Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted July 06, 2016
Clements High school prepares you very well for college. They have a huge over crowding problem though. Most of my classes were filled completely and some times desks would needed to be moved in.

Clements High School 2

Posted August 27, 2015
Some inevitable problems caused by the latest FBISD school rezoning begin to emerge at Clements High School. The most obvious one is the severe traffic jam near school. People used to complain that GSA students made the school overcrowded. Now the problem is GETTING WORSE thanks to the new students from TELFAIR. The bad news is that the overcrowd issue is expected to become even worse with more Telfair students joining the school each year!!!!!!! Since the student population increase significantly, the teacher shortage issue at Clements become an even bigger problem. The FBISD has to recruit lots of young faculty members with little or no teaching experience causing an alarming slide in the quality of education at Clements.

Clements High School 1

Posted May 09, 2015
William P. Clements is a school with great test scores. It has a great swim team and it is great on paper. The problem with the school is the blatant disregard for students. Most of the teachers care about the grades and thats all. There are a handful of good teachers. Madden, Schaffer, and Garcia were are really amazing teachers, that actually taught. Other professors gave students pages to read and study guides for the test and that was it. Job done. It is unfortunate that this school does not prepare students for college. Socially, the school is terrible. If you aren't Asian you are in the minority. The caucasions in the school are mostly all snobby. If your child is one that needs to be socially stimulated to do well in a school environment, do not let them attend this school. Seniors are not given lockers unless they request one and even then, no one helps you find it. The people are rude, the staff are rude, and most of the teachers are there for their paycheck. Honestly, there is a handful of good staff and caring teachers. I already graduated from Clements and I can tell you, I was not prepared for college.

Posted May 04, 2014
Literally, the best school ever. I am onto my third high school now due to moving a lot but this one was the best by far. It prepares you well and the teachers are well trained. Sometimes homework can get tough and you struggle in the beginning but by the end of each year you really feel like you've accomplished something. Oh, and whether you are in the top %10 or not.. this school is recognized across the country and most colleges are ready to accept a student from here. :)

Posted April 22, 2014
Although Clements can be tiring and mentally and physically exhausting (trust me, I rode a bus for 2 hours everyday just to attend this school), it is the best school I have been to in my entire life. I feel more prepared for college than I ever have. Clements exposes you to the real world like few other schools can.

Clements High School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
I totally agree with the pervious reviewers. The AP teachers are not qualified to teach. All they do is just hand out the most difficult tasks to see who can do it. Math and English tutors for Clements top students are making $65 or more per hour, but you will not able to get them there is a long waitlist. These tutors don't even have a degree. Go figure. A lot of parents have been complaining but no changes have occurred. Many of my neighbors send their children to private school. Some move to a different school to play the top 10% college game in Texas. Think twice before going to this school. If you do you will be paying lot of money for tutoring or end up paying tax for public school and the tutoring and pay for private school tuition.

Posted April 04, 2014
I think Clements is a great school but I will say that after reading the reviews I will Agree Clements sets the bar extremly high and if u r not a book worm U will struggle. I agree that biology has to be one of the most difficult subject at Clements Over 75% of the kids struggle my son being one of them And he tells me that most of the students have the struggles in Bioligy and there is great emphasis on AP classes with little HELP from staff. I do believe they prepare u for college and Has a higher ranking above privates schools. It is a safe school None violent environment and I really enjoy that about the school.

Posted January 20, 2014
I have to also say that my daughter repeated biology at the school and mentioned it to a peer. The peer told her that she cheated and passed biology. This isn't the first instance my daughter has told me about the cheating there. It is rampant. There is so much pressure on the kids with two - three tests each week, and two - three quizzes each week that is becomes a race for grades, attendance and passing. Ask your child about the cheating. Some teachers monitor, some could care less and some target. Just have your child study, maintain attendance and be the best he or she can be. FBISD HS are all pretty bad with discipline problems, cliques and teacher turn-over because the schools are getting over-populated with the growth in the area. Clements is worth the trouble. There are good people there and good administrators that do care. Just maintain contact with them. Remember, Clements is already over its student population because everyone wants to attend. I'm glad the school keeps up with attendance so that my daughter knows she needs to attend everyday.

Posted August 27, 2013
Amazing school I spent my last four years there. And I wasn't the best or anythin its just i tried and studied hard and I graduated with a 5.1 gpa. It prepares you well for college. I still had enough time to socialize along with three extracuricular activities. It definitely deserves five stars.

Clements High School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
As a former student of Clements, I know how hard it can be. I am not a naturally smart person, I had to work hard for the grades I got and sometimes working hard wasn't enough. I struggled a lot with math and science. In the end 3 points were what got me across that stage at graduation. Now don't get me wrong my average was a 2.8 out of 4. Not great, but I made mostly b's. I had a few ap classes. Problem is, after school tutorials didn't help. The teachers just did what they did in class. Basically you worked on your own. About 70% of the people who passed science cheated on every single test. I refused to cheat and this got a 69. Then had to re take it, and got a 73. There are some teachers who care but the ones who needed to, didn't. I never even met my councelor in all the four years I went there. When it was time to apply for college I didn't even know how. Oldest child. No school help. Parents went to school but they didn't have to do half te things we do. So I am at community college. Cuz I didn't fill out applications in time. I wih the school took everyone into consideration and not just the jocks and top 10%

Clements High School
4200 Elkins Road, Sugar Land, TX  77479
Last modified Clements High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.