School and i think Klein Oak is really fun if you have friends and just consentrate in classes

Posted December 10, 2009

I am a parent of a student attending Klein Oak High School. I take reviews submitted by people stating 'it's the worst' or 'it's the best' with a grain of salt. I've lived all over this country and have seen the abysmal state our educational system is in these days. K.O. is too big and over-crowded and it shows in the faces of the teachers and administrators. But in spite of it all, I'm encouraged by the fact that they strive to be the very best. Yeah, I get nickeled and dimed, but I also have the ability to see my kids' grades in real-time PLUS I can contact the teachers via e-mail and they actually get back to me. That alone puts it above other schools I've seen during my 45+ years living.

Posted October 29, 2009

The staff is inept at doing their jobs correctly.

Posted October 18, 2009

I am currently a sophomore at this school. I read some of the bad reviews about the teachers 'not caring' and it being all about sports. Honestly there are teachers here that let the kids do whatever they want, while the teachers play on the computers. From a teenagers viewpoint that's paradise, but I guess through a parents eye it's not so good. Secondly, yes this school takes pride in our sports programs, despite having a terrible football season. One reason I gave this 4 stars is the fact that this school does challenge you and they try to improve every year. Also this school tries to bleed you dry from your wallet. Students pay for overpriced lunches to a $20 shirt for every event, but this school is very social and it's very good for parents wanting their kids to get out more and make more friends.

Posted August 5, 2009

This is the worst school I have ever attended. I hate every day that I have to go there. I has been the biggest waste of time. The teachers are incompetent, the students aren't motivated or accountable, and the administration is awful. I am about to start my junior year and my parents are sending me to private school. If you have the choice, I highly suggest going somewhere else.

Posted March 19, 2009

It is the best school ever...my son goes there and he loves it. The people there are the best and I am so happy that my son attends this magnificent school!

Posted January 15, 2009

I personally think that Klein Oak is a very reliable source of education. The teachers are very productive in class times and really apply them selves to the students. I really see Klein Oak growing and expanding into the community. This year they began major community service projects that have greatly helped many organizations. I would have to say that the best teachers at Klein Oak are Mr. Giles as well as Coach Penn.

Posted October 17, 2008

I am also a former klein oak student, and just looking back on my high school years haunt me. There are very few staff members that care about the classes that they teach, I had football coaches that didnt know what they were doing and were more interested in reading espn news on line than teaching us the course cirriculum. Although I had to painfully sit through a year of a particulur class like this, along with the nature of my rating doesnt mean that there were some really good teachers there who made me the person I'am today. One account of a teacher calling me stupid for asking to many questions, will always stick out in my mind ending my year senior year in a negative fashion.

Posted October 16, 2008

I recently moved to Utah from Tomball, Texas. I attended Klein Oak for my freshman year. I have to say, it is the best school I have ever gone to and I would love to go back to it. Everyone is so involved with everything. The teachers are great and everything. But, that's just me.

Posted April 20, 2008

Klein Oak offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma. http://www.ibo.org/ Parents wanting their children to be on par with European and Asian educated children should consider this program. It is not for families looking to go to UT or A&M, but those wanting to go to Ivy League or 2nd tier liberal arts colleges.

Posted March 14, 2008

I graduated from Klein Oak several years ago. Upon my return, I find that while many schools deteriorate, Klein Oak has actually 'upped' their game. There are a lot of comments by the parents around TAKS and Extracurriculare focus, and that the teachers don't have passion around students' learning. Let me address each individually. As for the focus on TAKS - 4 words, 'No Child Left Behind.' Blame the Federal Government for this shift of focus, not the administration. As for focus on Extracurricular activities - these functions separate great schools from good schools. Furthermore, those individual students that take part and participate separate themselves from average to poor students. That is why colleges and employers ALWAYS ask about extracurricular participation. School is more than academic preparation; it is also about preparing young adults to participate in society. As for teachers' focus on academic success, I say 'parents, get involved yourselves!'.

Posted November 30, 2007

As a former student at klein oak, i was very unimpressed in the attitude of the whole Klein Oak Campus. Dress Code is never inforced, Provanity is used constintly, It is a horrible school. The Teachers do not care about the students at all. Most of the student are very unmotivated in their work ethic. The Administration need some big improvements, they are way over protective on some areas and not on others.... do not send your students there. Go to College Park Or The Woodlands High School.. People Actually care about life

Posted August 2, 2007

Great school the best around! My kids are happier here than they were in kch! Wonderful, exceptional, keep up the great work ko

Posted July 30, 2007

Great school, smart kids, great atmosphere, smart uplifting teachers, great area to live in, love the academic program that Klein Oak presented

Posted January 29, 2007

We have been thoroughly unimpressed with the quality of academic programs at Klein Oak.

Posted July 10, 2006

As a former student, I can vouch for the quality of the teachers: they are engaging, highly intelligent, and thoughtfully present the information at a challenging rate. That said, the concentration on sports and the TAKS test in recent years is appalling, as well as the stratification of the student body in recent years and the distinct economic gap between certain other schools in the district and Klein Oak. My only other complaint is the lack of freedom in individual student's lives: freedom of thought and action are somewhat suppressed. Still, a truly great student may excel despite such restrictions. I graduated early, but I enjoyed the first two years here and firmly believe I received the best education and had the best high school experience that I could have. Academically and socially, this school is probably the best you can send your child to.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 25, 2006

As a parent the school has been a total dissapointment. The teachers don't hold the students accountable, and they don't inform parents of unacceptalbe behaviour. In Humble you can go online and see what the kids grades are in realtime, here you can't. There are too many examples to incompetence to list.

Posted March 26, 2006

Fairly good school from what I have seen so far. Only drawbacks are some teachers, huge economic gap, and some of the scheduling conflicts.

Posted March 8, 2006

This school is a very prestigous school! Won several awards and respected very much! This school also has the IB programme which is a very excellent program! I give it 2 thumbs up!

Posted October 6, 2005

This school is a good school if your child can learn and process information at a high level.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

1123 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

1113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

879 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

866 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

865 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

864 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

845 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

838 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

838 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

844 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students97%

Economically disadvantaged98%
Special education88%
Limited English proficient (LEP)92%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

624 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

316 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

904 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

832 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

957 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

956 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

867 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

866 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

5 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

810 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

8 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

938 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

851 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

Non-Gifted84%

Asian 7% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Swimming pool
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Latin
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options