Bad
Good

Only been at Ethridge for one semester, but we love it! The school seems determined to raise well-rounded, confident kids. Individual attention is given as much as possible, and a real family environment is evident.

My daughter has attended this school for 5 years and she has had a wonderful experience--great teachers, wonderful art and music, and PE program that keep the emphasis on life long health. My husband and I are both college educated (he has a PhD) and we have nothing but praise for Ethridge.

It is only day 2 but I am already impressed. We had our children transferred from Stewart's Creek (no small feat) because of the nightmare we had experienced over there. Ethridge has a brand new principal this year and she seems genuinely eager and capable to make this school a positive environment for the students (the exact opposite from Stewart's Creek.) The teachers I have met have been extremely friendly and helpful. Our children are actually happy to be here. We are looking forward to a great year.

I have had 3 kids either going through or still in Ethridge Elementary. There are some wonderful teachers there who want to see your child succeed and are willing to go out of their way to make sure it happens. There are others who seem to make it their life mission to redicule and demean your child until the only thing they care about is escaping the teacher. (And good luck with that, the teachers switch the grades so often it wouldn't surprise me if you could have the same teacher for all 6 years.) The extras are great, but I'd rather see them put a little more emphasis on good teaching instead of 'letting a kindergardener play chess'.

I have found the school to be quite stellar. The staff is serious about educating the students and the parents are very involved. We are actually in the process of looking for a new house but are containing ourselves to a house in this school's district because we have been so pleased thus far.

We have 2 kids there; K & 2nd. The majority of teachers are highly qualified and in love with teaching and being around children. EVERY staff member seems to know every child's name. Many grades team teach to work with the strengths and passions of each teacher. The extras are great and almost 100% VOLUNTEERED time by the teachers. The cleaning staff is impeccable too - its always clean. Where else can Kindergarten-level kids try chess? But my favorite part is the behavior of the students: they are all so respectful. Fifth graders protect the younger grades, not pick on them. Kids hold doors for ladies pushing in strollers and say thank you when you hold a door for them. Respect for each other is the central theme not just on paper but in what they teach through action.

My daughter loves this school. The teachers are some of the best and they are truly involved with their students. This school does offer many more in-school and extracurricular activities than other schools in The Colony. It is a great place to send your child!

Last modified Ethridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.