Spring, TX
Students enrolled: 3,451

Posted June 08, 2012
Spring is your average suburban high school. The main problem is the overcrowding. Once they build the new high school, Spring will be excellent again.

Posted February 29, 2012
I pulled my child out of the school. I spent two days at the school. It is wild in the halls. The fights are really bad. I know of 10 kids that have been pulled out this year for home schooling. I know the kids hate the rules but its because the kids can't control themselves. I think that for a few months that the kids need to walk in lines like the little kids have to. No talking. Take everything away. The better they are the more they get back.

Posted November 04, 2011
They waste so much money, like, they dont have enough money to have enough teachers so we can have small classes, but they have enough for every teacher to get and ipad, and have 4 unused flat screen TVs. Ive never seen them on once. And we cant wear hoodies, even though they keep the school 2 degrees all day. And they moved our times so theres alot of trafic getting to school, and the cops dont even direct traffic. They leave as soon as all the busses are gone.

Posted December 08, 2010
I have been at Spring High school for over 10 years. The school has definately changed. The leadership has shifted in many ways giving the instructional staff the tools to require students to be engaged in their education, not just sit back and wait for information delivery. The student population has also changed in this time period. For the most part when the students are in class they willingly participate in activities. Sure crowinded halls are a problem and there are always going to be behavior issues and the rare teacher irritated on a bad day. But the punishments are handed out with equity. Requirements from district, state, and federal forces shape the focus at various points in the year. SHS has an exceptional fine arts programs and ahigh achieving honors program. Athletics are competitive with the best in the area. I am proud to be a SHS teacher!

Posted July 17, 2010
I transferred to Spring after Spring break '09, and, I must say, it's a miracle that I was promoted to the next grade level at all. The teachers didn't seem to really care that I was 'new' and made me do just as much work as other students -- Including projects! It's about to be my 3rd year here, and, I still hate this school. Many of the teachers here are just rude. The rules they have are ridiculous, and, the money this school could be spending on very much needed improvements, they spent on some stupid 'Shattered Dreams' program. Guah.

Posted December 12, 2009
I transfered to Spring in the middle of my junior year and it was better then the high school i had went to before. A greater percentage of teachers cared for students and their well being. While athletes did get some special treatment, the same teachers that gave a break to the athletes would give the same break to you if you needed it. The TAKS scores were low when i went there and the school was doing everything it could think of to help the students. It is a great school and i am happy to say i graduated from Spring High School.

Spring High School 5

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted August 19, 2009
Spring High is a very good school.It has many extra-curricular activities to choose from, and an excellent Honors Program.It was very crowded, however, before the new High School was built.I think some of the problems mentioned in the other reviews are problems that exist at all schools to some degree.For ex.: I believe, focusing too much on TAKS scores is NOT just a Spring High issue but a Spring ISD, and a State of TX, issue & needs working on.You will find the same thing at MANY, ISD's in TX.Also, it seems like a lot of kids today (not all!) are not as disciplined as they used to be & are more interested in socializing at school than in their school performance.This makes for a disruptive atmosphere for the students who really care about 'getting the most' out of their high school education so they can get into the best possible

Posted May 02, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009

Spring High School
19428 Interstate 45, Spring, TX  77373
Last modified Spring High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top