Spring, TX

Posted November 09, 2012
MY child went here for 4 out of 5 years after we moved to the area. Was not happy about the new school zoning and had to pay extra to keep my child here. I loved this school, they always kept the kids engaged, the principal knew my child by name and some of the teachers lived in the area so we saw them though outside events also. Great, simply great.

Smith Elementary School 0

Posted February 20, 2009
The staff here at Smith offer a wonderful learning environment a caring sentiment and a real interest in the performance of their students. Their early intervention program for students who may face developmental delays is excellent. The teachers will work with parents to ensure every student succeeds.

Posted May 06, 2008
i love the school they are realy profecional and frenly whit every one

Posted August 20, 2007
I love this school and so does my son. He came from a 'slower' school district. His grades have improved dramatically. I just love the teachers there. My neices also attend this school, and they love it as well.

Posted August 01, 2007
I love this school! Great teachers and a wonderful staff of principals, counselors and other personnel really make the difference here. My only two complaints would be that they need more adults to supervise during recess and also the Above-Grade (Pyramid/GT) program needs to be more quality-based rather than quantity-based.

Posted July 29, 2005
When I married and moved out to Spring, my kids started At Smith. My daughter's grades really improved. My son had been in a private school and apparently had been very far behind. He made lots of progress since changing. The only thing is that teachers are not able to enforce discipline. It is not just here but at every school. Teachers are afraid to punish children for bad behavior and by the time parents know about it, their punishment is ineffective. They are afraid someone will sue. I think some parents would approve of stronger disciplining of bad behavior but I know the hands are tied. Sometimes whatever disclipline they get from school is all they ever get. Some parents don't care what their kids do. I like this school though and they try to maintain contact with us.

Posted July 01, 2005
This is a great school. The administration and teachers are very caring and loving. The academic programs are top notch. They include a gifted program. There are also computer classes weekly. Parents are very involved and caring. This is a great place to send your child.

Smith Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2004

Posted May 11, 2004

Smith Elementary School
26000 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX  77373
Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top