Texarkana, TX

Posted May 17, 2015
May children received a stellar education at Pleasant Grove High School. Active, involved and leaders, both of my children were able to participate in multiple programs as well as maintain upper level classes and a great GPA. Multiple scholarship winners, my children earned a free college education based upon their extra-curricular activities, academic standing and community service/volunteer hours. All of their post high school preparation was incorporated into their daily life as a PG student. Hawk Nation rocks!

Posted March 27, 2014
I attended Pleasant Grove from Pre-K to 12th Grade and it is by far the best School district in Texarkana. The teachers spend a lot of time helping you learn the material, rather than just touch and going it. The school has amazing extra curricular activities not limited to athletics. I have many friends that I graduated with that art was their extra curricular activity. The clubs are starting to grow at the school also. HOSA is one that has come a long way since I was in school. PG prepares you for college rather than just the standardized test you take at the end of the year. I am very grateful for this school and I appreciate all that they have done for me.

Posted January 26, 2010
Our overall experience at Pleasant Grove has been excellent. I maintain an excellent dialog with the teachers through email, which is a lot more practical than phone, and more considerate of both our schedules. I get responses mostly same day. We also use the on-line grade site to keep up with the progress of the students. It is a wonderful tool. Lots of extracurricular choices for the kids often keep us busy, as they have so much to choose from. The school is always immaculate as far as 'health hazzards' are concerned. The cafeteria and facilities are well maintained. Students are supported by a wonderful parent group in whichever activity we have followed, a very concerned and involved group of adults willing to volunteer. The faculty is as much a part of the community as we are, most of them are in the stands cheering on their own kids. Thanks PG!

Posted November 02, 2008
Pleasant Grove is a wonderful environment for a person to go to school. The staff does a fantastic job and the academics never cease to be top-notch, with lots of choices including AP, Honors, Pre-AP, and Dual Credit options. The athletics program has done an outstanding job so far this year, improving even on last year's performances. Over the summer, the district updated everything in all of the classrooms- overhead projectors were exchanged for new HD projectors, new screens were put up, the walls were repainted, new carpet was put in, the teachers all received new computers, and new buildings are being erected for the art and athletics departments. Oh, and all of the teachers have had their own cell phones for about five years now, so I'm pretty sure they have been able to communicate with parents just fine.

Pleasant Grove High School 2

Posted July 14, 2008
The school is generally speaking in a time warp. The teachers do not have basic equipment such as telephones for parent communication and classrooms lack state-of-the-art technology. The facilities are a health hazard and dicipline is not consistent. Teachers do an outstanding job, but are often too overloaded to focus on individual students.

Posted January 05, 2007
PG is a small school that offers a lot. The students have fun with after school actives that you would get at a much larger school. The students are very friendly and the teachers are great. The Principal is outstanding. He is fair and open to work with all family needs. My daughter loved this school and I would say she would tell you that you can't do better.

Posted January 11, 2006
We love PG. The parents are involved and the teachers care. You can be a cheerleader and also in the band! The academics are incredible. They really teach with love. The athletics program is head and shoulders above other schools. My daughter was a cheerleader (a 6th pd class) and she also was on the bb team.

Posted August 10, 2003
Pleasant Grove High School's biggest selling points are its extracurricular opportunities and college prep/AP programs. Pleasant Grove provides extensive extracurricular programs with quality, well-versed sponsors and unparalleled student leadership. The entire district is dedicated to producing experienced and prepared young adults. Pleasant Grove actually allows any student to go as far in their educational pursuits as the state of Texas permits.

Pleasant Grove High School
5406 McKnight Road, Texarkana, TX  75503
Last modified Pleasant Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Grove High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top