No rating

St Edward Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Spring

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $281,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,210.

Posted January 24, 2014

My son started pre K 3 this year and we are extremely satisfied with our experience. My son loves his teacher and has learned so much while being a student here. Friends and family have commented on how much he has matured and it shows when he's around other groups of kids as he has his "angel wings" behind his back waiting for his turn. We feel that the return on our investment thus far has been tremendous and look forward to both of our kids continuing their education here. We didn't know the previous principal but really like and respect the current one. It seems like she's implemented a lot of changes and perhaps that's a challenge for some parents and students but we are excited to have her on board as she seems invested in our children's success and well being. I would highly recommend sending your children to St. Edward.

Posted October 18, 2013

I have three children that attend St. Edward. I have not seen or experienced any issues as some of the previous reviews. I am pretty straightforward with my children so the strict guidelines do not bother me. Teachers expect a lot of the students and I would not have it any other way. I have not personally met the principal but really liked her no nonsense approach at orientation.

Posted September 24, 2013

I have attended this school since kindrgarten, and I must say I have enjoyed my years here for the most part. Some of the teachers are great people -- but some teachers tend to favor students severly, and it is aggravating. Ever since we have received a new principal, this school seems to be run by a tyrant. It is almost intolerable to the point that I felt it was necessary to send complaints about numerous acts of injustice towards teachers, and most importantly students. If the principal finds something she doesn't like about your actions or the way you live your life (i.e. websites you use and how you use them, things you talk about or hobbies you enjoy) she will attempt to CHANGE YOU! The education I have recieved at this school is average, nothing gleaming or over the top. But, what I must reiterate, is that the new principal is resembling a dicator way too much. I would advise parents to stray from this school if you are not needing to hear terrible stories about said principal over using her "power".

Posted August 24, 2013

As a parent, I love this school. My kids adore their teachers. The teachers are dedicated to ensuring their students' success. The staff is personable and are always able to accommodate our needs. We were sad to see our principal leave but she had to attend to an ailing mother. The new principal is stern and on the ball. She is a no nonsense kind of lady with a mind for excellence. If you are interested in attending our school you will not be disappointed. We are currently adding to our parish buildings and soon to be refurbishing our school! We just stared a football team. Joining our "family" would be one of the best decisions you could make.

Posted August 11, 2013

Very rude receptionist. School principal left this year so hopefully the new principal cleans up after all the mess she left behind. It's horrible what both kids and parents have to endure from some of the staff and faculty. They don't practice what they preach. I'm still surprised on what some of the teachers and faculty got away with. I was warned about the school by a St. Edward's faculty member. I just did not believe the person at the time. It's a christian school and I thought, "there's no way they would do any of things that was mentioned." I was wrong and suffered and paid the price for it. IF YOU LOVE YOU CHILDREN, DON'T SEND THEM TO ST. EDWARDS CATHOLIC SCHOOL IN SPRING, TX!!!

Posted February 6, 2013

I am a former student and I can agree with some of the one/two star ratings. While it is important to have security, they were fixated on it and I couldn't go to after school tutoring without being harassed by administrators asking me what I was doing after school as if I was going to commit a crime. Bullying was a big problem when I went there, the people who bullied me never got reprimanded because their parents donate to the school. And It's not just the students who are bullies, I had this one teacher and administrator who would give preferential treatment to students they liked and would talk about me to other teachers or students when I wasn't around. Academics weren't any different than what you could get at a public school minus religious education. When I went to a public high school, I was so behind I had to get a private tutor to catch up.

Posted December 13, 2012

Our four children attend St. Edward. We are very pleased with the level of education they are receiving. The teachers are excellent and the principal is wonderful. The staff is helpful and everyone has been accepting of us and our children. This is our first year in a catholic school setting. Our children started off the first few years in public school. The difference is incomparable. We are thrilled we made the commitment.

Posted March 9, 2010

This is our 4th year at St Edward school, and we have 3 children attending. The education provided is excellent. The teachers are all highly qualified. We even have a Jr High Math teacher who holds a PhD. The kids are taught critical thinking skills and problem solving as part of their daily lessons, as well as a strong foundation in our faith. The environment can't be beat. The facilities are older, but are always clean and a high emphasis is placed on safety. Some parents have mentioned that they do not feel welcome, but to me, it is more about the kids' education. There are plenty of volunteer ways to be involved. No school is perfect, but this one is really one to check out if you are looking for a good Catholic school on the north side. D. Burns

Posted December 22, 2009

As a student here at St. Edwards I must admit I have had some hard times. But I look back and every problem has been resolved! I love it here and the teachers have been such a great influence on me. It will be very hard saying good-bye to this wonderful school once I move on to high school. However, I'm ready to go off to high school thanks to the help and support of the excelent teachers at St. Edwards. I look back on the past and smile, because each time I look back, I see the wonderful experiences my friends and I shared. I would recomend this school to anyone.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 4, 2009

Not a friendly environment. For the amount of money spent here you could get more involvement from your school. They treat some parents as if they worked for the school rather than the other way around. I cannot recommend.

Posted November 3, 2009

St. Edward provides a wonderful Catholic education in a family-oriented environment.

Posted October 13, 2009

I have found this school quite average. The teachers haven't struck me as dynamic or otherwise exceptional. While I appreciate security this school seems to have a fixation on keeping parents from seeing what is going on. You are rarely greeted with a smile and often looked at as if you're trespassing. Last year my son's desk stayed out of repair for nearly 3 months. Communication is directed towards email, website, and voice recordings. Without being assertive I think a parent could go a full year with hardly any interaction with their child's teacher. Their office staff can be rude. The curriculum is fine. Facilities are average.

Posted October 30, 2007

This school excels in bringing in teachers who can teach an extraordinary program. My children who have graduated from this school have gone on to the best private school in this city and done well. They were prepared to tackle large homework blocks as well as a diverse subject matter.

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (281) 353-8255

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2601 Spring Stuebner Road