Posted May 31, 2014
Do not like this school, nir the vice principle turner. My son use to love going to school but dreads going now. My wife and I are constantly at the school we've threaten to go to the superintendent sincr then my child has been having problens out of his teachers. Please don't send your kids here. As a maytet of fact vuew the ratings for the school, its low.

Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School 2

Posted February 25, 2013
Poor parent Communication. We had a teacher change in the middle of the first semester in 5th grade and we still have not received a note or anything home about the change or an introduction to the new teacher. Email addresses are old on the website and included teachers/Staff that retired last year and it didnt have new teachers for this year listed. As of Jan 1, one teacher had not had access to her voice mail( 5 months of school year had gone by). I feel the principal is making an attempt to improve things and she has been the fastest at returning calls and emails. I am disappointed in many of the assignments being worked on by the students as they are not addressing the objectives but seem more just busy work. I have had no communication as to progress in reading level or lexile level. I fear that my student will do very poorly on the standardized test as I have seen no growth this year.

Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School 5

Posted January 21, 2013
The new principal is doing a great job working with teachers, students, parents, and the community!

Posted June 02, 2011
In my opinion this worst school ever. We have had nothing but problems .. My daughter was loving school until now .. Can't wait move and have fresh start somewhere else..

Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2010
The principal and staff are working together to bring the students, parents and teachers together for the one goal of success for our children.

Posted August 06, 2008
I have decided to remove my son from this school. He too was being bullied last year. The teachers seem to have no control over the class rooms. My son went from making 'A-B' honor roll to making straight 'C's and was asking my wife and I to let him change schools. From what I see the Terrell ISD deals more with discipline problems than educating a child. They have to spend more time fixing problems while the student that is there to actually learn suffers.

Posted June 10, 2008
Well, I have not had the best experiences with this school. My granddaughter is a student there and she has been subjected to bullying and ridicule. She is very self-conscious about her weight and has been teased unmercifully. I have gone to the administrative staff for help and have ended up having to deal with it myself. I don't know if they are afraid of the students, or if they are afraid they will upset certain parents, but we have kind of been on our own on these issues. Oh, they listen and even agree that it's not a good situation, but if something gets done, it's me that does it.

Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2006
I think the programs are fine. The music and art activities are fine.The problem I have with this school is the bullying and the lack of help for the victims.

Posted May 31, 2006
Wood is a fair school, it offers education to well behaved students that can learn easily. The teachers and leadership at this school are quick to judge students and don t attempt to know the children on individual bases. They do not try to help the students in need of certain life defining skills, but instead work to improve the skills of those who have had an easy time of grasping concepts.

Posted April 19, 2006
Quality of education is fair. Music, art, and computer are rotated on a 9 week basis. Extracurricular activities are very limited. Parental involvement is severely lacking.

Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School
121 Poetry Road, Terrell, TX  75160
Last modified Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr Bruce Wood Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top