Houston Learning Academy 5

Posted November 26, 2012
Excellent and understanding teachers. A lot of one-on-one time between my child and the teacher, allowing her to excel in her academics. The competitive, yet non-stressful environment has really helped my daughter develop as a student and as a person.

Posted April 29, 2010
This school saved my daughter from continued failure in the public school system. It might not be the school for all kids but those struggling with ADHD and a need for more personalized attention could really benefit from this atmosphere. It isn't your traditional high school, it is more like a family. The teachers and Ms. Monn take an interest in each student and get to know 'their story', their stumbling blocks. They understand where the kids are coming from and help them learn at their own pace while providing a safe, family like atmosphere.

Houston Learning Academy 3

Posted September 27, 2007
I guess I should have written this earlier. This school increased my son's math awareness and his experience was positive, at least with learning. the teachers talked ugly to the kids though. The other staff was good.

Posted September 14, 2007
The focus, as far as I can tell, is getting bodies in the classrooms and making the all mighty $$$$. It is run as for-profit and after doing some researched, is owned by a corporation. After enrolling my child at the end of last semester, and then experiencing their summer school (I use the term loosely) I would not recomend this school to anyone unless all you want is a baby sitter for 4 1/2 hours a day. It could be a great program for a small niche of students but it seems like the leadership of the school is in denial about the type of studnets that are enrolled, and the problems they face.

Houston Learning Academy 4

Posted September 08, 2007
My son's experience at HLA was extremely positive and really helped build his self-confidence. The small classroom gives the teachers the ability to work personally with each student. Thanks to HLA my son not only graduated on time but also improved his math and English skills.

Posted August 08, 2007
The classes are poorly organized, and there is no teacher student communication. better off in normal school isd's.

Houston Learning Academy 1

Posted October 27, 2006
Poor leadership, little instruction, minimal resources...

Houston Learning Academy 2

Posted October 04, 2006
Fabulous for my dyslexic child for Spanish 1 & 2 Small classes and ind attention and a positive atmosphere made it a pleasant experience for her

Houston Learning Academy 5

Posted February 21, 2006
My high school son was a poor fit in public school, being ADHD, a musician, and a non-athlete. He just never engaged in any meaningful group, and ultimately stopped wanting to go to school. A bad cycle of truancy, ISS, and encounters with a bad administrator seemed never ending. As an involved parent, it was heartbreaking and embarrassing. Houston Learning Academy gave my son a safe place to land. I will never forget my relief at finding adults who understood and cared about how he best learned, and how he could be re-enthused about learning again. Truly, HLA, Diana Monn, and the teachers, changed all our lives for the better. They are to be commended for creating an atmosphere where kids who need something 'more' than public school offers can find a peaceful and structured place to be.

Houston Learning Academy
3964 Bluebonnet Drive, Stafford, TX  77477
Last modified Houston Learning Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Houston Learning Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top