Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son attended Wood Elementary for his 4th and 5th grade school years and I am so pleased. Jackie Cooper is such a jewel. She is so comfortable and genuine and honestly loves the children at Wood. I can tell that she wants to see each and every student succeed and encourages them to work hard and be respectful and kind. I love the way the staff rewards the students for their behavior. Anytime I have visited the campus it has been orderly and their is an atmosphere of happiness. I love Wood Elementary and so does my son. Thank you !!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

There have only been a few times where homework was too lengthy. For the most part my son can get his homework done at school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff set the example for the students. I think it's just contagious at this school.

Awesome teachers! All the teachers my son has had are communicative, caring, thoughtful, always willing to help you in whatever you might need. For any child to succeed parents need to be involve in all they do! ;) GREAT PRINCIPAL TOO!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers,staff treat each and every student with respect. And teachers will always keep u updated on your child's progress.

Do not like this school, nir the vice principle turner. My son use to love going to school but dreads going now. My wife and I are constantly at the school we've threaten to go to the superintendent sincr then my child has been having problens out of his teachers. Please don't send your kids here. As a maytet of fact vuew the ratings for the school, its low.

Poor parent Communication. We had a teacher change in the middle of the first semester in 5th grade and we still have not received a note or anything home about the change or an introduction to the new teacher. Email addresses are old on the website and included teachers/Staff that retired last year and it didnt have new teachers for this year listed. As of Jan 1, one teacher had not had access to her voice mail( 5 months of school year had gone by). I feel the principal is making an attempt to improve things and she has been the fastest at returning calls and emails. I am disappointed in many of the assignments being worked on by the students as they are not addressing the objectives but seem more just busy work. I have had no communication as to progress in reading level or lexile level. I fear that my student will do very poorly on the standardized test as I have seen no growth this year.

The new principal is doing a great job working with teachers, students, parents, and the community!

In my opinion this worst school ever. We have had nothing but problems .. My daughter was loving school until now .. Can't wait move and have fresh start somewhere else..

The principal and staff are working together to bring the students, parents and teachers together for the one goal of success for our children.

Last modified Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.