Sugar Land, TX
Before care: Yes

Lakeview Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Last year was our first year at this school. I will agree that the school is very very old and needs to be knocked down with a new school built on the land or bldg made into a historical site and new school built elsewhere (reason I gave just 3 stars). The environment can't even be compared with other newer schools. During some of my volunteer hours at the school, I did witness some very unhappy teachers. However, I will say that not all teachers there are mean. My kids had wonderful caring teachers who were very positive. As parents, it is very important to develop a good relationship with your childrens' teachers and school staff. It doesn't matter which school you send your kids to. My kids have been to 4 different schools in the last 4 years and I found that when I volunteer my time with the PTA and develop a relationship with the teachers, our experience at school is MUCH better. When I am not involved, then I can't expect the best. I worked full-time for 10 years and though it's a bit more difficult to be involved as a full-time professional, it is imperative to carve out time to be involved in the school. Teachers have one of the most demanding jobs.

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
Withdrew our child after the teacher scared him to tears and spoke to him with really harsh words. He felt unsafe after that. We gave it soem time but it want worth the stress he was under. He is doing amazingly well in his new school environment where he feels safe and cared for.

Lakeview Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2012
DO NOT MAKE A BIG MISTAKE and bring your dear children to Lakeview! The teachers are bullies, threatening and neglectful to children. They are flat out rude and intimidating to small children and don't make the mistake that I did by not knowing the horrible, miserable and harsh environment that this school has to offer. Principal is uninvolved and is bullied herself by overbearing teachers and front office staff. School is way too harch in discipline and should be knocked down and rebuilt. Their more proud of their old historical building then having an enjoyable learning environment for the children. All the kids there look sad. They cant even go to the bathroom during lunch, only 'special times', can't get water 'only certain times', just ridicuous. Horribly ran school! Worst I have ever seen.

Lakeview Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2012
ABUSIVE and RIGID teachers! Lakeview has a MEAN set of all staff and Principal isn't qualified to run the school. I have witnessed many negative happenings in this old decrepid school, but regardless of the unsafe school grounds, the staff are mean..from the front unwelcoming staff to the uninvolved Principal. Do not bring kids to this school. And for any parents that DO have kids in this STRICT and RIGID school, do a surprise visit and see what you notice yourself. I would bet that you see lots of unhappy children! Try it, I did it and it made me physically sick!

Lakeview Elementary School 5

Posted February 28, 2006
This is a wonderful school - caring teachers, organized curriculum and programs - big library!

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2005
Great school. Though, my child was previously at a private school and he's much more advanced for his grade level in public school. He will take the Advance By Exam this Summer to assist with this concern.

Lakeview Elementary School
314 Lakeview Drive, Sugar Land, TX  77498
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top