Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Herman Furlough Middle School is full of teachers who are not only top of the line in their content, but who build relationships with their students. Over the past several years, the bar and standard at HFMS has been raised and the proof is in the product. Love this school and their staff!

This school has caused my blood pressure to go up numerous times throughout this school year. It is true the communication is horrible. The staff members do not communicate to the kids or parents about events that are going on. My daughter was in basketball and she was left at school because no one told her and another student it was time to go. Instead of the coach which to my knowledge has no experience taking responsibility he blamed the student. Unfortunately, this is the only middle school in Terrell so the staff members and principal takes advantage of this because if you want to stay in Terrell they know you have to put up with them.

Mean principal to my family and granddaughter. Unfair treatment and using her as scapegoat. Prayer is needed for Mr Thompson.

This is my third child to go through HFMS. I will say it just keeps improving. The school district has seen huge changes in the last couple of years, from a new superintendent, new administration and new teachers. I shadowed my daughter at school today. The teachers were great, they were very invested and involved in each students education. I seen a lot of one on one time to make sure each student understood what was being taught. I loved seeing the principle pop in and out of the classrooms and standing in the halls talking to the students between classes. Great job on rebuilding the schools TISD..

i love HFMS it is so awesome the teachers are great some parent think its bad and stuff but really they grow up with mean teachers were growing up to nice teachers and i dont care what yall say about our middle school it rocks its just that u cant always be learnig u have to have fun in some point and that is what our middle school do for us and i miss all my friends and teachers but dont worry i well be back HFMS

It seems Terrell ISD has MAJOR communication issues. Despite an automated call out system- POOR overall comunication with parents.One incident involving a student occured and horrible Rumors circulated. The district took 4 days to address the issue with a blanket statement. Buses ran over an hour late one day and no notification to parents. This in freezing weather as my child stood outside waiting on the bus. The Pre-AP classes were ok according to my student. Dress Code too strict when they tell you what color socks to wear. Horrible cussing by students on the buses ( according to both my students) . I arrived one day at lunch to see my student and I walk in to the cafeteria area to hear a female ADULT screaming at the kids in the cafeteria over the microphone. Not acceptable! I WOULD SUGGEST SCHOOLING YOUR CHILDREN ELSEWHERE IF POSSIBLE.

Best school ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my teachers are ms.Wood ws. Wong mrs.Candler mr.Goodson mr.Daniel ms.Miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3 luv yall lots it k.B.

This is my last year here at HFMS and I can honestly say I am going to miss this school alot.Even though some of the rules we have to follow are unacceptable and dumb I still love it here. The teachers are great and they have great dicipline skills.

My name is calvin kennedy there not too great but they are good and they dealt with my discipline problems and thats why i gave them above average my teachers was great especially my teacher mrs.Hutson she was my favorite teacher.

Last modified Herman Furlough Jr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.