Sugar Land, TX
Students enrolled: 1,285

Sartartia Middle School 3

Posted May 13, 2015
Sartartia has very good teachers and AP's. They also have a good Sp Ed dept & try to work with the parents & child. As long as you never have to go beyond this, you will be fine. However, if you have to interact with the principal, Jennifer Nichols, she will choose her personal reputation over the welfare of your child. As others have stated, it's hard to make friends here, & if you become a victim, then just give it up. Mrs. Nichols will not admit to any wrong-doing, any bullying, teasing, name calling, spreading of rumors or exclusion by other students. She will cave into a parent if they claim anything is racially based, no matter if that has nothing to do with it. Sartartia is a highly rated school, and heaven help if you try to put a blemish on that! I believe if they had another principal, who cared about the students more than herself, then this would be the excellent school it should be. Sartartia is a place where the principals move up and out. So, the principal does not want anything negative about them out there. It is a shame that the principal here does not care about the students as much as the teachers do.

Posted April 04, 2012
i go to this skool and its not a good school always fights happenin when teachers arent looking too much saggin problems and kids cannot control their behavior.,

Posted January 05, 2012
I once went to the school, personally i really think its a horrible school. I had no friends even when i reached our to them and took a advise from my old classmate back in first. I see fighting when the staff aren't looking and even the students won't confess they saw any fighting at all because they were "threatened" to? I just don't know. I don't think it is related to the school but the people.

Posted June 20, 2011
I am in high school now and i have to say that sartartia middle school goes beyond what you need to know to do well. I feel as though by going to Sartartia, high school has been a breeze. Not only does Sartartia have an amazing staff, they also trained and taught the kids good behavior, etc. Even being one of the best middle schools in texas, they still allow everyone to have fun. A lot of kids acted like they hated the school but they really don't understand how much better it is than most, if not all, the middle schools in the district. The school thrived in fine arts and athletics as well. Going to sartartia was the complete experience and i wouldn't have traded that in for anything.

Posted November 19, 2010
I'm attending Sartartia Middle School for my seventh grade year, and I think it's excellent. It has a great, strong GT/Pre-AP program. They offer Honors-High School classes (Honors Algebra, Geometry), and the teachers are very thorough in explaining. Also, the music program is wonderful; every year they allow the students to take on Region and UIL competitions. A wide range of extra-curricular activities are offered (Drama club, art club, Math Counts, etc.) for students who want to take a class but do not have elective time in their schedule. Also, the school is really serious about TAKS scores; they want the highest scores therefore push students to do their best by giving extra teachings during advisory for those who need it. Excellent sports program (although they refuse to fix the track field) Great school

Sartartia Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2010
im going to sartartia for seventh grade and im rlly nervous im in band and going to do band and basketball and i dont know if ill like the school is it fun

Posted September 25, 2009
As I teacher, this is the most amazing campus. I have been here for 5 years and can tell you the campus is based on continuous improvement. All the teachers are at the top of their academic careers, with many holding Masters degrees. I had a choice of where to work in Sugar Land, and I chose Sartartia. I am blessed everyday to work here.

Posted April 16, 2009
Sarttartia Middle School is the worst school. my soon was there for three years and got no respect from the teachers. He never learned anything either.

Posted March 08, 2009
It's not that great of a school. It's not bad, but I really think some of the teachers there are biased against some of the students. I used to love band, but ever since I've joined their band program, I hated playing my instrument. I am now in High school, and I still think joining band in that school was the worst thing I've done in my middle school life.

Posted March 27, 2008
We LOVE this school. Our daughter has a a great experience there and I would highly recommend it. I personally got to experience some unique insight into the school doing 8th grade career day as a speaker. Over the course of the day I had the chance to visit with most of the 8th grade students. I was impressed with not only their academic preparation but also their insight and more importantly their respect of a parent telling them about a professional career. From the principal to multiple classroom teachers I ve gotten to know the staff over the years and don t have a single complaint. Choose a house zoned to this school and you ll have no regrets.

8125 Homeward Way, Sugar Land, TX  77479
Last modified Sartartia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sartartia Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top