School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Effective April 21, 2014, the Abercrombie family regained full ownership of Abercrombie Academy. Abercrombie prides itself with high academic standards, highly qualified and trained teachers, and a small student/teacher ratio. We look forward to continuing our traditions of hands-on learning with our STEM-based curriculum, field trips, guest speakers, musical performances and extracurricular activities that set our school apart. Abercrombie is accredited by the Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS) and affiliated with PSIA, Duke University Talent Identification Program (TIP), STEM Education Coalition, and the Anti-Defamation League as a No Place for Hate campus. We are proud of our students exemplary standardized test scores, and encourage our parents to become involved in our PTO and PSIA competitions. Our summer camps are a great way to keep your mind sharp, have fun and meet new friends. GO ABERCROMBIE ARMADILLOS!
April 10, 2015

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 20, 2015
The school maintains very high moral standards and expects the kids to follow their lead.

Posted July 20, 2015
Great atmosphere for the kids. Reminds me of my school days where grades mattered and we are thought to think.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 20, 2015
I can see great improvement in my sons since joining the school. My oldest son was from a highly rated Texas Examplary public school but fares better and gets individualized attention at Abercrombie. They both enjoyed the school's numerous field trips and hands-on learning.

Posted April 13, 2015
My children attended Abercrombie for many years, until we had to leave because one graduated from 5th Grade. One of our daughters is now in the 7th grade and, through the Duke TIPS program, was able to write the SAT. Her reading and writing scores ranked her in the 50th percentile when ranked against outgoing Seniors - that is phenomenal!! The education she received at Abercrombie was a huge contributor to this success! There is a saying...'If you can read, you will always succeed' and Abercrombie has always developed GREAT readers. Thank you to Mrs Abercrombie and the entire teaching staff! Our daughters are well on their way to success and we appreciate your contribution to this success!! From: A former Abercrombie Parent

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 10, 2015

Posted March 26, 2015
My kids have been at Abercrombie now for 2 yrs (& will continue for a 3rd). We started when the old admin staff were in place. Initially we had no issues, our kids were happy and excelling. Upon the abrupt departure of the previous admin I came to realize their shortcomings. Immediately my husband & I took the initiative to become more involved with the school and to properly voice our concerns. I'm extremely happy with the new admin and principal. They continuously keep parents in the loop, PTO meetings have been set up and they are constantly striving to make our kids the best. Every school has it's ups and downs, but you know it's a strong school when the owners and principal are always smiling and get to know every student like they are their own child.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 05, 2015
I am a grandmother of two students in the Pre-School. The teachers are WONDERFUL. The entire staff in the pre-school building are loving, caring and truly attend to each child's needs. Both of my grandchildren Love school because of Abercrombie's learning environment. It is Fun to learn with extra special classes like Music, computers, Spanish and P.E. Pre-K has field trips which are all done with learning and fun in mind. This is the second year my grandson has gone to Abercrombie and they are signed up for next year! We can't wait.

Posted November 14, 2014
This is my daughter's second year attending Abercrombie. We could not be happier with the education she is receiving. The administration and Abercrombie family have committed to developing an innovative and thorough curriculum. My Kindergartener is quickly outpacing her friends in the well known neighborhood public school. I highly recommend you look into Abercrombie if you are interested in the advantages a private school education can provide your child.

Posted August 25, 2014
I know it is just the beginning of the school year but I have been so pleased with the school and its transfer back to the Abercrombie family without any major disruptions. My children have been attending Abercrombie for several years and I am really impressed with the faculty (many of whom are specialists) and the caring staff. I feel like Abercrombie is one of the best kept secrets in the Northwest Houston area and the lovely campus is tucked back in a residential area. Impressive standardized test scores last year so I know they are on the right track for a small private school. Also like they offer a variety of after school activities. My children and I are extremely pleased.

Posted May 12, 2014
My son has been in preschool and preK here in Abercrombie and we couldn't sing enough praises for Mrs Marsalis, Mrs Risdal and the rest of the team in the preschool building who nurtured the students like their own. My son loves going to school and has learnt so much from academics, to social skills and general knowledge. They organize fun activities and get parents involvement in field days, school performance and special lunches. I will be sending my son to K Abercrombie and transferring my 1st grader into Abercrombie in the next academic year. I believe as long as parents get involve, give constructive feedback and build good rapport with the team, this is the right school and environment for the kids. As for the plummeting student enrollment - this is quite possibly also due to the economy - in any case, a small class size means more one to one with your child!

17102 Theiss Mail Rd, Spring, TX  77379