Posted May 04, 2014
Literally, the best school ever. I am onto my third high school now due to moving a lot but this one was the best by far. It prepares you well and the teachers are well trained. Sometimes homework can get tough and you struggle in the beginning but by the end of each year you really feel like you've accomplished something. Oh, and whether you are in the top %10 or not.. this school is recognized across the country and most colleges are ready to accept a student from here. :)

Posted April 22, 2014
Although Clements can be tiring and mentally and physically exhausting (trust me, I rode a bus for 2 hours everyday just to attend this school), it is the best school I have been to in my entire life. I feel more prepared for college than I ever have. Clements exposes you to the real world like few other schools can.

Clements High School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
I totally agree with the pervious reviewers. The AP teachers are not qualified to teach. All they do is just hand out the most difficult tasks to see who can do it. Math and English tutors for Clements top students are making $65 or more per hour, but you will not able to get them there is a long waitlist. These tutors don't even have a degree. Go figure. A lot of parents have been complaining but no changes have occurred. Many of my neighbors send their children to private school. Some move to a different school to play the top 10% college game in Texas. Think twice before going to this school. If you do you will be paying lot of money for tutoring or end up paying tax for public school and the tutoring and pay for private school tuition.

Posted April 04, 2014
I think Clements is a great school but I will say that after reading the reviews I will Agree Clements sets the bar extremly high and if u r not a book worm U will struggle. I agree that biology has to be one of the most difficult subject at Clements Over 75% of the kids struggle my son being one of them And he tells me that most of the students have the struggles in Bioligy and there is great emphasis on AP classes with little HELP from staff. I do believe they prepare u for college and Has a higher ranking above privates schools. It is a safe school None violent environment and I really enjoy that about the school.

Posted January 20, 2014
I have to also say that my daughter repeated biology at the school and mentioned it to a peer. The peer told her that she cheated and passed biology. This isn't the first instance my daughter has told me about the cheating there. It is rampant. There is so much pressure on the kids with two - three tests each week, and two - three quizzes each week that is becomes a race for grades, attendance and passing. Ask your child about the cheating. Some teachers monitor, some could care less and some target. Just have your child study, maintain attendance and be the best he or she can be. FBISD HS are all pretty bad with discipline problems, cliques and teacher turn-over because the schools are getting over-populated with the growth in the area. Clements is worth the trouble. There are good people there and good administrators that do care. Just maintain contact with them. Remember, Clements is already over its student population because everyone wants to attend. I'm glad the school keeps up with attendance so that my daughter knows she needs to attend everyday.

Posted August 27, 2013
Amazing school I spent my last four years there. And I wasn't the best or anythin its just i tried and studied hard and I graduated with a 5.1 gpa. It prepares you well for college. I still had enough time to socialize along with three extracuricular activities. It definitely deserves five stars.

Clements High School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
As a former student of Clements, I know how hard it can be. I am not a naturally smart person, I had to work hard for the grades I got and sometimes working hard wasn't enough. I struggled a lot with math and science. In the end 3 points were what got me across that stage at graduation. Now don't get me wrong my average was a 2.8 out of 4. Not great, but I made mostly b's. I had a few ap classes. Problem is, after school tutorials didn't help. The teachers just did what they did in class. Basically you worked on your own. About 70% of the people who passed science cheated on every single test. I refused to cheat and this got a 69. Then had to re take it, and got a 73. There are some teachers who care but the ones who needed to, didn't. I never even met my councelor in all the four years I went there. When it was time to apply for college I didn't even know how. Oldest child. No school help. Parents went to school but they didn't have to do half te things we do. So I am at community college. Cuz I didn't fill out applications in time. I wih the school took everyone into consideration and not just the jocks and top 10%

Clements High School 1

Posted July 23, 2013
This school does not allow you to have a life... too much homework, too stressful, huge weed drug problem (if you are into athletics), and horrible teaching. they expect you to read the textbook every night, teach yourself, and take a test the next morning. They also pile you with tons of homework and don't realize that children also need time with their family and outside of school stuff. very disappointing... everyone competes for top 10% but of course only 10% of the people get there- mostly only the Asians. in fact. if you are white, you are automatically labeled "dumb" and your only hopes is to excel through athletics... this school was a huge regret. however, college is easy-peasy if you graduate. :)

Posted December 13, 2012
Clements certainly does prepares you for college but the some of the staff are very rude and unreasonable. One teacher in particular always used to tell us how stupid we were and assumed we never learned anything in junior high. Sometimes she would tell us not to take notes and to learn "by ourselves". Although it is understandable, I would like more than just a textbook to rely on when I take an exam. Some of the newer teachers are nicer and understanding when it comes to tests. As much as I love this school I wish the staff would understand I also have stuff to attend to at home other than homework and studying.

Posted October 23, 2012
Everyone makes Clements sound really tough but it's not that bad. Sure some kids stay up all night studying but that's only because they're taking harder classes than they can handle. I for one am taking 6 pre-AP/AP courses and made it into top 10%. I do around an hour of homework a night and a few on the weekend. There's still a lot of time to have fun and hang out. People have to realize Clements is going to be more competitive than other schools. That's what you signed up for going to the best high school in the district. It's not as bad as you may think just don't stress out.

Clements High School
4200 Elkins Dr, Sugar Land, TX  77479
Last modified Clements High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clements High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top