Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 12, 2016
Ms. Roebuck has been great trying to have my son come out of his shell!

Griffin Middle School 4

Posted April 12, 2016
The new school is fantastic . My son has had great teachers! I have emailed a counselor twice with no reply but don't have that issue with teachers. The band program is really good,however a little intense for middle school age.

Griffin Middle School 3

Posted January 11, 2013
Not a great school. Some of the teachers communicate well but others do not. It is not a challenging environment by any means. The office is very disorganized. If you need to pick up your child early for any reason, be sure and prepare to wait for at least 15 minutes to have them pulled out of class. No communication sent home whatsoever.

Griffin Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2012
I had a very bad experience in this school. I moved last year to a near distric, so much better,! Still getting a lot of negative feedback about one of the assistant principal. , I still have a lot of friends whos kids go here and their unhappiness is growing day by day. I am just going to say that I am happy I moved when I did and I don't have to deal with this people anymore. My kid is doing great in Frisco ISD .

Posted April 25, 2010
The teachers really try to help my child succeed in his classes. Whenever I have asked for how he is doing during the year, they respond right away.

Posted April 25, 2010
They seem to really care how the kids are doing in school.

Posted January 15, 2009
My daughter has always been an A student and continues to thrive at Griffin. She is a straight A 7th grader. They have a great Pre AP program for advanced students and they work hard to make sure the students are getting the education they are capable of. As for the parents that gave bad reviews of this school....Education begins at home. That is al I have to say.

Posted September 01, 2008
My daughter is starting her 2nd year at this school. We had heard that the school did not have a good reputation and were very apprehensive about her attending GMS. We have been pleasantly surprised -- the new principal seems to have been a good addition and the teachers are committed to the kids.

Griffin Middle School 3

Posted July 28, 2008
This will be my daughter's 3rd year at Griffin. There is a new principal. I do not have any comments about him yet. The teachers worked with me through the years to help her succeed and pass. Sometimes I was emailing them on a daily basis to get her on track. They were sincerely concerned with her and went above and beyond to help. My only complaint was that she was in special ed and they took her out 6 weeks after starting at the school. She has been in Math Lab since then and has not had an extra curricular class yet. Even though we had a meeting and I started that she needed something to look forward to. They seem to think they know more about my daughter and and needs more than I do.

Posted May 02, 2008
Middle School is a tough age to work with on a daily basis and the teachers have shown they have what it takes to make a difference in the lives of their students . Great band program!

5105 North Colony Boulevard, The Colony, TX  75056
Last modified Griffin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.