Taylor, TX

Posted March 18, 2014
The schoool is a joke along with the principal and administration. Never in my life have i had to deal with such rude and unhelpful people in my life. This is why i am deciding after 13 years and me going to this school district along with my parent... to take my children out of the district. I will not have the administration try to bulley me or my children to make things go away.

Taylor Middle School 2

Posted January 01, 2014
There is no challenge in the the classroom. I guessing they want "everyone" to be sure and pass so the expectations are low. My son should be in the AP class's but there wasn't enough room. Instead he is in the other classes and has not has homework(that he has not been able to complete at the school) since day 1. It is too easy. He is not challenged. He is going to struggle on his ACTS. I love the principal and I think the teachers have really good hearts. Their kindness and care aren't going to increase my son's knowledge.

Posted December 23, 2013
This school is a joke. I have never had so many problems with any other school even when i lived in dallas. My daughter and my son were constantly bullied last yr in high school and everytime i would tell the school whats going on they would act concerned and then go about there business. My son was also video taped getting beatin up in the locker room yet he somehow got in trouble with the person that broke his ribs cause they say he stood up of the bench. yes thats it just stood up never threw a punch. To make a long story short i am now in trouble with the court for truancy. And trust me the judge doesnt care what the reason is she says there all excuses. One way or another Taylor school district will get there money trust me! I have been at this school for 4 yrs now i have so much more i would love to say but only so many characters. The bottom line is we are looking into moving or doing what needs to be done to get our kids out of this horrible school.

Posted November 20, 2009
The school in unorganize, if you are not in there little group, you do not know what is going on. You find out the last minute if there a special event happening. My grandson seem to have gone backward since he advance up to the middle school. Confuse and concern about it. Just not one to talk to about it. Everyone make excuses or says we will look into and never gets back to you.

Posted June 06, 2009
Taylor schools does an extremely poor job of preparing students for matriculation. There is a history of poor education and proverty in this agricultural district.

Posted November 10, 2008
this school is very bad at the learning skills. ym daughter is failing science because of her class. they are constantly being disrespectful to teacher, throwing things,cheating on test, icant stand it!

Taylor Middle School 5

Posted March 06, 2008
I am very pleased with the teachers at Taylor Middle School. The new principal is a strict disciplinarian. The administration cares about my child, and the teachers are doing everything to ensure my child has the best education.

Posted June 08, 2007
Extracurricular activities have recently taken a back seat due to a push to improve TAKS scores.

Taylor Middle School 5

Posted February 14, 2007
I am very pleased with the school. The teachers I have met really seem to care about educating the students and I have been very impressed with communication between the schools and parents. I also feel my child is safe and they do adhere to a strict zero tolerance and are quick to respond to situations.

Taylor Middle School 4

Posted February 12, 2006
The teachers and administrators at TMS really care about every student. They work very hard to teach them to value their education and to care about others. The school has had assemblies to teach expected behavior and dances to reward students who follow the rules. All parents receive newsletters, are invited to go to the campus anytime, and are encouraged to join the Partners in Education group. The school has had family nights for fun and learning. The parents who have been the Principal For A Day have gotten an inside look at how the school runs, and have seen that while not everything is perfect, there is a whole lot of effort going into making it an exemplary school. Many parents are too busy to go to school, or to check their son's homework, but at TMS there are adults who will help students succeed before, during and after school.

304 Carlos G Parker Boulevard Northwest, Taylor, TX  76574
Last modified Taylor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top