PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

St Edward Catholic School 2

Posted September 22, 2015
If you want a circa 1950's Catholic education, this is your school. We were not involved or invited to meetings concerning the education of our children. The principal is out of touch with present-day curriculum. The cons out-weigh the pros. We were warned not to go here and I wish we would have listened.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 22, 2015
There are some very good teachers at this school... but then there are some VERY BAD teachers. The principal does nothing to fix this.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 22, 2015
It's a ridiculous amount of homework these students are given. Too much. It doesn't help them.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted September 22, 2015
No, I feel it does not. Rigor is a word most of the teachers don't comprehend. They think giving a ton of homework is rigor.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted September 22, 2015
Some of the teachers don't treat the students with respect. My child was not happy here.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted September 22, 2015
It's hard to develop these things when the leader of the school is anything but.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 22, 2015
Due to having some staff members who don't exercise these morals, I am saying neutral. But there are some wonderful teachers who work there. Principal knows and does nothing to the teachers who behave this way.

St Edward Catholic School 5

Posted January 16, 2015
My child has attended St. Edward since pre-k 3. We have had excellent teachers since that time and many positive experiences. I do not agree with the negative posts on this site. Speaking to some of the negative posts, the school does not treat the parents like they work for the school. This is a private catholic school and parents have to participate and contribute to make it work. All private schools are that way. As for complaints about security, the school's efforts all appear geared to attempting to keep track of who is entering the school. I would prefer that to having too little security any day. There was an administrative staff person at the school that sat at the front desk who was often rude- but she is no longer at that desk. And, just because there is one staff person with a bitter attitude is not reason enough for me to give the school one star. My child has thrived at this school. The teachers expect a lot, but I agree with that. The children seem so close, supportive and caring of one another- they must be doing something right. St. Edward is a good school with a positive learning environment. It is not perfect- but what is.

St Edward Catholic School 5

Posted January 24, 2014
My son started pre K 3 this year and we are extremely satisfied with our experience. My son loves his teacher and has learned so much while being a student here. Friends and family have commented on how much he has matured and it shows when he's around other groups of kids as he has his "angel wings" behind his back waiting for his turn. We feel that the return on our investment thus far has been tremendous and look forward to both of our kids continuing their education here. We didn't know the previous principal but really like and respect the current one. It seems like she's implemented a lot of changes and perhaps that's a challenge for some parents and students but we are excited to have her on board as she seems invested in our children's success and well being. I would highly recommend sending your children to St. Edward.

St Edward Catholic School 4

Posted October 18, 2013
I have three children that attend St. Edward. I have not seen or experienced any issues as some of the previous reviews. I am pretty straightforward with my children so the strict guidelines do not bother me. Teachers expect a lot of the students and I would not have it any other way. I have not personally met the principal but really liked her no nonsense approach at orientation.

2601 Spring Stuebner Road, Spring, TX  77389
Last modified St Edward Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8