Sugar Land, TX
Students enrolled: 2,225

Posted April 30, 2015
What I noticed when I was here, and pretty sure still is, is that their school environment is suffocating. I'm not talking about the rigorous academic background, but the value the school seemed to engrained in their students that grades are everything. Grades, GPA, and rank are so important that students cheated on testes and quizzes (even though all academy students pledged the honors statement to not cheat), and--this irk me very much--refused to help another out if that other have a higher GPA then themselves (the GPA game). I have been to two high schools--Dulles and another, and yeah, there are cheaters and GPA games at every school, but I see it happened worse at Dulles. Where is the moral and value in that?

Posted November 24, 2014
Dont know about now, but in my time at Dulles, the teachers taught excellence and were accessible, though most were politically and sociallly conservative (and probably, still are). There was no violence and no racial animosity--the police were never called. Also, most students, regardeless of income or acheivement, wanted to go to college and constantly talked about that goal. Their attitudes certainly brushed off on me.

Posted June 29, 2014
Hello, I'm a french music teacher. I work in a secondary school near Annecy in Haute Savoie(74). I head your choir singing Summertime and I enjoy it very much. I'd like to sing this version with my own choir. Could you please send me your score? I thank you so much Laurence Nicollin

Posted January 23, 2013
I went to Dulles for all for of my high school years and graduated in 2012. I agree that the administration could be better, but looking back, I realize that going to Dulles had truly been a rewarding experience. While I was there, I must admit that I wasn't the happiest student. However, I learned so much from wonderful teachers like Mrs. Malone, Mrs. Matney, etc. Those teachers really challenged me to be my best, and now that I am in college, I'm grateful for all that they have taught me. High school is partly the school and partly what you make of it. I was pretty determined to make my life miserable back then, but that didn't keep what I learned from shining through.

Posted January 04, 2012
I graduated from DHS in 2010 and now attend UT-Austin. Hands down, this school prepared me for college. I was exposed to a challenging curriculum where teachers encouraged me to think outside of the box; teachers like Wayne Sager, Christrina Minor-Stickney, Feng Li, Melissa Geisler (now gone), Andrea Walters, Mr. Thomas (now gone), Patrick Wallace, etc. As far as finding my place, with a school as DIVERSITY and a plethora of extra-curriculars, there is literally something for everyone. As a transfer from California, I never thought I would find a niche, as many cliques are longstanding from middle school days. Luckily, I found DECA and the amazing Deanna Shepard. This was my high school career and the experiences that many DHS students experience. . . If you are on the GT/Honors/AP-track that is. Like many top-notch American public high schools, there are two worlds that exist in Dulles, the AP kids and the non-AP kids. If you are taking "regular" courses, you may not always expereince the great teachers. Unfortunately, in our society, this is the reality of public schools. I can say it is better here than at Clements (Sink-or-swim HS) The only real con are some counselors

Dulles High School 5

Posted June 20, 2011
DHS is a great school. My son just finished his first year in the math and science academy and though it was hard it was worth it. It is challenging and filled with excellent options for all kids. From clubs and teams to academic and athletic competitions. The Academy staff is incredible, caring and professional. I am so glad that DHS met and even exceeded my expectations. Thanks

Dulles High School 5

Posted January 06, 2010
Dulles High School is the best high school you could ask for! It is full of diversity and has GERAT academics and extra curricular activities. The entire fine arts department is beyond outstanding, from the band to theater, and choir to orchestra. If you have a talented child, this is the place for them. Not only do they have a great fine arts program, the academics are phenominal! The teachers take time for tutorials every morning and afternoon to spend extra time with the students. The administration is firm, but caring. This high school is not like its rival down the street, Clements. All of their courses are self teaching and its all about 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' If you want your child to get an exceptional education and fit right it, Dulles is definitly the high school.

Posted November 28, 2009
I am a senior at Dulles and am actually scared of going to college because I feel so unprepared. The teachers are not able to comunicate with their students and the Princible staff.. What a joke.

Dulles High School

Posted October 29, 2009
I had the same experience as the last two reviewers. I heard Dulles HS was great before and know many excellent teachers there. However, I can feel about the principal staffs who are impatient and tyrannical while talking to them as the previous two reviewers. Why should we waste our tax money on them if the staffs are not helping students to improve their study? I hope FBISD need to face this issue.

Posted October 12, 2009
I am currently a junior at Dulles High School and can not wait to leave. This is the first year that I have not had some kind of major issue with a teacher and the principle staff is deplorable. I am an honors student and invloved in multiple clubs and activities and have found it extremely difficult to work with the them. More often then not every student is treated as the average 'bad kid' when many are legitimately trying to get a good education and make it an enjoyable experience.

Dulles High School
550 Dulles Avenue, Sugar Land, TX  77478
Last modified Dulles High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dulles High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top