Bad
Good

My son attended The Colony High School and obtained his high school diploma. He made lots of friends there and felt it was a very safe school.

I retired from teaching mathematics at TCHS after being there for 22 years. I feel that 90% of the teachers at this school are dedicated teachers and want the best for their students. The staff is also very conscience of safety at the school. The administration is supportive of the teachers and the students. TCHS has a wonderful fine arts program, athletic program and a great JROTC program. The administration and staff continuously strive to learn and use the best teaching methods and to structure their curriculum to meet the needs of ALL students. The science and mathematics departments are filled with high dedicated and enthusiastic instructors that prepare students in all aspects of STEM subjects. The AP program and AVID programs are also outstanding. Overall, if a student is willing to come to school to be successful in academics, prepare for college and be socially responsible, this is the place to achieve those goals.

Bullied by kids Disrespected and embarassed by teachers Bad food I am torchered in this school, i hate it as much as campers in games

I attended this school for four years. As each year went by, I became increasingly irritated with this "school." There have been parent comments on this site in regards to "other aspects besides education" getting far more attention than the education itself. This is so very true. When I was a senior, about 60% (give or take) of the students in all of my classes could barely read at a 3rd grade level. These students were never assisted. However, despite my grades being very low (I was VERY lazy), it was my appearance that received the attention. I was suspended once for wearing a shirt my principal felt was inappropriate (it had an anarchy sign). Although it was illegal for him to suspend me for it, i was suspended for "insubordination" when I put it back on. They are absolutely biased and do not care about their students succeeding. The counselors would tell students that they could not test out of classes. Yes, yes you can. But then how will the school make money? Hmmm... overall, I was smarter than all of my teachers, save a short few. Do not send your children to this school. Charter schools are the way to go.

We moved to The Colony four years ago as our daughter was entering high school, specifically for this high school. We have not been disappointed. The education she received has been excellent, she had teachers who not only taught their subject well, but went well beyond to make learning fun and build relationships with their students. Our daughter took 5 AP tests, and passed them all, thanks to the wonderful faculty and staff at TCHS.

As a current student who will graduate in 2011, I find that TCHS stands out as a school with countless possibilities for students. The school provides various sports teams (football, baseball, softball, track, swimming, etc.), as well as fantastic arts programs such as band, orchestra, and theater. As an orchestra member, I've found that the music programs are top-knotch (TC Orchestra is considered one of the best in the region). Besides extracurriculars, the classes are diverse and the teachers are excellent. For the most part, the staff works with the students individually to help guide and expand their knowledge. With such opportunities as gifted and AP courses, students are sure to find their experience at TCHS both enriching and challenging. For those who struggle, TCHS also offers after-school tutoring through the HELP program, and teachers often hold their own scheduled tutoring before and after school. Overall, a great school!

I had good teachers and enjoyed the AP classes. The staff was helpful while working with students. Several clubs avaliable.

This school has been a horrible experience for my child. After countless parent teacher meetings and meetings with staff they have done little to show they care about anything other then attendance and testing. Several of my childs teachers wait 3-4 weeks before putting grades in the books, so if there is a problem or missing assignment by the time you find out its too late to fix it. Tardies over 5 minutes are counted as full unexcused absenses and get 3 of those in a 4 week period they send you to court! Everytime we have gone up to the court there has been 50+ kids up there waiting for their turn. This is quite a lucritive business for them. As for clubs if your not into sports you are compleatly out of luck. There is no A/V, computer, art, or pop culture clubs. Overall horrible.

This school is really great, my daughter really excelled and was in the advanced program. She was very happy with her teachers.

TCHS does nothing to challenge its students. Graduates leave school with remedial reading & comprehension skills, and their required math assesment levels are close to 5th grade achievement.

Last modified The Colony High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.