Spring, TX

Posted October 29, 2013
Both my children have done great at this school. It is a smaller school and has a friendly atmosphere where parents are always welcome.

John Winship Elementary School 2

Posted December 26, 2009
My son has been at Winship for almost 5 years and I have not been happy. The PTO is very clickish and definately needs something done so more parents will actually want participate. The administration stands behind the teachers instead of looking at the students' best interest. The cafeteria is awful and the lunches are nothing more than tv dinners...very little nutrition is being served. When I was a kid my mom was invloved in everything and the school was an open invitation but Winship feels very closed off and selective. My son is an average student and I think because he is not a 'whiz' he is looked over. I wish we could move because we would in an instant.

Posted November 28, 2009
My Daughter has attend from k- 2 grade so far it has been a fun and enjoyable experience for her. She loves the teachers and there methods of teaching. She is soaking up like a sponge. She is happy with how positive reenforcement works. She enjoys the support of the other staff as well :) This school is making great memories..

Posted October 19, 2009

John Winship Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2009
My 3rd child will be starting Winship in the fall. I have one other who attends there now and one who went through Winship, Twin Creeks and now is starting Spring High. Overall the teachers have been great. But, the PTO people are very clickish and do make me not want to volunteer. I have noticed there is a lot of favoritism shown to employees children too.

Posted May 19, 2009

John Winship Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2009
Great School. It's below capacity so there's no overcrowding. No discipline problems. As far as I'm concerned it's the best elementary school in Spring ISD. Teachers are great. My only concern is there's little attention to where a student is at academically until they reach 3rd grade when they are required to start taking TAKS tests. They play catch up in 3rd grade. I expressed for K-2 that I thought my daughter was behind in math and was told she was doing well. Then at the beginning of 3rd grade, they started tutoring her to death saying she was behind in math. Parent organizations are short on volunteers but the parents in charge are very clickish and make it difficult to want to volunteer.

Posted April 28, 2008
What a great staff. They really work hard with the students. They have really good test scores this year.

John Winship Elementary School 0

Posted February 14, 2008
I think Winship Elementary is a great school. I have no complaints. I have two children and a nephew who attend Winship. I hope the move to the new school in Northgate will be just as great of an experience for us as Winship. I have embraced and supported Winship since my children started attending in 2004.

John Winship Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2008
I have two children who attend Winship and one that has moved on to middle school. There are many great qualities about this school, including the principal and staff, but some things that need to be improved upon, but are district controlled. TAKS should not be the main focus, there are more things that kids should learn. Problem children should not be in the main stream classes, they take too much learning time away from kids who want to learn. Tier III and Tier I should not be mixed, it takes too much time away from the more advanced children, plus they should not be sent to school to babysit needy kids.

John Winship Elementary School
2175 Spring Creek Drive, Spring, TX  77373
Last modified John Winship Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Winship Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top