The Colony, TX
Students enrolled: 1,978

Posted February 11, 2012
I attended this school for four years. As each year went by, I became increasingly irritated with this "school." There have been parent comments on this site in regards to "other aspects besides education" getting far more attention than the education itself. This is so very true. When I was a senior, about 60% (give or take) of the students in all of my classes could barely read at a 3rd grade level. These students were never assisted. However, despite my grades being very low (I was VERY lazy), it was my appearance that received the attention. I was suspended once for wearing a shirt my principal felt was inappropriate (it had an anarchy sign). Although it was illegal for him to suspend me for it, i was suspended for "insubordination" when I put it back on. They are absolutely biased and do not care about their students succeeding. The counselors would tell students that they could not test out of classes. Yes, yes you can. But then how will the school make money? Hmmm... overall, I was smarter than all of my teachers, save a short few. Do not send your children to this school. Charter schools are the way to go.

Posted July 17, 2011
We moved to The Colony four years ago as our daughter was entering high school, specifically for this high school. We have not been disappointed. The education she received has been excellent, she had teachers who not only taught their subject well, but went well beyond to make learning fun and build relationships with their students. Our daughter took 5 AP tests, and passed them all, thanks to the wonderful faculty and staff at TCHS.

Posted August 10, 2010
As a current student who will graduate in 2011, I find that TCHS stands out as a school with countless possibilities for students. The school provides various sports teams (football, baseball, softball, track, swimming, etc.), as well as fantastic arts programs such as band, orchestra, and theater. As an orchestra member, I've found that the music programs are top-knotch (TC Orchestra is considered one of the best in the region). Besides extracurriculars, the classes are diverse and the teachers are excellent. For the most part, the staff works with the students individually to help guide and expand their knowledge. With such opportunities as gifted and AP courses, students are sure to find their experience at TCHS both enriching and challenging. For those who struggle, TCHS also offers after-school tutoring through the HELP program, and teachers often hold their own scheduled tutoring before and after school. Overall, a great school!

Posted April 20, 2010
This school has been a horrible experience for my child. After countless parent teacher meetings and meetings with staff they have done little to show they care about anything other then attendance and testing. Several of my childs teachers wait 3-4 weeks before putting grades in the books, so if there is a problem or missing assignment by the time you find out its too late to fix it. Tardies over 5 minutes are counted as full unexcused absenses and get 3 of those in a 4 week period they send you to court! Everytime we have gone up to the court there has been 50+ kids up there waiting for their turn. This is quite a lucritive business for them. As for clubs if your not into sports you are compleatly out of luck. There is no A/V, computer, art, or pop culture clubs. Overall horrible.

Posted June 17, 2009
This school is really great, my daughter really excelled and was in the advanced program. She was very happy with her teachers.

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted November 11, 2008
TCHS does nothing to challenge its students. Graduates leave school with remedial reading & comprehension skills, and their required math assesment levels are close to 5th grade achievement.

Posted June 02, 2008
I have enjoyed having 2 students go through TCHS. I have been actively involved in the PTSA and many booster clubs. This school encourages parent involvement. Both children were able to get into their college of choice due to their excellent academic records. The choir is absolutely amazing and is well known around the area. Many students receive gold medals in competitions and they travel (optional). I have really enjoyed the teachers and highly recommend this high school.

Posted April 25, 2008
This school or any lisd school has no respect for students with illnesses or any medical condition. They wanted to send my child to pass because he could not be quite with a tic!

Posted January 07, 2008
My daughter graduated from TCHS. I believe they did an excellent job in preparing her for college. She got accepted to several great colleges and Universities and all three military acadmeies. I think they have an excellent JROTC program and Col White should be commended in his work with the children.

The Colony High School
4301 Blair Oaks Drive, The Colony, TX  75056
Last modified The Colony High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Colony High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top