Bad
Good

Over all, a very positive experience at this school. However, the school administration should get involved in the selection process for the PALS program or just eliminate it all together. My child is a straight A student and very loved by the teachers. He couldn't wait to apply to the PALS program. When he finally got the chance, the Teen Leadership teacher rated him with all one's (lowest) on the teacher assessment, while other teachers rated him the highest. He was automatically eliminated from the process and wasnt allowed to interview. He was very hard on himself since a teacher rated him so low, and a little depressed about losing his chance at the PALS program. He would have been more understanding if eliminated by his peers following an interview. In the end it was a valuable learning opportunity but hurtful, none the less.

The teachers are in general pretty good, but some are hard to get along with. My counselor, Mrs. Tepera, was absolutely wonderful. She seemed to take an interest in every one of her students, which is no easy feat since that's half the school. I did not particularly like the principal. The PALs program was wonderful for me. I felt like I was really making a difference. When Mrs. Street retires it will probably lose most of its greatness and become like it is at the other middle schools. They didn't seem to be able to do very much. Their no tolerance bullying policy is WONDERFUL. It makes the school a safer place to have your awkward stage;-) Academics are all right. I was able to sail right through with no struggle in anything but 6th and 7th grade math. The algebra teachers are just fantastic. They made it seem so easy, and they have a 100% passing rate on the EOC. No small feat for such a large school. All in all, a pretty good school. One more note on the PAL program: be a little wary of it. Depending on the kids, who have a very large hand in picking the next years PALs, sometimes the right people are chosen, and sometimes not. It is typically harder for the less-confident.

This is a great school, we had a great experience here for three full years but this school would be improved if they got rid of the PALS program which is hurtful to so many kids that are qualified to be in the program and get rejected so easily for all the wrong reasons, Also, Tennis and Swimming are not part of the athletics program and students in these sports have limited access to certain facilities and very little recognition. These sports are highly athletic and individually challenging and the school could do more to build these students up. Academics at this school is excellent, teachers and leadership is also excellent! We are very pleased with our experience here.

Excellent experience at this school for three years. Plenty of opportunities for advanced students. There is one particular sixth grade science teacher that almost ruined my child's love for science because she is just an angry person but otherwise teachering staff have been wonderful, leadership is excellent, and vice principals are always available to help resolve any concerns.

We moved from Kisd to Bisd this school year and what an improvement! Grades can be viewed online to date and I am even notified if a grade falls below the average I have set for notification! Teachers are wonderful about contacting parents and responding back very quickly if I contact them. This is the best move I feel we could have made for our daughter.

I did not like this school at all. I took two of my children out of there. The teachers are overwhelmed with to many children to look after, therefore are not very polite at all with the children or visiting parents. Yes, they have good academics, yes they have extracurricular activities, and yes there is parent involvement, however, there seemed to be less involvement of the teachers. My children will never attend there again! Thank You.

This school has a great friendly environment. The children feel safe and welcome. Teachers are quick to get back to you and help in any situation. I really enjoy my daughter going to Lake Belton.

Last modified Lake Belton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.