Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
This must be the Our Lady of Fatima way of doing things. My children attend OLOF in Galena Park, Texas. Our experience with our first grader and with the school mirrors yours. I will go in and rate them now for their unprofessionalism, inability to return change unless asked, noncertified teachers and counselors, retaliation against students when parent complaints are made, inability to speak with the principal in a timely manner, confrontational verbal and physical stance, excessive fundraisers, and inability to explain policies when asked.

Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School 1

Posted September 14, 2011
New to OLOF this year. Our child is in the first grade class/ pros: small class size total of 11 students, nice buildings and gymnasium. Very proactive principal. Good coach. cons: Lack of information and organization. the mandatory fundraising seems excessive. NO teacher parent communication in the first grade class. NO feedback from first grade teacher, NO notice or explanation for punishment. NO weekly objectives or information on what is happening in first grade. First grade teacher is rigid and uncompromising. We were very happy enrolling our first grader here. But many concerns have come up. in the past week with the first grade teacher and there is no system in place for resolution. The teacher has targeted one student who is punished and disciplined daily which we reported to the principal and now our child is also suffering the same type of abuse. Phone calls and letters had had little response. I am not sure if the other grades have these issues. We did not think we would have any concerns with a private school but it would seem that it is worse as there is no recourse or accountability when teaching methods are in question.

Posted March 05, 2007

Posted February 08, 2007
Our Lady of Fatima is a really good school because it is Catholic,and when we are there we live in the christian way.We learn many things and our teachers are just wonderful.We have P.E.,and we also have Spanish class.My favorite subject is library,because in our library we have lots of different books to read. This is the best school I've ever heard of,or been to, because I go there,so read more about it and get involved!

Posted January 16, 2007
Awesome School...!!! My kids love it.

Posted August 26, 2003
Ten thumbs up if I had that many. My nine year old daughter has never been happier. I transferred her from public school last year and oh my what a difference. A lot of one on one, low teacher/student ratio and great teacher/parent communication. If at all possible, seek the school out and join the family!

Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School
1600 9th Avenue North, Texas City, TX  77590
Last modified Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top