Posted May 07, 2014
I have two kids at this school and am very pleased with the level of education they are getting. The dual language program is excellent and I also appreciate the rotation of specials they get on a daily basis. Overall, the school could use extra parental involvement but the staff and teachers do an excellent job serving our kids!

Peters Colony Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2013
Peters Colony Elementary School It's freaky that the teachers all wear the same thing. It's like they are trying to prove to the largely hispanic population that they are in control of their children, they are extremely strict, not allowing parents in the building during school hours. Also pick up time is a nightmare, I have never seen a school have such a ridiculous pick up regiment. You must drive to pick up your child, or walk, you cannot do one thing one day and something different the next. It takes 30 minutes to get your child from school, at least yesterday it was 45. If you have other children at other schools you have to get it throws a wrench in that. I have had elementary aged children for 21 years and have had them enrolled in multiple schools and this one is the worst, I have taken my children out of this school. I hope the people that are not here legally realize that this school does not own their children, they really make it seem like they do. Somebody in charge there has a power trip going on. Good riddance Peters Colony. Parent involvement gets one star simply because the school does not encourage the involvement, they would prefer no parents at all.

Posted September 25, 2012
My daughter who is currently in 4th grade has been going to the school since Kinder. It is a great school with dedicated teachers and a wonderful and caring administration staff. It's like sending my child off to be with family everyday. The school has a large ESL population and the school provides dual language classes for them. My daughter has picked up quite a bit of Spanish from her classmate, a teacher not hers who would give her a phrase every day to learn and our neighbor. I had an opportunity to move to another home and would not because it meant taking my daughter out of this wonderful elementary school. I ranked parent involvement a 3 because I see the same parents participating in all events. Those parents are terrific but it would be great if other parents were also involved

Peters Colony Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2012
Sent my daughter here for one year (Kinder) and was so disappointed with the quality of the school, I pulled her out and home schooled her. The school has a large segment of ESL children, so kids who have a grasp of English are forced to learn at a slower pace. Additionally, there was little to no communication from the school regarding issues and events to parents. Unacceptable in the day an age when a simple email can be shared at the press of a button. My daughter was scheduled to be evaluated for the GT program. We were informed that she would be tested. However, after the initial communication, and despite numerous inquiries on our behalf, we were given no further information. As it turns out, (probably due to over taxed teachers) the deadline for testing came and went and my daughter was left behind. One more thing, my daughters teacher was sick one day. Since the school could not find a sub, they put her in an ESL classroom...for the entire day. Mind you, my daughter does not speak Spanish. Complete waste of time and taxpayer dollars. I give the school 2 stars because it has four walls and a nurse on staff.

Posted August 29, 2011
I have never seen so many driven, caring, highly qualified, and dedicated teachers in one location. Everyone from the administrators to the para professionals are involved in student success. Their success is celebrated school wide. I'm proud to be a part of such an inspiring campus where learning and working is fun.

Posted November 28, 2010
My son was transferred from Owen, and it's like a whole different country. The curriculum is well rounded, unbiased, and healthy, and the teachers and principal do so much to ensure the success of every child. Every child.

Posted January 21, 2010
The teachers at Peters Colony are committed to the students. The school holds many events to promote parent involvement (PtA programs, curriculum nights, Veterans's Day Program). Big WOW! The old building is being replaced with a brand new 2 story school. (set to open in Fall of 2010). TEA exemplary rating is the icing on the cake.

Peters Colony Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2008
The staff is very committed to the success of the students. I like that they have a Science discovery class as part of their specials rotation.

Posted September 15, 2008

Peters Colony Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2008
I didn't like the system they used to pick up the kids after school. It was always congested. Not enough fun time, poor teacher communication. I am moving this month so my son goes to a better school.

Peters Colony Elementary School
5101 Nash Drive, The Colony, TX  75056
Last modified Peters Colony Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peters Colony Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top