Posted June 06, 2014
After reading reviews, I was hesitant to send my daughter to Camey. We have been very pleased with all of the teachers at Camey. Not only do the students get Art, Music and PE but they also have Drama which my daughter absolutely loves! All the teachers my daughter has had at Camey are wonderful. The vibe in the front office has gone from an unhappy one to a much more positive upbeat vibe. I'm excited for the changes coming to Camey Elementary.

Posted October 10, 2013
Tonight attended the PTA/parent Appreciation dinner and the 3rd grade presentation at Camey Elementary. I am a member of the PTA and am often astounded by the dedication of the parents and the teachers. 18 area restaurants donated a variety of delicious food for the families to enjoy and to mingle. We all had a grand time and enjoyed catching up after the long summer. There is no school tomorrow and free tickets to the state fair were given to each student. Texas pride runs deep and is encouraged! The annual Turkey Trot is next week and all the kids from the school will participate and be given a shirt for being part of this fun and healthy lifestyle encouraging activity. The school is always involved in the community and values hard work, commitment and instills a desire to help others and your community. It is indeed a great school and we are blessed that our children are able to attend there!

Camey Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
This school can definitely be very challenging . Most of the teachers rule with an iron fist, the office staff is rude and disorganized, the principal and vice principal are very defensive. I'm disappointed that my kids have to attend this school!!

Camey Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2012
I am in COMPLETE agreement with the most recent commenters. This school is entirely too uptight and spends more time writing children up than educating. If a 2nd grader has 52 Written Referrals..... how much time is the teacher actually spending teaching?! It seems to me to that they need to be more concerned about working with the child and not relinquishing their authority to the principal (who I agree is NEVER there) and the vice principal. Once you lose your ability to correct and deal with a situation in class.... you are DOOMED for the remainder of the school year with the children.

Camey Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2012
I agree with the parent review dated 12/10/11. I too am not comfortable with this principal and other staff's reactions when confronted with concerns regarding my child. I feel the principal has control issues and if an idea is not hers, she shoots it down. Some of the suggestions/recommendations I have been given relating to issues with my child have been ridiculous! I am sure there are some parents that do not speak up for their kids as they don't get anywhere. I also feel that the teachers are too harsh on the kids during lunch time.

Posted December 03, 2011
I have wonderful experience with Camey. Teachers are great. I was little concerned when my older son started Kindergarten but now he is a third grader and love school. He is always excited to go to school. Teachers are great, very loving and caring. Principal knows all kids by name. Kids just love her. My younger son started Kindergarten this year and he has learned so much and excited to go to school everyday as well... Love the school and teachers

Posted June 30, 2011
Camey school staff, teachers, and office are staff are very effective. My son is a second grader at this school and he enjoys the school. Good activities and the PTA is active and involved.

Camey Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Camey has the best students and teachers in the Lewisville ISD. The students work extremely hard daily, and many of them attend Saturday school to help do well on their grades and the TAKS test. The teachers and principal and assistant principal pull together for the betterment of the kids in any given situation. It is a Title I school, but received the highest rating on TAKS last year due to hard work and school spirit!! Go Cobras....

Camey Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
I agree and disagree on all counts.Camey has really helped my daughter with everything a school should teach.Since I would not / or am I not a teacher, haveing more than 20 per class in the K , is a handful to deal with. I think the teaches are doing the best that they can with what they have..As far as the Pricnipal..I agree..I don't know what her job is, But she is never there, not polite, and not friendly, the staff at the office and the principal should have BETTER people skills..

Camey Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2010
The kids are too loud. My son has had to sign the book more then one time in lunch for forgetting his fork. And his pe on e told him if he went to the bathroom during pe he had to sign the book. My son wet his pants that day because he was scared of getting in trouble. Besides of a few mis used signs and lunch so early with no snack and my son having to go to recess 30min before school I have enjoyed camey. Hopefully the above issues can be adressed before next year.

Camey Elementary School
4949 Arbor Glen Road, The Colony, TX  75056
Last modified Camey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.