Posted January 20, 2014
This school is amazing. The leadership is simply the best around. If you go to them for anything, they are there for you 100%. The principal makes an effort to greet every child she sees each morning by name! The teachers teach in ways that make learning fun and hands on.

Joe M Pirtle Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2013
Very dissapointed in my child's experience at this school. Most of the teachers are great and seem to enjoy what they do but there are a few that are really bad and treat the children badly. There is no reliable way to report concerns without retaliation and there is no accountability from leadership..

Joe M Pirtle Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2013
If you put your complete trust in the school, ignore your children when they cry, and never ask any questions..... your experience at this school will be just fine. Parents are not treated as partners at this school.

Posted October 28, 2012
I have my two kids going to this school right from Kindergarten ... loved all the teachers. They are very encouraging. Gives an extra effort for one struggling. That is commendable. First weeks parents are allowed to walk kids to the classroom and then from third week they walk by themselves and if they need help ..there are office staff who help them to the classroom. Even parents can, they just need to sign the visitor register. Which I think is good as Parents in the hallway make it very chaotic ...and otherwise kids are amazing at the hallways. Would give all credits to the staff. Great school...

Joe M Pirtle Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
We really enjoyed our child's teacher but feel there could be improvements in so many ways. We came from another district and are pretty disappointed. We are used to schools that are heavy in the parent involvement which leads to really amazing events. We miss our old school. - Lack of extra curricular activities -Only has PE and music no art or language classes -Parent involvement is not very welcome -lunchtime kids get treated like military -heavy on worksheets -watch a lot of videos not pertaining to curriculum -

Joe M Pirtle Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
To rate this school is not to hard, it has a great outlook, but needs to put the parent back into there place, this school also needs checks and balances, which it doesn't have and to be the best there must be checks and balances.

Posted August 15, 2009
my daughter goes to Pirtle and I honestly couldnt ask for a better principle and staff! We love it!

Posted May 14, 2009

Posted February 21, 2009
We have been at Pirtle for 4 years now; I have two children who attend. Pirtle has a new principal, Mrs. Neves, this year who has brought a feeling of unity to the teachers and parents; a big improvement. The majority of the teachers seem to truly care about their job and have a love for the students. Belton schools acheive great test scores each year. I would say that is due the community of families who care for their children and their education as well as the school system. Pirtle offers PE and music everyday which my kids love. One negative might be that the teachers don't seem to need or want parental help in the classrooms other than party day planning. I will be sad to leave the Belton area this summer because of the safe, supportive, family-oriented community.

Posted August 27, 2006

Joe M Pirtle Elementary School
714 South Pea Ridge Road, Temple, TX  76502
Last modified Joe M Pirtle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe M Pirtle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top