Posted May 01, 2014
This is a great school with supportive teachers and staff. In addition, the parents of the children here are very involved and fully committed to giving their children the best education possible. I believe that my child is receiving better education than she can from a private school education. I have two children at this school and they both enjoy it very much. This school, like the others in the city, really pushes academics. From what I've seen, there is a great deal of parent involvement, which is wonderful to see and makes a big difference.

Posted April 25, 2014
My son loves CSE, he spends 6 years here and will graduate this year. The teachers are great. Hard working and truly care/love the kids. My son loves to study because of them. I saw some negative comments below and really don't understand. My son enjoy the school so much!

Posted July 30, 2013
My daughter had a blast last year in 2nd grade, she did not want the school year end. She loves her teacher and the classmates. The teacher covered all area very well, gave attention where the student was not as strong and discussed with the parents. My daughter remains to be one of the Honor Roll Students this year! :) She is looking forward going to 3rd grade!

Posted May 25, 2013
The administration at Cornerstone is dismissive of any faults. They excuse questionable behavior of a certain teacher. Parents and students should not have to walk on ice by fearing that their child may become a target of a mean teacher. They continue to enable this lazy and aggressive teacher who spends most of her time deameaning students instead of teaching them. Parents have to supplement the lack of work that this teacher neglects to teach. How can a teacher get away without teaching? It seems like the administration is not fully engaged as to what is going on inside of the classrooms. This is how toxiferous teachers go under the radar for years because no one wants to speak up and administrators refuse to address problems. I'm not the least bit happy about students not learning and suffering under a teacher who is only there to pick up a paycheck. I'm shocked that this is even tolerated at this school because I have met some wonderful teachers there. There are too many great teachers out there. Why settle for one who clearly doesn't teach, is mean towards students, and is burnt out?

Posted March 13, 2013
Since this school does not teach much, parents have to involve teaching kids. This school is for kids to play, not to study. The administration staffs are rude and the principal is so pretentious. Don't expect too much from this school. I am very disappointed.

Posted March 22, 2012
My son started in kindergarten and now in first grade. He loves going to school every morning to see his friends and teachers(Ms Hodson and Ms Pop). Most school teachers are young; full of energy and enthusiastic. Unlike some folks I consider that as an advantage. How can someone teaching the same thing from 80's adopts to nowadays kids? Newer teaching method and knowledge weight more than 'experience' in my opinion. My son's teacher is a very kind and loving person; she sends out newsletter every other week to keep us in the loop what's going on in class. I'm not sure how the other person has such bad experience toward the school(all negative comments seems from same family) Most parents I met are well educated (lot of asians) kids are polite. My son got pick on by a kid at beginning of semester. I told him he just have to learn how to deal with it, by making more friends and allies. Now he has several best buddies to hang out with in recess, the former bully kid is now 'cool' with my son. From that my son learned how to handle situation and gain confidences. If a kid can't survive in cornerstone, i seriously doubt he/she can do better in private school.

Posted January 29, 2012
I'm not impressed by the quality of education that my child is receiving at Cornerstone. This school will not be able to function if it weren't for the parents who volunteer. Since the school is under staff due to state budget cuts it's very disorganized. The school has many young inexperienced teachers, it's not a welcoming atmosphere, & the classrooms are overcrowded. Unfortunately, I find my child's kindergarten teacher extremely unbearable. She belittles & bullies her students. Administration is not proactive about addressing the issues regarding low quality teachers at all. The front office staff are very rude. It's really disturbing that a school will not admit to their own problems & that they're not addressing the issues of this one particular kindergarten teacher or the other bad apples like her. Administration just bury their heads into the sand & pretend that the school doesn't have problems. Also, you can forget about a support system at this school because if you have any concerns, then you're on your own. Even though there are a few okay teachers there, the bad ones overshadowed the good. My child will be attending private school in the Fall.

Cornerstone Elementary School 3

Posted October 17, 2011
It does not maintain it;s areas. The area around the goals are just dirt. They don't even try to maintain the school cleanness and cafeteria people don't clean well. But they have great teachers

Posted August 31, 2011
Great school by our experience. Excellent communication from the teacher via email and daily folders. Always informed of what is going on. PTA provides frequent updates on social networking sites. Not sure which school the parent from June 22 is reviewing. Does not seem to be our or any of the other parent's experience thus far. Keep up the excellent job Cornerstone!

Posted June 22, 2011
New school with inexperienced teachers. Teachers spend more time with behavior problems than actual teaching. Curriculum not challenging and my child didn't learn anything during his 1st grade. No homework due to a paper shortage. Principal doesn't possess strong leadership skills. Just makes announcements and waves his hand. Teachers don't tell parents when child has a problem during class. My child was pulling his hair and eating it for 3 weeks and she didn't think it was important to tell me. SHe only informed me during a conference and I asked if there was anything I should know about. School is overcrowded. Bullying and cussing are major issues. Not a good school to attend. Very disappointed. Moved to this neighborhood because it was a Fort Bend school.

Cornerstone Elementary School
1800 Chatham Avenue, Sugar Land, TX  77479
Last modified Cornerstone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cornerstone Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top