Public charter
Sugar Land, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted December 10, 2014
Harmony School has brought awareness of higher level of learning and purpose to why education is important to our children s lives. I am not sure why those people who find it difficult to be part of this school system yet still linger and will not leave even after not having the experience THEY WANT?!. The truth of the matter is that parents deeply understand how amazing Harmony School is and how well the teachers are preparing the students for the future. But refuse to accept it because things are not perfect. Texas is the lowest in rating when it comes to math and science; Harmony is definitely doing a great job in closing the gap and educating students to have perseverance and take challenge with a smile. Harmony schools are also one of the schools with highest qualities of technology based curriculums, as we know, that is the only way to bring success to our future leaders today. I am glad to part of this school system and encourage the readers to understand that change is difficult to accept sometimes, but without change we cannot proceed to the next level and prepare our 21st century children for the tough world out there.

Posted December 09, 2014
Harmony school of science is a great school. All my kids are very happy and making excellent grades. Thanks Harmony, keep it up

Posted December 09, 2014
I have been working for this school for a couple of years now. My experience with Harmony has been enriching so far. I like the way that administration treats us kindly. There have been some teacher friends in the past leaving Harmony saying that there are other schools that pay more. However, I would rather stay at this great school and excel in my profession and be treated nicely.

Harmony School Of Science - Housto 2

Posted September 12, 2014
I have been to this school as a 4th, 5th, and 6th grader at this school, and I am a seventh grader at the other school. The reasons that bothered me the most were the lunch, the money and how it's being handled, and the language electives. The lunch is disgusting, I have attended many schools and the lunch over here is microwaved and tastes like cardboard. The money is not handled correctly, i believe that the chrome books they had given us did not help me at all in my math or reading abilities. The issue that bothered me the most in my school was the language electives, instead of choosing to go to Spanish class I was assigned to Turkish because simply nobody wanted to be in Turkish class. The teacher I had, GRADED ME ON HOW SHE FELT LIKE. This was a huge issue to me, because if I was grumpy that day and I did very well on my assignments she would not count the assignments but put in the grade book how grumpy I was and grade it that way. She also was late to class everyday for first period and did not change at all until the last two days of the end of school. I don't recommend to anybody this school and it gives very little options for your kids.

Posted August 22, 2014
This school is full of a bunch of administrators that have no idea what they're doing. The level of the education provided at this school is so low it's unacceptable. I moved to this school from a fort bend high school and when I started join here, I couldn't believe how far back these guys were. Like they were teaching stuff that I had learnt in 7th grade in 9th grade. This school is full of a bunch of bogus teachers that couldn't get a job anywhere else. The two good teachers this school had left last year so if you send your child here, they will learn absolutely nothing.

Posted January 06, 2014
Last year was my first year attending Harmony school of science high. The teachers at this school are amazing. They go above and beyond for students to understand curriculum. Not only that, but they are just nice people. I am a sophomore and this year each student received a Chromebook laptop. This was the worst idea anyone could ever think of. The administrators never think things through. There were so many problems with the laptops. We are restricted to only a few websites that are strictly for learning purposes, and most of those websites are useless for homework and projects. Not only that if a teacher of admin finds a student with a "hacked" computer that student is suspended. It's insanity to take such extreme measures. I am so ready to leave this school. Teachers are restricted to what they can do. I loved the way teachers would teach us last year, now this year the administrators restrict so much. There are no dances. I play volleyball and honestly what college recruiter is going to come look at our school? Harmony is way overrated to people who are thinking about enrolling their students in this school. It gives me anxiety just to think about school. There is no freedom.

Posted November 09, 2013
Our kids were out and that is why there are spots for your kids in. Parents raise the voices for school get a chance to improve, not for those who take personal matter.

Harmony School Of Science - Housto 4

Posted November 01, 2013
Like all other schools, HSS is not perfect and sure does needs alot of polishing when it comes to thier policies and procedures. Inspite of the negativities, i still believe that HSS is a better school if not the bestt. I just happen to see more pros than cons with this school. This school continuosly strive to give the best they can for thier students and i strongly support them. Im just wondering why some parents continue to talk against this school and yet they still have thier kids there. If they don't believe in the shool, they should pull their kids outright. rather than prolonigng thier agony and complain all year long.

Posted October 24, 2013
I don't understand why people rating this school so negatively still have their children going here. They seem to have a problem with the administration being Turkish. My child has been going here for 2 years and I have no complaints. I also have another child enrolled in a 9/10 rated public school and I can see the difference between the 2 schools. Harmony challenges the kids more...yes there is more homework and that is a good thing. I wish some of these people would take their kids out so my other child can find a spot here.

Harmony School Of Science - Housto 2

Posted October 23, 2013
I moved my kids from Harmony School of Innovation to HSS in Sugar land because it was very close to my house and their rating was 10 until early this year. The teachers of my kids are really good this year but I am very disappointed with administration. To pick up kids is huge issue. It takes you atleast 35-45 minutes to pick up 1 kid. I was picking up my kids from after school one day and some one blocked the car by parking right behind us. There were a lot of empty parking spots since it was around 5pm. Finally that person came back after 10 min and we were just stuck there for 10 min. That person was one of the teachers from the school and when I said that you should have parked in proper parking . Her answer was so what are you going to do? Are you going to tell Principal? Go ahead and do what you want to do? I was shocked when I hear that and my kids were listening that too. I even went to Dean of Discipline and her first answer was I am very busy. I do agree with comments of other parents, the school is going down hill. I am thinking about taking my kids out for next year. My advice for other parents to do your home work before applying for this school.

Harmony School Of Science - Housto
13415 West Bellfort Avenue, Sugar Land, TX  77478
Last modified Harmony School Of Science - Housto is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony School Of Science - Housto Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top