Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The students are completely irresponsible, the staff is pathetic. I turned in something to the AP for approval, and three weeks later without a reply, I went back to find out that they had thrown it away. When I wished to transfer classes, my parents and I have emailed my counselor twice, and then it was only after we had talked to the AP did she reply with "This matter is none of my concern, please speak with your teacher about it." This school neglects the needs of the student body, whether it be submitting transcriptions or helping students in general, and I feel that the staff is only there to collect their paycheck at the end of the month. There is no real drive or motivation to work in both the faculty nor the student body.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The student body is comprised of many different backgrounds and origins, but this school makes no attempt to unify and harmonize everyone to create a socially acceptable learning environment. I recently went from an advanced class to a regular, and the level difference is very great.--not only in the material we taught, but the change in the behavior and attitude of the students as well. If anything, this school neglects to teach us responsibility and care for your environment, your peers, or yourself.

What I noticed when I was here, and pretty sure still is, is that their school environment is suffocating. I'm not talking about the rigorous academic background, but the value the school seemed to engrained in their students that grades are everything. Grades, GPA, and rank are so important that students cheated on testes and quizzes (even though all academy students pledged the honors statement to not cheat), and--this irk me very much--refused to help another out if that other have a higher GPA then themselves (the GPA game). I have been to two high schools--Dulles and another, and yeah, there are cheaters and GPA games at every school, but I see it happened worse at Dulles. Where is the moral and value in that?

Dont know about now, but in my time at Dulles, the teachers taught excellence and were accessible, though most were politically and sociallly conservative (and probably, still are). There was no violence and no racial animosity--the police were never called. Also, most students, regardeless of income or acheivement, wanted to go to college and constantly talked about that goal. Their attitudes certainly brushed off on me.

Hello, I'm a french music teacher. I work in a secondary school near Annecy in Haute Savoie(74). I head your choir singing Summertime and I enjoy it very much. I'd like to sing this version with my own choir. Could you please send me your score? I thank you so much Laurence Nicollin

I went to Dulles for all for of my high school years and graduated in 2012. I agree that the administration could be better, but looking back, I realize that going to Dulles had truly been a rewarding experience. While I was there, I must admit that I wasn't the happiest student. However, I learned so much from wonderful teachers like Mrs. Malone, Mrs. Matney, etc. Those teachers really challenged me to be my best, and now that I am in college, I'm grateful for all that they have taught me. High school is partly the school and partly what you make of it. I was pretty determined to make my life miserable back then, but that didn't keep what I learned from shining through.

I graduated from DHS in 2010 and now attend UT-Austin. Hands down, this school prepared me for college. I was exposed to a challenging curriculum where teachers encouraged me to think outside of the box; teachers like Wayne Sager, Christrina Minor-Stickney, Feng Li, Melissa Geisler (now gone), Andrea Walters, Mr. Thomas (now gone), Patrick Wallace, etc. As far as finding my place, with a school as DIVERSITY and a plethora of extra-curriculars, there is literally something for everyone. As a transfer from California, I never thought I would find a niche, as many cliques are longstanding from middle school days. Luckily, I found DECA and the amazing Deanna Shepard. This was my high school career and the experiences that many DHS students experience. . . If you are on the GT/Honors/AP-track that is. Like many top-notch American public high schools, there are two worlds that exist in Dulles, the AP kids and the non-AP kids. If you are taking "regular" courses, you may not always expereince the great teachers. Unfortunately, in our society, this is the reality of public schools. I can say it is better here than at Clements (Sink-or-swim HS) The only real con are some counselors

DHS is a great school. My son just finished his first year in the math and science academy and though it was hard it was worth it. It is challenging and filled with excellent options for all kids. From clubs and teams to academic and athletic competitions. The Academy staff is incredible, caring and professional. I am so glad that DHS met and even exceeded my expectations. Thanks

Dulles High School is the best high school you could ask for! It is full of diversity and has GERAT academics and extra curricular activities. The entire fine arts department is beyond outstanding, from the band to theater, and choir to orchestra. If you have a talented child, this is the place for them. Not only do they have a great fine arts program, the academics are phenominal! The teachers take time for tutorials every morning and afternoon to spend extra time with the students. The administration is firm, but caring. This high school is not like its rival down the street, Clements. All of their courses are self teaching and its all about 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' If you want your child to get an exceptional education and fit right it, Dulles is definitly the high school.

I am a senior at Dulles and am actually scared of going to college because I feel so unprepared. The teachers are not able to comunicate with their students and the Princible staff.. What a joke.

Last modified Dulles High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.