Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Stewarts Creek Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 12, 2016
Ms woods has really taken my daughter under her wing and made her strive to do anything she puts her mind to. I have loved all my daughters teachers but she by far has been the best. My daughters future teachers have some very big shoes to fill.

Posted April 12, 2016
I love this school so much. I live right across the street and my daughter walks over everyday. The principal Mr cockrem is such a sweet guy always talking to me and my kids. I've been very blessed to love all her teachers since pretty k. They also started a thing called multi-age and my daughter has flourished. I strongly recommend this school to anyone who will listen. GO STALLIONS

Stewarts Creek Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2014
The principal Mr. Cockerham is trying very hard to turn the school around, but it's going to be difficult to encourage all the teachers and most importantly - the PARENTS! We would attend class PTA meeting where no more than 3-4 parents would show up, very sad! the test scores continue to reflect the student population of this blue collared neighborhood.

Posted February 25, 2014
This school is HORRIBLE. I will be taking my child out and to another school as soon as this year is complete. I would do it immediately but I would prefer my child completing the year and starting fresh. Not to mention teaching her to follow through. Communication is HORRIBLE, whether it be between teacher/parent, teacher/student, office/parent, principle/parent...communication is clearly something NONE (teachers and office) know about. If you have concerns, or hear, or even see something yourself that shouldn't take place....if you bring it up, it's nothing but excuses. They say "we'll work on that", but that's a lie. I've heard it more than once, more than three times and it continues. I have heard NUMEROUS times that teachers down talk the children. With the way I have been spoken to, it does NOT surprise me. Office staff seems to be flat out MISERABLE!! Never enthusiastic, seem to hate their job. You can walk in the office and stand there for a minute before you're recognized or acknowledged. Needs A LOT more upbeat and fun things for students to do....MORE HANDS ON!! Make the suggest and it's just shrugged off! My only advise, do check ratings at schools, ratings tell a lot!

Posted October 15, 2013
There is such a lack of communication here in this school!!! Front office people never seem happy and never address you when you walk in. There has been some "issues" with my child, and when I have tried to address them with the teacher you pretty much get a "I'm only here for my paycheck I really don't care about your childs needs" attitude. I've talked to a few other teachers and they have all directed me to somebody else to handle the problem. Yet when I leave my name and number, emails and voicemails NOBODY ever calls back!!! Its SO frustrating when you are trying to address a problem and handle it nicely and go through the correct chain of commands and nobody seems to care! The people at the school actually seem to become more irritated when you are involved with your child's education! I am SO through with this school and pulling my children out! My advice would be to actually hire teachers and staff that actually care about the children's education and welfare. And be happy that some parents actually want to be involved and help.

Posted August 22, 2013
Everyone was very helpful. I was skeptical after I read the previous reviews about this school but the teachers are very friendly and welcoming.

Posted June 04, 2013
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm THRILLED that my son will be OUT of this HORRIBLE school, and that we are moving to another school district. This is the third year the principal has been there and it's evident that under his leadership it's gone nowhere but down. For a once "Exemplary" school to slip to "Acceptable" status under new leadership is ridiculous. The front office staff is rude and completely unorganized, as is the rest of the administrative staff. Clear communication is sorely lacking. As a parent whose child was a first-time student, I'm so disappointed and frustrated with his first year of school. His teacher was great, but the rest of the stuff - completely awful. I would never, ever, EVER recommend this school, call it a "good school," or speak highly of this school, our experience was so bad. I knew from the time I enrolled my child, when I heard a teacher berating her students in the classroom next door, that this was going to be a bad experience and I should have fought for my transfer. So glad that we will be in another school district next year so he won't have to suffer with such a poor learning environment again!

Posted February 04, 2013
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! My children are treated poorly. Today my son was "lost" and they thought it was a laughing matter. I DO NOT THINK SO!!! A child with Autism who is left in the care of someone who he does not know is not a laughing matter. He was almost put on a bus, which he has NEVER rode on for the entire year. WTH??? I am so beyond fed up with this school it is unreal. I am about to pack shop and move to a better school where I know he will be treated better and SAFER!!!

Posted August 24, 2012
Had a chance to work in this school this past summer (2012), and the Principal is an A+ man with a vision. School is old, but has charm and they keep it clean. Besides, older schools have class! They offer many programs for an elementary school too! Most of the reviews here need to be more postive to foster a better community feel for their local schools that work so hard to educate the kids. GO STALLIONS, and best wishes in 2012/13!!!!

Posted August 05, 2012
Every day when my child back home and I asked about the day in her school (PK), she answer -The teacher was busy talking with other teacher and chewing gum. So, no matter what the kids are just three hours, the teacher have to put 100% attention in their classmate.

Stewarts Creek Elementary School
4431 Augusta Street, The Colony, TX  75056
Last modified Stewarts Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.