Public charter
Sunnyvale, TX

Posted January 04, 2011
The promise of better funding & more resources has been made from the beginning. The admin is excited & believes in the children but that alone doesn t educate a child. The academic quality of the school is far behind public schools. While public schools have their own faults there is much to be said for the resources they have, the educational expertise & years of experience. I never realized how important that is until our time @ ECIA. It wasn't long till my children were asking for challenging work & were bored in class. Many teachers were frustrated w the situation too. We spoke w the teachers & admin several times about this & they appeared to be concerned but nothing changed. I agree w a previous poster that Christianity is openly taught. While teachers don't 'bring it up' it is encouraged to be brought up so it can then be discussed. Actually, it's not broad Christianity that s taught but specific beliefs & doctrines. Thankfully we just made the decision to pull our children out when one of my children came home in shock that a teacher there had openly & vigorously reproved him for the beliefs we are teaching our children.

Posted October 15, 2010
As a parent who had a child at this school last year I realized too far into the year that what my child was learning was not what she needed to be able to compete in a public school. We transferred her to the neighborhood school and the changes in her behavior and desire to learn is remarkable. At the PS she is listened to, and treated as a person capable of learning not just a student who is taking up space in the classroom. I was so horrible disappointed in 90% of the teaching staff and the administration staff that I can't even begin to describe my feelings. This year I understand things are different but not all good - this school needs to be shut down.

Education Center International Academy 2

Posted September 11, 2010
INSENSITIVITY. I am disappointed. After a note from my son's third grade teacher that he was complaining and whining, I sent a long note explaining that he had a strained or sprained foot that he was wearing ace bandage and brace for. Even with the note I found out when I picked him up that despite his crying he was still ordered to run laps. He was holding onto the fence when I picked him up. I had actually written two notes prior to his e-ray and orthopedic shoe. The year before we had a principal parent conference regarding an incident we regarded as very serious. We never heard back from the principal after that meeting.

Posted July 22, 2010
I was a student at this school. The teachers had good hearts, as well as the rest of the administration, but I wasn't learning much. I am a very good learner in science, but the teacher there was hard to understand and only read straight from the book and gave us a tes thenext day. I am an advanced student, and so I am thankful I learned everything I need to know the year before, so I don't have to catch up in the summer like I would've had to if I were a normal student. Please, do not send your children there, you will regret it. They do not get a proper education that they will need for future references. The only good thing I can praise about this school is that they have a really good Technology Application class for all grades.

Education Center International Academy 4

Posted June 02, 2010
I taught at ECIA Arlington and I must say that even though they may not have a lot of resources, they do have teachers who truly care and want the best for their students. Not only do they work hard to teach academics, but they also work side by side with the parents in helping them shape their children's character and training them to be strong leaders in their generation. And as for the lack of resources, that is subject to change!

Education Center International Academy 0

Posted April 25, 2010
We are disappointed with this school. It doesn't have enough funding and experienced staff. They dream big. But, fall very short. They openly teach christianity to the kids. They have good bible studies.

Posted September 20, 2009
My children went to this school last year and I found it to be a disappointment. Although the administration is kind they continually build the school up to be something it's not. It seems to me they have funding issues and are not able to hire enough decent teachers or enough textbooks. Plus, in middle school two grades are put in one class. I've decided to homeschool my kids again this year rather than send them back. The people have good hearts but that doesn't make up for a decided lack of educational quality.

Education Center International Academy 5

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted March 23, 2009

Education Center International Academy 3

Posted October 08, 2008
Unfortunately this school did not work out for my little guy. He was far too advanced for their curriculum and the studies didn't quite keep him motivated. We only spent a few short weeks there, however we did gain many new lovely friends and really did enjoy the family-oriented atmosphere. The kindergaten grade level is geared towards kiddos who have never been in a school environment or away from home.

Education Center International Academy
302 North Town East Boulevard, Sunnyvale, TX  75182
Last modified Education Center International Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Education Center International Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top