Klein Oak High School

Public | 9-12 | 3845 students

Posted April 21, 2014

Overall i am very pleased with Klein Oak as one child went thru and a second one in the class of 16. I have a problem with the administration ignoring issues with teachers. There is a big problem in the science dept and don't feel the kids are being properly prepared for science courses in college. Kids in regular classes are treated different by some teachers like they are all bad kids and therefor in regulars and that is not always the case. I do not like this year, how the principal and teachers have ignored the klein isd dress code it has caused a lot of problems that i have witnessed first hand. The school has great programs and clubs for every kid to find something they will enjoy. Most of the teachers are great to work with and communicate with parents and will help the child at all times to be successful. They have an amazing fine arts dept and agriculture dept. It is by far the best high school in the area and very proud to have my kids graduate from Oak.

Posted April 21, 2014

My school is good. But the IB program at Klein Oak is amazing. I recommend going to Klein Oak if you are a participant in the IB program.

Posted April 17, 2014

I've been really impressed with the quality of Fine Arts education. The choral music program and dance programs are superior to anything in the Houston area and enhance academics!

Posted April 17, 2014

We are VERY impressed with Klein Oak High School. Our kids are getting a great education and we don't have problems with Drugs, fighting etc.... The teachers and student body are second to none. We recently went through a rezoning and considered moving if your kids were zoned elsewhere. Dr. Greeney (new Principal) is Fabulous and the students respond well to him.

Posted April 17, 2014

Klein Oak is by far the best school in the Greater Houston Area. My daughter graduated in 2012 and has been very successful in college, primarily because of the preparation she received at Klein Oak. My son will graduate in 2016 and we are thrilled to be a part of such an amazing public school.

Posted April 16, 2014

My school isn't horrible but it has a lack in excitment but for the most part in all my experince here at Oak i can say i'm proud to be a panther because we have a good staff willing to work with any problems you may have and they always encourge us to do better. Not a lot of schools have caring teachers like ours.

Posted April 16, 2014

My school is full of spirit and the need to be a productive part of the community. The staff and students are truly the best.

Posted April 16, 2014

Klein Oak is the best high school in the district!! Great experience for the parent as well as the student. Both of my kids attend Oak and they love it. The teachers truly are outstanding. The fine arts departments are awesome.

Posted April 16, 2014

I'm a senior this year and I could not think of another school where I would have wanted to spend these last four years. I've had the pleasure of having teachers who have changed my life (for the better) and made me who I am today. The clubs, organizations, and fine arts departments are all outstanding. There are so many opportunities to get involved. To be honest, the only people who have negative things to say about KO are the ones who make no effort whatsoever in school or trying to get involved. I'm proud to be a panther. Dr. Greeney rocks and the rest of the APs are fantastic.

Posted April 15, 2014

There is so much enthusiasm an spirit at Klein Oak. The Principal and admin staff are amazing and really involved with the kids. The teachers are great and have a passion for what they do. The school has so much to offer that I know my son will have every opportunity available to him that he possibly can. We live in the area we do so that he can go to such a top rate school.

Posted April 15, 2014

This school isnt the worst but neither the best, it lacks excitment and the dedication the school staff members need to aspire students to their best.

Posted April 15, 2014

I have been very proud to be a Klein Oak teacher for the last 29 years. We are blessed with a great student body, caring and innovative administrative leadership, a talented and hardworking faculty and a supportive staff. It is a great place to learn.

Posted April 14, 2014

My school is a welcoming enviroment that encourages every student to take an active role in their education. Learning can be fun!

Posted April 14, 2014

I have taught at Klein Oak for 17 years. We have seen changes throughout the years and I couldn't be prouder of how well we have adapted. Klein Oak has the most involved students in the district. The learning here goes beyond the facts taught in the classroom. The extracurricular opportunities are preparing our students for success in the real world. Educating the character is just as important as educating the mind! I also chose to have both of my children attend Klein Oak and I couldn't be happier with my decision. There are challenges in every school. Are we a BIG school? Absolutely. Klein Oak works exceptionally hard to ensure that every single student gets the individual attention they deserve. GREAT school to work and GREAT school to attend!

Posted April 14, 2014

I'm a sophomore student, Klein Oak just really isn't fun, the teachers and all the people that go to Oak make it un-enjoyable, I'm in some regulars and some Pre-ap classes, in regulars, the classes are so easy it's a joke, and in pre-ap all the teachers think since you're in pre-ap you should know it already, none of my teachers are not very good at working with the students and look down upon students who struggle in there classes, I wish I went to school somewhere else.

Posted April 14, 2014

Klein Oak HS is a top notch public high school. There is a great deal of diversity, and we work hard to be the best. In everything. Yes, athletics get a lot of accolades, but so do the fine arts programs. We strive for success. Our faculty cares about our students and the community in which we reside. Klein Oak can't be beat. I say this as a former student, teacher, and parent of a future panther.

Posted September 9, 2013

Great school. Klein Oak really is a first class public high school. My family and I moved here from Chicago Il. and the public schools here in Klein are so much better. My and husband and I would have to pay for both our kids to go to private schools back in Chicago in order to get the same type of education Klein Oak High has to offer. We are super pleased.

Posted June 3, 2013

The administration of this school is a joke. They do not care about the students, and will try to bully parents and students. They will pull your children in and question them without the parents knowledge or consent. They will also fail to let the students know their rights. I recommend parents know their rights, and stand their ground, as their attitude will change immensely as soon as you hire a lawyer. I am surprised they are not sued more often.

Posted December 30, 2012

This School is a good school only if you know how to work it. Klein oak sports are a good way to enjoy the school. If you are a academic student, try to stay in as many upper level classes as you can and try for the IB program. The computer Science program is amazing and you should try for it.The School is not enjoyable if you chose to stay in regulars classes. The administration is quite difficult to work with and that is due to their technology difficulties.

Posted May 18, 2011

Klein Oak is not the worst school in existence and there is a handful of teachers who genuinely care about a student's success. That being said, there is also a vast amount of teachers and staff that either just do not care or are possibly incompetent. My freshman and sophmore years I participated in the IB program, but I was having issues focusing on my classwork. I was in the counselor's office just about every day and it wasn't until my junior year a therapist suggested that I may have ADD. Neither the counselors nor my teachers had taken the time to understand my trouble with school work and just dismissed me as being lazy. No matter if the class is IB, AP or regulars, there is a multitude of teachers who should not be near a classroom that are in Klein Oak High School.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

1123 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

1113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

879 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

866 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

865 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

864 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

845 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

838 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

838 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

844 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students97%

Economically disadvantaged98%
Special education88%
Limited English proficient (LEP)92%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

624 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

316 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

904 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

832 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

957 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

956 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

867 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

866 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

5 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

810 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

8 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

938 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

851 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 5%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Swimming pool
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Latin
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options