Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Fantastic school! Very glad that my kids attend Meadows Place Elementary. Great student/teacher ratio and high test scores.

My Daughter currently goes to this school and we LOVE it. Instead of just teaching the bare minimum the teachers work really hard to get the children to above average. The staff is amazing! This school has an open floor plan. (Kinder has their own rooms) I really like this because the children get to know one another because they can see each other.

Old principal, who I had witnessed being verbally abusive to her employees and rude to parents, is gone. The new team at Meadows seems very friendly and interested in the needs of parents. I have already attended a teacher meeting where the AP sat in. She seemed genuinely interested in my child. Looking forward to a great year!

I have had two children go through MEfrom K-5th grade. My children have gotten an A+ education. The teachers go out of their way to help their students and parents work toward common goals. The principal is an outstanding leader in our community and really cares about her faculty,staff, students, parents, and community. Her TAKS scores back up her actions and compassion. Your children will recieve the education in what YOU contribute into the time with ME and their teachers. If you keep the lines of communications open the possibilities of oportunities for your children are endless. My youngest will complete his last year at ME and we are confident he will be well ahead of the game when he heads over to DMS because of the positive and easy transition our oldest son had last year.You will never regret a moment your child enters the doors @ME.

Meadows is a warm, close-knit educational environment where students appreciate each others' special qualities and build on each others' strengths. Students learn in a variety of ways and teachers go the extra mile to meet students' needs.

My son came from another school in the middle of kindergarden and was way behind. When he got to 1st grade this year his reading level was way below where it should be. They put in in a special program and he finished it five weeks early. They are now talking about putting him in gifted and talented class next year. How is that for a turn around. This is a very awesome school and they care very much about their students!

I like the school and everything it has accomplished but if your child is below average, they will struggle to succeed in this school. While the majority of teachers are awesome, a few tend to 'give up' on a child they deem hopeless.

I love Meadows! Children in my family have gone there for two generations. There is such a wonderful family atmosphere and a great deal of support for parents and students. Academics are held in high esteem, and excellence is to be pursued in no uncertain terms. Children who do not qualify for special ed cannot be serviced by special ed because it is against the law, but those who do qualify are given all the support possible. Further, children who are struggling are always offered tutoring and extra support. Teachers are great and so is administration. I hope my grandchildren can go too!

I am disgusted with this school's approach to helping children with special needs. My child has literally fallen through the cracks. He has struggled since 1st grade and now in 5th grade, I was recently told he doesn't try! His disability isn't severe enough for special ed yet he's too advanced for resource help so he's thrown into general classes to ultimately fail. I feel this school (with the exception of some great teachers) should focus more on the education of the kids and less on TAKS scores.

Last modified Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.