Dulles High School

Public | 9-12 | 2225 students

Living in Sugar Land

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $225,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted June 29, 2014

Hello, I'm a french music teacher. I work in a secondary school near Annecy in Haute Savoie(74). I head your choir singing Summertime and I enjoy it very much. I'd like to sing this version with my own choir. Could you please send me your score? I thank you so much Laurence Nicollin
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 9, 2013

Dulles i a vary racially diverse school-even under Texas standards, which is a VERY racially diverse state, unlike most states to its east and north.

Posted January 23, 2013

I went to Dulles for all for of my high school years and graduated in 2012. I agree that the administration could be better, but looking back, I realize that going to Dulles had truly been a rewarding experience. While I was there, I must admit that I wasn't the happiest student. However, I learned so much from wonderful teachers like Mrs. Malone, Mrs. Matney, etc. Those teachers really challenged me to be my best, and now that I am in college, I'm grateful for all that they have taught me. High school is partly the school and partly what you make of it. I was pretty determined to make my life miserable back then, but that didn't keep what I learned from shining through.

Posted January 4, 2012

I graduated from DHS in 2010 and now attend UT-Austin. Hands down, this school prepared me for college. I was exposed to a challenging curriculum where teachers encouraged me to think outside of the box; teachers like Wayne Sager, Christrina Minor-Stickney, Feng Li, Melissa Geisler (now gone), Andrea Walters, Mr. Thomas (now gone), Patrick Wallace, etc. As far as finding my place, with a school as DIVERSITY and a plethora of extra-curriculars, there is literally something for everyone. As a transfer from California, I never thought I would find a niche, as many cliques are longstanding from middle school days. Luckily, I found DECA and the amazing Deanna Shepard. This was my high school career and the experiences that many DHS students experience. . . If you are on the GT/Honors/AP-track that is. Like many top-notch American public high schools, there are two worlds that exist in Dulles, the AP kids and the non-AP kids. If you are taking "regular" courses, you may not always expereince the great teachers. Unfortunately, in our society, this is the reality of public schools. I can say it is better here than at Clements (Sink-or-swim HS) The only real con are some counselors

Posted June 20, 2011

DHS is a great school. My son just finished his first year in the math and science academy and though it was hard it was worth it. It is challenging and filled with excellent options for all kids. From clubs and teams to academic and athletic competitions. The Academy staff is incredible, caring and professional. I am so glad that DHS met and even exceeded my expectations. Thanks

Posted January 6, 2010

Dulles High School is the best high school you could ask for! It is full of diversity and has GERAT academics and extra curricular activities. The entire fine arts department is beyond outstanding, from the band to theater, and choir to orchestra. If you have a talented child, this is the place for them. Not only do they have a great fine arts program, the academics are phenominal! The teachers take time for tutorials every morning and afternoon to spend extra time with the students. The administration is firm, but caring. This high school is not like its rival down the street, Clements. All of their courses are self teaching and its all about 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' If you want your child to get an exceptional education and fit right it, Dulles is definitly the high school.

Posted November 28, 2009

I am a senior at Dulles and am actually scared of going to college because I feel so unprepared. The teachers are not able to comunicate with their students and the Princible staff.. What a joke.

Posted October 29, 2009

I had the same experience as the last two reviewers. I heard Dulles HS was great before and know many excellent teachers there. However, I can feel about the principal staffs who are impatient and tyrannical while talking to them as the previous two reviewers. Why should we waste our tax money on them if the staffs are not helping students to improve their study? I hope FBISD need to face this issue.

Posted October 12, 2009

I am currently a junior at Dulles High School and can not wait to leave. This is the first year that I have not had some kind of major issue with a teacher and the principle staff is deplorable. I am an honors student and invloved in multiple clubs and activities and have found it extremely difficult to work with the them. More often then not every student is treated as the average 'bad kid' when many are legitimately trying to get a good education and make it an enjoyable experience.

Posted November 12, 2008

The school administrators at Dulles leave a lot to be desired. None of them are willing to listen to the students or parents since Mr. Hindt left. Dictatorship at it's finest. Thank goodness my son is a senior. It has been nothing but problems for the last three years.

Posted July 18, 2008

I graduated from Dulles in 2005 and currently attend a small college in the nearby area (Rice). After taking a couple of years away from the school and spending time with students from schools all across the country, I've really started to notice how lacking Dulles is in many regards. While I enjoyed my time there, I would have gone somewhere else given the chance to do it again.

Posted March 26, 2008

Extremely severe problems have developed over safety issues from students brought in over past 2 years. Straight A student had to be transferred out due to safety issues. Disappointing as this was a great school with an older child.

Posted March 27, 2007

This is a great school..The principal believes in sharing info about the school and district and teachers are willing to help students unconditionally.Additional tutorial is provided throughout the school year..If student is willing to learn, this school will provide many resources.

Posted October 20, 2006

I am curently a junoir at Dulles. I moved here from Texarkana, Texas five years ago and I love it here. The school is incrediably diverse and racism is is never brought up, which I find astounding considering the way it was in Texarkana.

Posted September 25, 2006

DHS is thus so far one of the better high schools. I moved from Plano and they are everything the promised they would be and more. The teachers are caring and compassionate.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 22, 2006

Dulles high school is quality but much too large

Posted August 28, 2005

Their Sports are great including football and basketball. They also have Dolls, band, softball, baseball, and many others.

Posted February 20, 2005

Dulles is the best 'real world' preparation you can ask for your child. A child can get an excellent education at the same time learning from first hand expereinces about different cultures, economic levels, religions, and acadmeic levels. This school has activities for all interest. The administration is caring yet firm. My child as well as myself have always felt welcomed to discuss any problem or concern.

Posted February 23, 2004

DHS is everything and more than they promised me when I enrolled my child there, following 3 years of private junior high school. My son is getting a fantastic education there and will be more than ready to compete in college.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

575 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

570 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

439 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

434 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

433 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

435 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

501 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

All Students99%

Hispanic99%
Economically disadvantaged99%
Special education100%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

335 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

495 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

441 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

525 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

534 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

546 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

547 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

9 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

9 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

442 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

527 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

518 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

Beginning teachers 2%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• French
  • Latin
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator