Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 15, 2016
This is the worst school I have ever seen in my whole life my kids said I hate my life from this school I talked with the principal and her assistant mmany times and there was any change my kids are in threr for two years and the teachers are soooo horrible they let the kids walk around the playing area during the break time for three days in a row and had silence lunch by him self for one whole week they are very rude with the kids even the parents

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 04, 2016
Thank you Mrs. Barrington and Mrs. McClanahan for working so hard to make every part of the school the best is can be.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted February 04, 2016
Great Character Education Programs. The schools works at making great character fun. The Vikings Bucks are a fun way for kids to get rewarded for being "caught" doing the right think.

Lakeview Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2016
This school knows how to teach students. They impart life long learning skills. The students make so much progress every year. It is wonderful to watch how far they come in one year.

Posted January 19, 2016
my child had a very abusive teacher on her first week of first grade.......had to quit school right away...The poor child still can not stand the view of the school.....every time I drive by, I see the scare on her face....Her teacher was arrogant and verbally abusive

Posted February 06, 2015
This is the worst elementary school I have ever ever put my children into, my kids lasted two weeks in that school and the entire time of those two weeks we had nothing but problems, cockroaches in the bathroom, oh yeah!!! horribly mean teachers, a horrible and uneducated principal... she didn't know how to lead or run a school, I had to go to the superintendent!!! it was a nightmare!!! do not bring your kids to the school. our kids were literally the only Caucasian kids in the entire school, it is absolutely horrible!!!! they can't talk during lunch, they have to March through the halls, if they don't cooperate, they have to have to sit on the dirty floor Indian style!!! they can't talk while at lunch and if they're caught they get punished like a military school......they don't allow little children to go use the restroom during classroom time and there was another child that actually peed in their entire pants onto the floor and embarrassed herself on several occasions and she cried and the teachers make the children massage their shoulders while it's reading time!!!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.....and lastly, the front staff are so rude!! BEWARE!

Lakeview Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Last year was our first year at this school. I will agree that the school is very very old and needs to be knocked down with a new school built on the land or bldg made into a historical site and new school built elsewhere (reason I gave just 3 stars). The environment can't even be compared with other newer schools. During some of my volunteer hours at the school, I did witness some very unhappy teachers. However, I will say that not all teachers there are mean. My kids had wonderful caring teachers who were very positive. As parents, it is very important to develop a good relationship with your childrens' teachers and school staff. It doesn't matter which school you send your kids to. My kids have been to 4 different schools in the last 4 years and I found that when I volunteer my time with the PTA and develop a relationship with the teachers, our experience at school is MUCH better. When I am not involved, then I can't expect the best. I worked full-time for 10 years and though it's a bit more difficult to be involved as a full-time professional, it is imperative to carve out time to be involved in the school. Teachers have one of the most demanding jobs.

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
Withdrew our child after the teacher scared him to tears and spoke to him with really harsh words. He felt unsafe after that. We gave it soem time but it want worth the stress he was under. He is doing amazingly well in his new school environment where he feels safe and cared for.

Posted September 17, 2012
DO NOT MAKE A BIG MISTAKE and bring your dear children to Lakeview! The teachers are bullies, threatening and neglectful to children. They are flat out rude and intimidating to small children and don't make the mistake that I did by not knowing the horrible, miserable and harsh environment that this school has to offer. Principal is uninvolved and is bullied herself by overbearing teachers and front office staff. School is way too harch in discipline and should be knocked down and rebuilt. Their more proud of their old historical building then having an enjoyable learning environment for the children. All the kids there look sad. They cant even go to the bathroom during lunch, only 'special times', can't get water 'only certain times', just ridicuous. Horribly ran school! Worst I have ever seen.

Posted September 17, 2012
ABUSIVE and RIGID teachers! Lakeview has a MEAN set of all staff and Principal isn't qualified to run the school. I have witnessed many negative happenings in this old decrepid school, but regardless of the unsafe school grounds, the staff are mean..from the front unwelcoming staff to the uninvolved Principal. Do not bring kids to this school. And for any parents that DO have kids in this STRICT and RIGID school, do a surprise visit and see what you notice yourself. I would bet that you see lots of unhappy children! Try it, I did it and it made me physically sick!

314 Lakeview Drive, Sugar Land, TX  77498
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.